Cost Of Balancing Tires

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2011, 03:51 pm   #1 (permalink)
MLD
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Cost Of Balancing Tires

I just paid $79.99 to have 4 wheels balanced (Avalon). I did see a Dealer
special a while ago (since expired) for a price of $69.99. Haven't done
this in quite a while and recall it being much less costly.
Just curious--is this the going rate everywhere else? My location is in the
Boston area.
How about tire rotation--what does that cost run?
MLD

  Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2011, 04:45 pm   #2 (permalink)
Mr. Austerity
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Cost Of Balancing Tires

MLD wrote:
> I just paid $79.99 to have 4 wheels balanced (Avalon). I did see a
> Dealer special a while ago (since expired) for a price of $69.99.
> Haven't done this in quite a while and recall it being much less costly.
> Just curious--is this the going rate everywhere else? My location is in
> the Boston area.
> How about tire rotation--what does that cost run?
> MLD


Tires and suspension are rocket science now days,
Trying to pay the loan on this machine is like paying off a med school
student loan.....
http://www.hunter.com/balancer/roadforce/index.cfm#
Tire rotation, 2.50 each is what wally world says.


  Reply With Quote
Old 09 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm   #3 (permalink)
Green Eggs & NoSpam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Cost Of Balancing Tires


"MLD" <MLD@verizon.net> wrote in message news:jbrbgs$3et$1@dont-email.me...
> I just paid $79.99 to have 4 wheels balanced (Avalon). I did see a Dealer
> special a while ago (since expired) for a price of $69.99. Haven't done
> this in quite a while and recall it being much less costly.
> Just curious--is this the going rate everywhere else? My location is in
> the Boston area.
> How about tire rotation--what does that cost run?
> MLD

Places like Discount Tire and Les Schwab will rotate your tires free even if
you did not buy them there. Balancing will cost if you didn't buy them from
that company, but probably less than at a dealer.

--

.................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
"I don't remember any of that. I've been defragging my hard drive and got
rid of all those lost clusters."


  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Dec 2011, 03:00 pm   #4 (permalink)
Wes
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Cost Of Balancing Tires

On Dec 9, 11:16*pm, "Green Eggs & NoSpam" <justaskmefo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> "MLD" <M...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:jbrbgs$3et$1@dont-email.me....
> > I just paid $79.99 to have 4 wheels balanced (Avalon). *I did see a Dealer
> > special a while ago (since expired) for a price of $69.99. *Haven't done
> > this in quite a while and recall it being much less costly.
> > Just curious--is this the going rate everywhere else? My location is in
> > the Boston area.
> > How about tire rotation--what does that cost run?
> > MLD

>
> Places like Discount Tire and Les Schwab will rotate your tires free evenif
> you did not buy them there. Balancing will cost if you didn't buy them from
> that company, but probably less than at a dealer.
>
> --
>
> .................................................. .................................................. ...........................................
> "I don't remember any of that. I've been defragging my hard drive and got
> rid of all those lost clusters."


I purchase my tires at Costco at discount prices. Balancing is free
for life of the tire.
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.