Door Lock Control Relay location?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05 Oct 2008, 02:48 pm   #1 (permalink)
Stubby
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Door Lock Control Relay location?

I have a '95 Camry with eletric door lock problems. The wiring diagram and
it shows the Door Lock Relay either in the engine compartment on the
passenger side or under the instrument panel -- the sketch is just not
clear. I can't find it in the engine compartment and removing the dash
board seems too hard!

Can anyone tell me exactly where it is? TIA.


  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Oct 2008, 01:49 pm   #2 (permalink)
ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Door Lock Control Relay location?

On Oct 5, 2:48*pm, "Stubby" <William.Plummer*NO*SP...@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:
> I have a '95 Camry with eletric door lock problems. *The wiring diagramand
> it shows the Door Lock Relay either in the engine compartment on the
> passenger side or under the instrument panel -- the sketch is just not
> clear. *I can't find it in the engine compartment and removing the dash
> board seems too hard!
>
> Can anyone tell me exactly where it is? * TIA.


Im sure you dont have to remove the dash if that is where it is, cars
are made to be repaired, look under the dash, my older camry had a
panel in the footwells, If door lock is Ng maybe a fuse but some
relays have a resetable breaker,
  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2008, 07:24 am   #3 (permalink)
Stubby
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Door Lock Control Relay location?

There's nothing obvious. That's why I asked. But there is one electrical
component which has a Potter-Brumfield ID on it. PB makes relays but the
door lock relay shown in the wiring diagram seems to be more electronic than
PB makes.

The electrical problems with this car stem from it getting the "old battery
acid trick". In order to create future business, they use an eye dropper to
apply a bit of battery acid to an electrical connector. Over a year or
two, the connections get corroded and break. I've put jumper in 4 wires to
cope with the situation but a bunch of new problems (door locks, cruise
control) appeared a year ago when I had to have the engine replaced. I
should just get a different car but mine runs fine except for the minor
annoyances and I can bring myself to ditch it.



"ransley" <Mark_Ransley@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:56e1d5f0-1774-491c-8e68-7e11166261de@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...
On Oct 5, 2:48 pm, "Stubby" <William.Plummer*NO*SP...@alum.mit.edu>
wrote:
> I have a '95 Camry with eletric door lock problems. The wiring diagram and
> it shows the Door Lock Relay either in the engine compartment on the
> passenger side or under the instrument panel -- the sketch is just not
> clear. I can't find it in the engine compartment and removing the dash
> board seems too hard!
>
> Can anyone tell me exactly where it is? TIA.


Im sure you dont have to remove the dash if that is where it is, cars
are made to be repaired, look under the dash, my older camry had a
panel in the footwells, If door lock is Ng maybe a fuse but some
relays have a resetable breaker,


  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2008, 12:08 pm   #4 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Door Lock Control Relay location?

Stubby wrote:
> I have a '95 Camry with eletric door lock problems. The wiring diagram and
> it shows the Door Lock Relay either in the engine compartment on the
> passenger side or under the instrument panel -- the sketch is just not
> clear.

========
If you can get the Owner's manual, it lists each relay location and
function.
Basically there are a couple under the hood near the battery, one
behind the coin holder (mostly fuses) and I think there may be some
behind the kick panels just in front of the door on each side.
====
OK, I looked in the owner's manual.
"Fuses (type C)
34. P/W 30 A: Electric moon roof, power windows, tilt steering, power
door lock controls, power back door lock control."
Fuses diagram shows "Instrument Panel" fuses 17 - 27 with three relay
boxes in the upper right corner, numbered from top to bottom, 33, 34,
35. (so you want the one in the middle, just to the right of the upper
corner) The fuses are in a grid four across and three high. (just so
you know you're in the right place)
So you would not look under the kick panels or in the engine
compartment. Should be behind the coin box. That is, to the left of
the steering wheel (US). Open the coin box, then squeeze the two tabs
on the side to remove.
==
You're welcome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Oct 2008, 02:43 pm   #5 (permalink)
Stubby
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Door Lock Control Relay location?

You're a super hero. Thanks!

"Daniel" <nospampls2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:832e0df0-b908-4fc8-b0b9-e868860ba82e@k36g2000pri.googlegroups.com...
> Stubby wrote:
> > I have a '95 Camry with eletric door lock problems. The wiring diagram

and
> > it shows the Door Lock Relay either in the engine compartment on the
> > passenger side or under the instrument panel -- the sketch is just not
> > clear.

> ========
> If you can get the Owner's manual, it lists each relay location and
> function.
> Basically there are a couple under the hood near the battery, one
> behind the coin holder (mostly fuses) and I think there may be some
> behind the kick panels just in front of the door on each side.
> ====
> OK, I looked in the owner's manual.
> "Fuses (type C)
> 34. P/W 30 A: Electric moon roof, power windows, tilt steering, power
> door lock controls, power back door lock control."
> Fuses diagram shows "Instrument Panel" fuses 17 - 27 with three relay
> boxes in the upper right corner, numbered from top to bottom, 33, 34,
> 35. (so you want the one in the middle, just to the right of the upper
> corner) The fuses are in a grid four across and three high. (just so
> you know you're in the right place)
> So you would not look under the kick panels or in the engine
> compartment. Should be behind the coin box. That is, to the left of
> the steering wheel (US). Open the coin box, then squeeze the two tabs
> on the side to remove.
> ==
> You're welcome.



  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.