differential fluid

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Oct 2008, 08:36 pm   #1 (permalink)
M.Balarama
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default differential fluid

have 98 camry 60,000 miles- book says replace differential fluid..
does it use special differential fluid?
thanks
Michael


  Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2008, 12:09 am   #2 (permalink)
johngdole@hotmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: differential fluid

The Aisin A140E transaxle uses GM Dexron III.

GM officially has only the synthetic-blend Dexron VI now (which
replaces all previous Dexron fluids), but you can find a lot of Dexron
III conventional dino fluids at Walmart and parts stores.



On Oct 23, 6:36*pm, "M.Balarama" <mba...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> have 98 camry 60,000 miles- book says replace differential fluid..
> does it use special differential fluid?
> thanks
> Michael


  Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2008, 05:22 pm   #3 (permalink)
ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: differential fluid

On Oct 24, 12:09*am, johngd...@hotmail.com wrote:
> The Aisin A140E transaxle uses GM Dexron III.
>
> GM officially has only the synthetic-blend Dexron VI now (which
> replaces all previous Dexron fluids), but you can find a lot of Dexron
> III conventional dino fluids at Walmart and parts stores.
>
> On Oct 23, 6:36*pm, "M.Balarama" <mba...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>
>
> > have 98 camry 60,000 miles- book says replace differential fluid..
> > does it use special differential fluid?
> > thanks
> > Michael- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


What is Mobil synthetic, I used it for over 10 years on a 91. Mobil
has a multi vehicle blend for ford and GM, its worked for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 08:48 pm   #4 (permalink)
johngdole@hotmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: differential fluid

The older formulation of Mobil-1 synthetic is pretty much Dexron II/
III, Mercon V and such. However, even the new Mobil-1 formulation must
NOT be used in Dexron VI applications, such as the GM Hydramatic 6L/6T
high performance clutch-to-clutch transmissions.

Mobil has a syn-blend Dexron VI. Valvoline has a fully synthetic
Dexron VI. Both are *backward compatible* and can be used in Dexron II/
III applications without problems.

The "new" Mobil-1 synthetic is good for the following. And yes, I plan
to use it on all Honda Z1, Toyota T-IV, VW & Volvo 3309 (Mobil-3309)
applications that come my way:

* Approved for Allison C-4 applications
* Exceeds JASO 1-A performance standard
* Also suitable for use in vehicles that specify the following
fluid requirements:
o Audi G 052 025-A2, G 052 162-A1
o BMW LA2634
o Esso LT 71141
o ETL-7045E, ETL-8072B, N402
o Ford* MERCON*, MERCON V, MERCON LV
o All 2005 and earlier GM vehicles**
o Honda ATF-Z1*
o Hyundai SP-II, SP-III
o Idemitsu K17
o JWS 3309
o Kia SP-II, SP-III
o MAN 339F, V1, V2, Z1, Z2, Z3
o Mazda ATF-III, ATF-MV
o Mercedes-Benz 236.1, 236.2, 236.5, 236.6, 236.7, 236.9
o Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II, SP-III
o Nissan Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K
o Subaru ATF
o Toyota T-III, T-IV
o Voith 55.6335.XX (G607, G1363)
o Volvo 97340
o ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 09, 14A, 14B, 16L, 17C




On Oct 24, 3:22*pm, ransley <Mark_Rans...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> What is Mobil synthetic, I used it for over 10 years on a 91. Mobil
> has a multi vehicle blend for ford and GM, its worked for me.


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:32 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.