U.S. raised Toyota gas pedal issue in '07, ~10% Surveyed HadUnintended Acceleration

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01 Feb 2010, 12:57 am   #1 (permalink)
john
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default U.S. raised Toyota gas pedal issue in '07, ~10% Surveyed HadUnintended Acceleration

"A former top U.S. safety official said federal investigators raised
concerns to Toyota Motor Corp. about the gas pedals in its vehicles as
far back as 2007 but were told they weren't the problem.

"If Toyota misled the federal government, they should be severely
punished," Nason said. She said it was "extremely coincidental" that
Toyota has issued two separate recalls involving the pedals of models
NHTSA was investigating in 2007.

"NHTSA said in an April 2008 report that it sent surveys to nearly
2,000 owners of 2007 Lexus ES350 sedans and nearly 10 percent -- or 59
out of 600 that responded -- reported they had "experienced unintended
acceleration," but only 35 of those said they had all-weather floor
mats.


From The Detroit News:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz0eGUfGOFW
  Reply With Quote
Old 01 Feb 2010, 10:25 am   #2 (permalink)
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: U.S. raised Toyota gas pedal issue in '07, ~10% Surveyed Had Unintended Acceleration

You're just lovin' this aren't you? Lots of negative reports regarding
Toyota and you get a hard-on for 'em.

If you could only afford to purchase a Toyota.......



"john" <johngdole@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7766d065-0124-4712-89fd-1909b1ff0b6f@t34g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
> "A former top U.S. safety official said federal investigators raised
> concerns to Toyota Motor Corp. about the gas pedals in its vehicles as
> far back as 2007 but were told they weren't the problem.
>
> "If Toyota misled the federal government, they should be severely
> punished," Nason said. She said it was "extremely coincidental" that
> Toyota has issued two separate recalls involving the pedals of models
> NHTSA was investigating in 2007.
>
> "NHTSA said in an April 2008 report that it sent surveys to nearly
> 2,000 owners of 2007 Lexus ES350 sedans and nearly 10 percent -- or 59
> out of 600 that responded -- reported they had "experienced unintended
> acceleration," but only 35 of those said they had all-weather floor
> mats.
>
>
> From The Detroit News:
> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz0eGUfGOFW


  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2010, 12:44 am   #3 (permalink)
Sharx35
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: U.S. raised Toyota gas pedal issue in '07, ~10% Surveyed Had Unintended Acceleration



"Elmo P. Shagnasty" <philo@shagnasty.org> wrote in message
news:4b67007a@news.x-privat.org...
> You're just lovin' this aren't you? Lots of negative reports regarding
> Toyota and you get a hard-on for 'em.
>
> If you could only afford to purchase a Toyota.......
>
>


Elmo, OTOH, couldn't get a hard-on for anything except his boyfriend.


>
> "john" <johngdole@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:7766d065-0124-4712-89fd-1909b1ff0b6f@t34g2000prm.googlegroups.com...
>> "A former top U.S. safety official said federal investigators raised
>> concerns to Toyota Motor Corp. about the gas pedals in its vehicles as
>> far back as 2007 but were told they weren't the problem.
>>
>> "If Toyota misled the federal government, they should be severely
>> punished," Nason said. She said it was "extremely coincidental" that
>> Toyota has issued two separate recalls involving the pedals of models
>> NHTSA was investigating in 2007.
>>
>> "NHTSA said in an April 2008 report that it sent surveys to nearly
>> 2,000 owners of 2007 Lexus ES350 sedans and nearly 10 percent -- or 59
>> out of 600 that responded -- reported they had "experienced unintended
>> acceleration," but only 35 of those said they had all-weather floor
>> mats.
>>
>>
>> From The Detroit News:
>> http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz0eGUfGOFW

>

  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Feb 2010, 05:42 am   #4 (permalink)
Elmo P. Shagnasty
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: U.S. raised Toyota gas pedal issue in '07, ~10% Surveyed Had Unintended Acceleration

In article <gRP9n.62008$Db2.25614@edtnps83>,
"Sharx35" <sharx35@hotmail.com> wrote:

> "Elmo P. Shagnasty" <philo@shagnasty.org> wrote in message
> news:4b67007a@news.x-privat.org...
> > You're just lovin' this aren't you? Lots of negative reports regarding
> > Toyota and you get a hard-on for 'em.
> >
> > If you could only afford to purchase a Toyota.......
> >
> >

>
> Elmo, OTOH, couldn't get a hard-on for anything except his boyfriend.


Which Elmo? philo@shagnasty.org?
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.