OT - Climate data corrupt

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2010, 12:10 pm   #1 (permalink)
Conscience
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default OT - Climate data corrupt

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...-heat-sources/

"...90

percent of the sensors are too close to potential sources of heat to
pass muster..."

  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 12:28 pm   #2 (permalink)
Michael
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: OT - Climate data corrupt

On Feb 26, 9:10*am, Conscience <nobama@göv.com> wrote:
> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...compromised-by...
>
> "...90
>
> percent of the sensors are too close to potential sources of heat to
> pass muster..."



Don't you just love that.

Michael
  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 12:33 pm   #3 (permalink)
Conscience
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: OT - Climate data corrupt

On 2010-02-26 09:28:42 -0800, Michael <mrdarrett@gmail.com> said:

> On Feb 26, 9:10*am, Conscience <nobama@göv.com> wrote:
>> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...compromised-by...
>>
>> "...90 percent of the sensors are too close to potential sources of
>> heat to pass muster..."

>
>
> Don't you just love that.


I do indeed.

  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 12:48 pm   #4 (permalink)
charlesgrozny
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: OT - Climate data corrupt


"Conscience" <nobama@göv.com> wrote in message
news:hm90lm$e5e$2@news.albasani.net...
> On 2010-02-26 09:28:42 -0800, Michael <mrdarrett@gmail.com> said:
>
>> On Feb 26, 9:10 am, Conscience <nobama@göv.com> wrote:
>>> http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/...compromised-by...
>>>
>>> "...90 percent of the sensors are too close to potential sources of heat
>>> to pass muster..."

>>
>>
>> Don't you just love that.

>
> I do indeed.
>


I know that the weather station setup at WVLN had to be so many feet away
from any building or heat source and 6 ft off the ground. (WVLN is out in
the country away from the village of Olney, IL) It was, I think, something
like 100 ft away from the building.

Charles Fregeau


  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 12:54 pm   #5 (permalink)
Conscience
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: OT - Climate data corrupt

On 2010-02-26 09:48:26 -0800, "charlesgrozny" <n5hsr@sprynet.com> said:

> I know that the weather station setup at WVLN had to be so many feet away
> from any building or heat source and 6 ft off the ground. (WVLN is out in
> the country away from the village of Olney, IL) It was, I think, something
> like 100 ft away from the building.


There are cases in which even 100 feet would be insufficient.

  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 01:00 pm   #6 (permalink)
Jeff Strickland
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: OT - Climate data corrupt


"Conscience" <nobama@göv.com> wrote in message
news:hm91s6$g5c$1@news.albasani.net...
> On 2010-02-26 09:48:26 -0800, "charlesgrozny" <n5hsr@sprynet.com> said:
>
>> I know that the weather station setup at WVLN had to be so many feet away
>> from any building or heat source and 6 ft off the ground. (WVLN is out
>> in
>> the country away from the village of Olney, IL) It was, I think,
>> something
>> like 100 ft away from the building.

>
> There are cases in which even 100 feet would be insufficient.
>



You gotta love it, they mount a thermometer on the rim of the smoke stack at
the electric company, then say, "Look, it's hotter than it was before humans
came around."







  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Feb 2010, 01:19 pm   #7 (permalink)
Conscience
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: OT - Climate data corrupt

On 2010-02-26 10:00:07 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> said:

>
> "Conscience" <nobama@göv.com> wrote in message
> news:hm91s6$g5c$1@news.albasani.net...
>> On 2010-02-26 09:48:26 -0800, "charlesgrozny" <n5hsr@sprynet.com> said:
>>
>>> I know that the weather station setup at WVLN had to be so many feet away
>>> from any building or heat source and 6 ft off the ground. (WVLN is out
>>> in
>>> the country away from the village of Olney, IL) It was, I think,
>>> something
>>> like 100 ft away from the building.

>>
>> There are cases in which even 100 feet would be insufficient.
>>

>
>
> You gotta love it, they mount a thermometer on the rim of the smoke stack at
> the electric company, then say, "Look, it's hotter than it was before humans
> came around."


This has been known for several years. Hell, it's been mentioned in
sci-fi novels.

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.