2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jul 2010, 01:27 am   #1 (permalink)
john
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG

"Ford executives said today that the 2011 Explorer will get 30% better
fuel efficiency than the outgoing model with a turbocharged EcoBoost
engine and 25% better fuel economy with a standard V6 engine."

Photo gallery:
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/g...7260801&Ref=PH

Articles:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...,3621799.story

http://www.freep.com/article/2010072...ntum-Ford-says

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 09:57 am   #2 (permalink)
Spanky de Monkey
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG

What happened to Toyota? Do you now realize that you can never afford to
purchase a TOYOTA?



  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 01:11 pm   #3 (permalink)
hls
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG


"Spanky de Monkey" <spanky@deMonkey.org> wrote in message
news:4c4ef3b4@news.x-privat.org...
> What happened to Toyota? Do you now realize that you can never afford to
> purchase a TOYOTA?


After buying two of them new, I dont see how I ever afforded not to buy
Toyota.

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 01:40 pm   #4 (permalink)
C. E. White
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG


"hls" <hls@nospam.nix> wrote in message
news:8_GdndMGPZvsvNLRnZ2dnUVZ_gqdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
>
> "Spanky de Monkey" <spanky@deMonkey.org> wrote in message
> news:4c4ef3b4@news.x-privat.org...
>> What happened to Toyota? Do you now realize that you can never afford to
>> purchase a TOYOTA?

>
> After buying two of them new, I dont see how I ever afforded not to buy
> Toyota.


I don't think you can directly relate vehicle ownership cost to reliability.
Probably the cheapest vehicle in terms of cost per mile i ever owned was one
of the least reliable POS I ever owned - a 1981 Plymouth Reliant. It got
good gas mileage, everything that failed was covered by the warranty, and
when I dumped it after 11 months, the tade in was almost the same as the
original purchase price (remember this was 1980/81 when prices increased
over 10% in less than a year). Heck even the constantly broken British cars
I owned were cheap to own since I drove them for a couple of years and sold
them for almost (or in two cases) more than I bought them for. The parts
were cheap, and my spare time was free.

Ed


  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 03:34 pm   #5 (permalink)
hls
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG


"C. E. White" <cewhite3@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:i2n95m$vq0
>
> I don't think you can directly relate vehicle ownership cost to
> reliability. Probably the cheapest vehicle in terms of cost per mile i
> ever owned was one of the least reliable POS I ever owned - a 1981
> Plymouth Reliant. It got good gas mileage, everything that failed was
> covered by the warranty, and when I dumped it after 11 months, the tade in
> was almost the same as the original purchase price (remember this was
> 1980/81 when prices increased over 10% in less than a year). Heck even the
> constantly broken British cars I owned were cheap to own since I drove
> them for a couple of years and sold them for almost (or in two cases) more
> than I bought them for. The parts were cheap, and my spare time was free.
>
> Ed
>


When you have a few that are rather unreliable, it skews the equation, in my
mind.

If you want cheap transportation, a billion Chinese cant be wrong.

I always wanted a Mercedes gullwing, or a Ferrari.. Thanks be to God
that I was never afflicted by one of them.

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 05:27 pm   #6 (permalink)
CharlesGrozny
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG


"hls" <hls@nospam.nix> wrote in message
news:qOWdnf0Z94ZB39LRnZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@giganews.com ...
>
> "C. E. White" <cewhite3@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:i2n95m$vq0
>>
>> I don't think you can directly relate vehicle ownership cost to
>> reliability. Probably the cheapest vehicle in terms of cost per mile i
>> ever owned was one of the least reliable POS I ever owned - a 1981
>> Plymouth Reliant. It got good gas mileage, everything that failed was
>> covered by the warranty, and when I dumped it after 11 months, the tade
>> in was almost the same as the original purchase price (remember this was
>> 1980/81 when prices increased over 10% in less than a year). Heck even
>> the constantly broken British cars I owned were cheap to own since I
>> drove them for a couple of years and sold them for almost (or in two
>> cases) more than I bought them for. The parts were cheap, and my spare
>> time was free.
>>
>> Ed
>>

>
> When you have a few that are rather unreliable, it skews the equation, in
> my mind.
>
> If you want cheap transportation, a billion Chinese cant be wrong.
>
> I always wanted a Mercedes gullwing, or a Ferrari.. Thanks be to God
> that I was never afflicted by one of them.


I have this coworker that says if I want to 'get the chicks', I should get a
Beemer. Why? I could get a 1957 BMW, they called them Isetta as in I
setta, you don't. . . . . I would like to drive a Model T just once to say
I actually did it, though.

Charles Grozny

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 06:23 pm   #7 (permalink)
Scott Dorsey
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG

CharlesGrozny <n5hsr@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>I have this coworker that says if I want to 'get the chicks', I should get a
>Beemer. Why? I could get a 1957 BMW, they called them Isetta as in I
>setta, you don't. . . . . I would like to drive a Model T just once to say
>I actually did it, though.


The Isetta is not exactly practical transportation, but a 2002 is, and
the 2002s can be found for a couple thousand dollars in decent but not
restored condition. They are fun to drive, and people wave at you on
the street. And yes, girls will come up and ask to ride in your car.

You should drive a Model T once in your life so you realize how bad it
is, and you should drive a Model A once in your life so you realize how
much better than a Model T it is. But if you want practical transportation
that is fun to drive and easy to repair and makes women come after you,
buy the BMW 2002.

But don't get one with a Solex carb if you can help it.
--scott
--
"C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."
  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 06:37 pm   #8 (permalink)
Vic Smith
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG

On 27 Jul 2010 19:23:39 -0400, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

>CharlesGrozny <n5hsr@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>I have this coworker that says if I want to 'get the chicks', I should get a
>>Beemer. Why? I could get a 1957 BMW, they called them Isetta as in I
>>setta, you don't. . . . . I would like to drive a Model T just once to say
>>I actually did it, though.

>
>The Isetta is not exactly practical transportation, but a 2002 is, and
>the 2002s can be found for a couple thousand dollars in decent but not
>restored condition. They are fun to drive, and people wave at you on
>the street. And yes, girls will come up and ask to ride in your car.
>


Ugly girls that match the looks of that car?
Damn, that thing deserves some ugly mama jokes all for itself.
Sorry. I'd be a virgin if I needed that to score chicks.

Charles, just get a get an ugly little dog that farts a lot and walk
it around near your Vette or Ferrari.
That'll score more chicks and cost less.

--Vic

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 06:48 pm   #9 (permalink)
CharlesGrozny
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG


"Scott Dorsey" <kludge@panix.com> wrote in message
news:i2nppr$4ai$1@panix2.panix.com...
> CharlesGrozny <n5hsr@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>I have this coworker that says if I want to 'get the chicks', I should get
>>a
>>Beemer. Why? I could get a 1957 BMW, they called them Isetta as in I
>>setta, you don't. . . . . I would like to drive a Model T just once to
>>say
>>I actually did it, though.

>
> The Isetta is not exactly practical transportation, but a 2002 is, and
> the 2002s can be found for a couple thousand dollars in decent but not
> restored condition. They are fun to drive, and people wave at you on
> the street. And yes, girls will come up and ask to ride in your car.
>
> You should drive a Model T once in your life so you realize how bad it
> is, and you should drive a Model A once in your life so you realize how
> much better than a Model T it is. But if you want practical
> transportation
> that is fun to drive and easy to repair and makes women come after you,
> buy the BMW 2002.
>
> But don't get one with a Solex carb if you can help it.
> --scott
> --
> "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."


Yep, and if I wanted that kind of girl, I'd buy a Beemer. Me, I want
something that is a little less expensive to buy and keep on the road. I
drive Corollas.

Charles Grozny

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jul 2010, 07:01 pm   #10 (permalink)
CharlesGrozny
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2011 Explorer to drive momentum. EcoBoost gets Camry MPG


"Vic Smith" <thismailautodeleted@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:koqu46paqe01nefscdjp4fo7sgn0uhu7vv@4ax.com...
> On 27 Jul 2010 19:23:39 -0400, kludge@panix.com (Scott Dorsey) wrote:
>
>>CharlesGrozny <n5hsr@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>I have this coworker that says if I want to 'get the chicks', I should
>>>get a
>>>Beemer. Why? I could get a 1957 BMW, they called them Isetta as in I
>>>setta, you don't. . . . . I would like to drive a Model T just once to
>>>say
>>>I actually did it, though.

>>
>>The Isetta is not exactly practical transportation, but a 2002 is, and
>>the 2002s can be found for a couple thousand dollars in decent but not
>>restored condition. They are fun to drive, and people wave at you on
>>the street. And yes, girls will come up and ask to ride in your car.
>>

>
> Ugly girls that match the looks of that car?
> Damn, that thing deserves some ugly mama jokes all for itself.
> Sorry. I'd be a virgin if I needed that to score chicks.
>
> Charles, just get a get an ugly little dog that farts a lot and walk
> it around near your Vette or Ferrari.
> That'll score more chicks and cost less.
>
> --Vic
>


Neither have nor want a Vette or a Ferrari. At 52, I still probably can't
afford the insurance. And I've been with the insurance company long enough
that I get some DEEP discounts.

I had a dog, but with my work schedule, I can't keep a pet anymore. I'm
allergic to cats.

I drive Corollas. If I wanted a vintage car, I'd get a 64 Monza
convertible, turbocharged, 4 on the floor. Or a 1926 Bentley marked UW
4887.

Charles Grozny



  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.