{OT:} German system values health care as a right

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2009, 10:12 am   #1 (permalink)
edspyhill01
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default {OT:} German system values health care as a right

"The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a basic
protection at any given time in his life, and that this should be
guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."

Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009

German system values health care as a right

Roman Deininger
is a political reporter for the Suddeutsche Zeitung in Munich, one of
Germany's two leading daily newspapers, and is visiting The
Philadelphia Inquirer on an Arthur F. Burns Fellowship.

I was in an American hospital's emergency room only once, and then I
was not the patient. A friend of mine from Malaysia was, and he
received excellent care. But I have to admit this is not what I
primarily remember from that night. Instead what springs to mind is
that the first thing this frightened patient was asked by the hospital
staff wasn't how he was doing. It was how he intended to pay.

For me, as a German, this was a culture shock. The scene nurtured a
feeling - grossly unfair as it is to countless dedicated professionals
- that the U.S. health-care system was more about money than health.
You hear terrible stories (told not only by polemics like Michael
Moore) about commercial insurers weeding out customers they deem
unprofitable. Stories about people getting sick, losing their job
because they are sick, losing their insurance because they lost their
job, and losing their life because they lost their insurance.

This couldn't happen in Germany. Don't get me wrong: Our health-care
model is full of flaws and in constant need of reform, and of course
it's also about making money. But the drive for profits is held in
check by one overarching principle: solidarity.

I know this sounds a bit like "socialism," but it isn't. And I
understand the conservative philosophy feeding the American distrust
toward public health insurance. However, if there is to be an honest
discussion about universal health care - as provided by nearly every
industrialized nation - we must dispel the myth that it infringes on
individual rights.

Article continues:
http://www.philly.com/inquirer/currents/63466397.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2009, 10:21 am   #2 (permalink)
JoeSpareBedroom
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

"edspyhill01" <edspyhill01@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e21854ba-4f77-4837-85fd-0fe8a32e9b0e@l34g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
> "The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
> 1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a basic
> protection at any given time in his life, and that this should be
> guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."
>
> Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009
>
> German system values health care as a right



I've guessed the 3 types of responses. I'll reveal them as they appear.


  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2009, 10:55 am   #3 (permalink)
edspyhill01
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

On Oct 6, 10:21*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <newstr...@frontiernet.net>
wrote:
> "edspyhill01" <edspyhil...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:e21854ba-4f77-4837-85fd-0fe8a32e9b0e@l34g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
>
> > "The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
> > 1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a basic
> > protection at any given time in his life, and that this should be
> > guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."

>
> > Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009

>
> > German system values health care as a right

>
> I've guessed the 3 types of responses. I'll reveal them as they appear.


The rightwingnuts are busy posting Beck/Hannity/O'reilly talking
points. They can't read.

  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2009, 06:05 pm   #4 (permalink)
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:21:19 -0400, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> "edspyhill01" <edspyhill01@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:e21854ba-4f77-4837-85fd-0fe8a32e9b0e@l34g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
>> "The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
>> 1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a basic
>> protection at any given time in his life, and that this should be
>> guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."
>>
>> Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009
>>
>> German system values health care as a right

>
>
> I've guessed the 3 types of responses. I'll reveal them as they appear.


I'll bet you haven't.


  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2009, 09:52 pm   #5 (permalink)
edspyhill01
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

On Oct 6, 6:05 pm, Hachiroku ハチロク <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:21:19 -0400, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> > "edspyhill01" <edspyhil...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >news:e21854ba-4f77-4837-85fd-0fe8a32e9b0e@l34g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
> >> "The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
> >> 1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a basic
> >> protection at any given time in his life, and that this should be
> >> guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."

>
> >> Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009

>
> >> German system values health care as a right

>
> > I've guessed the 3 types of responses. I'll reveal them as they appear.

>
> I'll bet you haven't.


Number one - "I didn't and won't read the article but I'll ask useless
questions."
  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2009, 11:17 pm   #6 (permalink)
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 18:52:27 -0700, edspyhill01 wrote:

> On Oct 6, 6:05 pm, Hachiroku * <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 10:21:19 -0400, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> > "edspyhill01" <edspyhil...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >news:e21854ba-4f77-4837-85fd-0fe8a32e9b0e@l34g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
>> >> "The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
>> >> 1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a
>> >> basic protection at any given time in his life, and that this should
>> >> be guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."

>>
>> >> Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009

>>
>> >> German system values health care as a right

>>
>> > I've guessed the 3 types of responses. I'll reveal them as they
>> > appear.

>>
>> I'll bet you haven't.

>
> Number one - "I didn't and won't read the article but I'll ask useless
> questions."



Nope.


  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2009, 08:50 am   #7 (permalink)
Mark
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

Nope, that's Joe's SOP... he specializes in non sequiturs


On Oct 6, 9:52*pm, edspyhill01 <edspyhil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Number one - "I didn't and won't read the article but I'll ask useless
> questions."


  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2009, 08:51 am   #8 (permalink)
JoeSpareBedroom
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right


When did you lose your ability to think about more than one thing at the
same time? Maybe you should see your doctor.



"Mark" <bogusmailmark@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7271ddb1-bfa3-472d-a19d-360c3b6e50ae@o36g2000vbl.googlegroups.com...
Nope, that's Joe's SOP... he specializes in non sequiturs


On Oct 6, 9:52 pm, edspyhill01 <edspyhil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Number one - "I didn't and won't read the article but I'll ask useless
> questions."



  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2009, 12:24 pm   #9 (permalink)
Hachiroku
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 07:55:13 -0700, edspyhill01 wrote:

> On Oct 6, 10:21*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <newstr...@frontiernet.net>
> wrote:
>> "edspyhill01" <edspyhil...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>
>> news:e21854ba-4f77-4837-85fd-0fe8a32e9b0e@l34g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
>>
>> > "The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
>> > 1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a basic
>> > protection at any given time in his life, and that this should be
>> > guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."

>>
>> > Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009

>>
>> > German system values health care as a right

>>
>> I've guessed the 3 types of responses. I'll reveal them as they appear.

>
> The rightwingnuts are busy posting Beck/Hannity/O'reilly talking
> points. They can't read.



Nope.

One more guess.


  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2009, 03:50 pm   #10 (permalink)
edspyhill01
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: {OT:} German system values health care as a right

On Oct 7, 12:24*pm, Hachiroku <Tru...@e86.GTS> wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 07:55:13 -0700, edspyhill01 wrote:
> > On Oct 6, 10:21*am, "JoeSpareBedroom" <newstr...@frontiernet.net>
> > wrote:
> >> "edspyhill01" <edspyhil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>
> >>news:e21854ba-4f77-4837-85fd-0fe8a32e9b0e@l34g2000vba.googlegroups.com....

>
> >> > "The German model, the world's first national system, dating back to
> >> > 1883, is based on the conviction that every person should have a basic
> >> > protection at any given time in his life, and that this should be
> >> > guaranteed by the collective sharing of risks."

>
> >> > Posted on Sun, Oct. 4, 2009

>
> >> > German system values health care as a right

>
> >> I've guessed the 3 types of responses. I'll reveal them as they appear..

>
> > The rightwingnuts are busy posting Beck/Hannity/O'reilly talking
> > points. *They can't read.

>
> Nope.
>
> One more guess.- Hide quoted text -
>
> - Show quoted text -


It's just that you are unaware of the brainwashing you went through.
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.