HELP!!! ...unlocking the radio on my '95 Camry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Oct 2008, 04:53 pm   #1 (permalink)
Toshi
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default HELP!!! ...unlocking the radio on my '95 Camry

Need your help! My radio is locked up since I disconnect the battery
to work on the Starter contacts... Do anyone here know what the magic
code is? I have 1995 Camry LE with Radio #51706 Thank you in
advance!!

  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2008, 08:43 pm   #2 (permalink)
johngdole@hotmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: HELP!!! ...unlocking the radio on my '95 Camry

That's the purpose of the security code -- so thieves can't unlock the
code.

Usually, in addition to the owner's code, there should be ONE dealer
code unique to the delivery dealer. It's pay-up time.



On Oct 28, 2:53*pm, Toshi <tshi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Need your help! My radio is locked up since I disconnect the battery
> to work on the Starter contacts... Do anyone here know what the magic
> code is? I have 1995 Camry LE with Radio #51706 *Thank you in
> advance!!


  Reply With Quote
Old 03 Nov 2008, 01:11 pm   #3 (permalink)
mrdarrett@gmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: HELP!!! ...unlocking the radio on my '95 Camry

On Oct 28, 5:43 pm, johngd...@hotmail.com wrote:
> That's the purpose of the security code -- so thieves can't unlock the
> code.
>
> Usually, in addition to the owner's code, there should be ONE dealer
> code unique to the delivery dealer. It's pay-up time.
>
> On Oct 28, 2:53 pm, Toshi <tshi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Need your help! My radio is locked up since I disconnect the battery
> > to work on the Starter contacts... Do anyone here know what the magic
> > code is? I have 1995 Camry LE with Radio #51706 Thank you in
> > advance!!



If you have a '95, would you be interested in buying a new MP3/CD
radio? They're around $99 or so nowadays. Kenwood makes a reasonably
good one.

Michael
  Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2008, 01:02 pm   #4 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: HELP!!! ...unlocking the radio on my '95 Camry

mrdarr...@gmail.com wrote:
> If you have a '95, would you be interested in buying a new MP3/CD
> radio? They're around $99 or so nowadays. Kenwood makes a reasonably
> good one.
>
> Michael

===========
Ditto.
Alpine from Crutchfield.com for about the same price is excellent.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2011, 11:52 pm   #5 (permalink)
memito90
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1995 Toyota Camry: unlocking the radio on my Toyota Camry


How Unlock 1995 Toyota Camry Radio

The absolute solution! No need to go to dealer. I got the code. If you
have a 95 Camry, I have the XLE model, with the radio model 51706 (the
model # can be found in the upper right hand corner of the radio) (I'm
not sure if the model of the car makes a difference, but I'm sure the
model of the radio does).

Reset instructions as follows:


Toyota

Radio unlock code input guide
Your Toyota radio will not operate once it is removed from the console,
making it virtually useless to a thief. The only way to restore power to
the radio once it is removed is to enter a six-digit security code
unique to your radio. The anti-theft features of your radio operate as
follows:


1.If radio displays “HELP” Skip to procedure 1A.

2.(If your radio displays "SEC" you must enter an incorrect 3 digit
number until "HELP" is displayed. It makes no difference what the number
is, so long as it is the incorrect number. The objective is to put radio
into the "HELP" mode. This could take up to 9 times.

3.To enter a three digit code number:

•Press and hold down the (^) “tune up” and #1 preset button at the same
time.

•Input the “incorrect” three digit code number, using the radio station
preset buttons 1 – 3

•Press and hold scan button.
•This could take up to 9 times.
•Your radio should now display “HELP”


1.1A. If radio display displays “HELP” use the following to input
code.

2. To Input your six or five digit code number use the radio station
preset buttons 1 – 3


Example:
1.Your code number is 328448.
2.Press (power and preset buttons 1, 4, 6,) all at the same time.
3.Sec will display.
4.Press and hold down the ( ^ ) “tune UP” and #1 preset button at the
same
time.
5.Input your first 3 digits (328) of your code number, using the radio
station preset buttons 1 – 3
YOU MUST PRESS EACH BUTTON MORE THAN ONCE!!
Example, for 3,
PRESS #1--- 3 TIMES and so on.
6.Press and hold down the ( v ) “tune DOWN” and #1 preset button at the
same
7.This will allow you to input the next 3-digits of your code (448);
again using
the radio station preset buttons 1 – 3.
8.Press and hold scan button.
9.The radio will now “shut down”.
You may now power up your radio!


Thanks a million to Toyota of Orange!
They treated me amazing, and since it was such a quick fix, they did
not charge me a penny. Thank specifically to Shawn in the service
department.


--
memito90
Message origin: TRAVEL.com

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.