Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2003, 03:35 pm   #1 (permalink)
Car Guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires they
recommend?

My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of the
magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!

I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy, they
could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any attachments,
please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail address.
I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment delivery.

Regards,

Car Guy


  Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2003, 04:34 pm   #2 (permalink)
B. Newman
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

I HAVE IT! I'll send it scanned!

"Car Guy" <nothing@something.com> wrote in message
news:Gcijb.1630$F31.257607@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires they
> recommend?
>
> My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of

the
> magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!
>
> I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy, they
> could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any

attachments,
> please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail

address.
> I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment delivery.
>
> Regards,
>
> Car Guy
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2003, 04:49 pm   #3 (permalink)
B. Newman
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

I sent it. Lemme know if you got it!

"B. Newman" <bernardnewman@comcast.net> wrote in message
news3jjb.476569$2x.193772@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att. net...
> I HAVE IT! I'll send it scanned!
>
> "Car Guy" <nothing@something.com> wrote in message
> news:Gcijb.1630$F31.257607@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> > Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires

they
> > recommend?
> >
> > My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of

> the
> > magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!
> >
> > I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy, they
> > could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any

> attachments,
> > please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail

> address.
> > I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment delivery.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Car Guy
> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2003, 04:59 pm   #4 (permalink)
Car Guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

not yet. But send it to my alternate email address I emailed you
azizm@sympatico.ca
"B. Newman" <bernardnewman@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:Ghjjb.140465$%h1.140204@sccrnsc02...
> I sent it. Lemme know if you got it!
>
> "B. Newman" <bernardnewman@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news3jjb.476569$2x.193772@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att. net...
> > I HAVE IT! I'll send it scanned!
> >
> > "Car Guy" <nothing@something.com> wrote in message
> > news:Gcijb.1630$F31.257607@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> > > Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires

> they
> > > recommend?
> > >
> > > My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton

of
> > the
> > > magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!
> > >
> > > I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy,

they
> > > could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any

> > attachments,
> > > please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail

> > address.
> > > I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment

delivery.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Car Guy
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 15 Oct 2003, 05:03 pm   #5 (permalink)
Mark Klebanoff
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

Depends-- you looking for high performance all season or
max-performance (non-snow) tires? Most Lexi use the former, but the
IS300 usually comes from the factory with the latter.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:35:54 UTC, "Car Guy" <nothing@something.com>
wrote:

> Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires they
> recommend?
>
> My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of the
> magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!
>
> I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy, they
> could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any attachments,
> please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail address.
> I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment delivery.
>
> Regards,
>
> Car Guy
>
>



--

  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2003, 12:11 am   #6 (permalink)
Joseph Oberlander
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

Car Guy wrote:

> Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires they
> recommend?
>
> My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of the
> magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!


It depends upon your vehicle type and intended use. For cars, Michellin makes
the best overall normal tires(ie - not racing or high-speed). For trucks,
BF Goodrich is in the top 3. It's pretty hard to beat the all-terrain T/A
for reliability and decent off-road results.

  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:04 am   #7 (permalink)
DonB
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

"Car Guy" <nothing@something.com> wrote in message news:<Gcijb.1630$F31.257607@news20.bellglobal.com> ...
> Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires they
> recommend?
>
> My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of the
> magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!
>
> I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy, they
> could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any attachments,
> please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail address.
> I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment delivery.
>
> Regards,
>
> Car Guy


I didn't read any of the other responses but have a suggestion. Sign
up at Consumerreports.org for an online subscription. That what i
have. You have access to the current month issue and tons of previous
stuff.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2003, 10:46 am   #8 (permalink)
Car Guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

I have obtained the review. Thanks to those who replied and assisted me.

"Car Guy" <nothing@something.com> wrote in message
news:Gcijb.1630$F31.257607@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires they
> recommend?
>
> My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton of

the
> magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!
>
> I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy, they
> could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any

attachments,
> please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail

address.
> I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment delivery.
>
> Regards,
>
> Car Guy
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2003, 08:57 pm   #9 (permalink)
hlee
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

Can I get a copy too? My email is leftylee@hotmail.com! Thanks!

"B. Newman" <bernardnewman@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:Ghjjb.140465$%h1.140204@sccrnsc02...
> I sent it. Lemme know if you got it!
>
> "B. Newman" <bernardnewman@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news3jjb.476569$2x.193772@rwcrnsc52.ops.asp.att. net...
> > I HAVE IT! I'll send it scanned!
> >
> > "Car Guy" <nothing@something.com> wrote in message
> > news:Gcijb.1630$F31.257607@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> > > Does anyone have a copy of this magazine and could tell me what tires

> they
> > > recommend?
> > >
> > > My local library has people rip the pages out and leave the skeleton

of
> > the
> > > magazine at the shelves. I went to the bookstore and it was sold out!
> > >
> > > I can try another library, etc. but figured if someone had a copy,

they
> > > could send me the info to ac222@hotmail.com. If they have any

> > attachments,
> > > please email me to tell me BEFORE sending attachments to my hotmail

> > address.
> > > I will be happy to provide an alternate address for attachment

delivery.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Car Guy
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2003, 09:20 pm   #10 (permalink)
Mark A
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Consumer Reports November 2003 Tire Report

"hlee" <leftylee@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:z5Ijb.8910$cT6.457928@news20.bellglobal.com.. .
> Can I get a copy too? My email is leftylee@hotmail.com! Thanks!
>

Isn't that a copyright violation?


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.