Engine Diagrams and Front End Height

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Oct 2011, 11:21 am   #1 (permalink)
BeeJ
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Engine Diagrams and Front End Height

2004 Camry LE V6

1) Where on line can I find an exploded view of the engine?


2) The front end has dropped an inch or more since new.
The shocks seem to rebound OK. Tire pressure correct.
So what is going on?


  Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2011, 08:20 pm   #2 (permalink)
JRE
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Engine Diagrams and Front End Height

BeeJ wrote:
> 2004 Camry LE V6
>
> 1) Where on line can I find an exploded view of the engine?
>
>
> 2) The front end has dropped an inch or more since new.
> The shocks seem to rebound OK. Tire pressure correct.
> So what is going on?
>
>


1) Try Google for a service manual?

2) Broken springs? They are surprisingly common, and easy to check.

Good luck...

--
JRE
  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2011, 01:41 pm   #3 (permalink)
micky
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Engine Diagrams and Front End Height

On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:20:11 -0400, JRE <nothing@nowhere.invalid>
wrote:

>BeeJ wrote:
>> 2004 Camry LE V6
>>
>> 1) Where on line can I find an exploded view of the engine?
>>
>>
>> 2) The front end has dropped an inch or more since new.
>> The shocks seem to rebound OK. Tire pressure correct.
>> So what is going on?
>>
>>

>
>1) Try Google for a service manual?
>
>2) Broken springs? They are surprisingly common, and easy to check.


Surprisingly common on Toyotas,
" " on Toyotas of 2004 or on recent ones.

Or just surpisingly common on cars in general?
>
>Good luck...


  Reply With Quote
Old 18 Oct 2011, 09:31 pm   #4 (permalink)
JRE
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Engine Diagrams and Front End Height

micky wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:20:11 -0400, JRE<nothing@nowhere.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>> BeeJ wrote:

<snip>
>> 2) Broken springs? They are surprisingly common, and easy to check.

>
> Surprisingly common on Toyotas,
> " " on Toyotas of 2004 or on recent ones.
>
> Or just surpisingly common on cars in general?


I have no clue whether Toyotas break springs more or less than other
cars or whether Toyotas made in different years have springs that break
more than those made in other years. I have never seen a broken spring
on a Toyota but that does not mean much since I have now worked on
exactly one of them. (I have worked on Nissan, Honda, Subaru, BMW,
Mazda, GM, MGs, Fiats--never again!--and others, but this is my first
Toyota.)

I could have worded that better; by "surprisingly common" I don't mean
that everyone should rush out and check their springs. Until I saw my
first broken one I thought they *never* broke, but after replacing three
of them on cars we have owned over the years I look there first if there
is any doubt about the ride height. I was really taken aback when I saw
that both front springs were broken on one car that otherwise seemed fine.

In any case, it's still cheap and easy to check.

--
JRE
  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:29 am   #5 (permalink)
micky
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Engine Diagrams and Front End Height

On Tue, 18 Oct 2011 21:31:44 -0400, JRE <nothing@nowhere.invalid>
wrote:

>micky wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:20:11 -0400, JRE<nothing@nowhere.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> BeeJ wrote:

><snip>
>>> 2) Broken springs? They are surprisingly common, and easy to check.

>>
>> Surprisingly common on Toyotas,
>> " " on Toyotas of 2004 or on recent ones.
>>
>> Or just surpisingly common on cars in general?

>
>I have no clue whether Toyotas break springs more or less than other
>cars or whether Toyotas made in different years have springs that break
>more than those made in other years. I have never seen a broken spring
>on a Toyota but that does not mean much since I have now worked on
>exactly one of them. (I have worked on Nissan, Honda, Subaru, BMW,
>Mazda, GM, MGs, Fiats--never again!--and others, but this is my first
>Toyota.)
>
>I could have worded that better; by "surprisingly common" I don't mean
>that everyone should rush out and check their springs. Until I saw my
>first broken one I thought they *never* broke, but after replacing three
>of them on cars we have owned over the years I look there first if there
>is any doubt about the ride height. I was really taken aback when I saw
>that both front springs were broken on one car that otherwise seemed fine.


That would amaze me too.

>In any case, it's still cheap and easy to check.


Cars in general. Thanks.


As an aside, the state inspector made me replace 2 spring, front
springs maybe, I don't remember, although the car had coil springs in
the rear too. They weren't broken, just saggin, and the car was too
low to pass inspection (by him) and when it was done, I diddn't notice
any difference in the ride.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2011, 12:30 am   #6 (permalink)
micky
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Engine Diagrams and Front End Height

On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:29:36 -0400, micky <NONONOmisc07@bigfoot.com>
wrote:

>
>
>As an aside, the state inspector made me replace 2 spring, front
>springs maybe, I don't remember, although the car had coil springs in


Not a Toyota fwiw. I don't remember what it was.

>the rear too. They weren't broken, just saggin, and the car was too
>low to pass inspection (by him) and when it was done, I diddn't notice
>any difference in the ride.


  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Oct 2011, 10:36 am   #7 (permalink)
hls
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Engine Diagrams and Front End Height


"JRE" <nothing@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
news:j7l9a2$f15$1@dont-email.me...
> micky wrote:
>> On Sat, 15 Oct 2011 20:20:11 -0400, JRE<nothing@nowhere.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> BeeJ wrote:

> <snip>
>>> 2) Broken springs? They are surprisingly common, and easy to check.

>>



Ive seldom seen broken springs (on cars in general) but
I have often seen them sag with age. You can take them
to a spring shop and see if they can resize them, or just
buy new ones. Note that some cars have a number of
different spring choices for the same year and model, so
replace both sides with equivalent springs.

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.