How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 2003, 03:23 pm   #1 (permalink)
Mjj12
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default How to complain against a Toyota body shop?



Recently, I bought a new Toyota Camry LE 2003. The car
had a small paint chip on the front hood. I purchased with
the agreement that the paint chip would be fixed by the body
shop at the same Toyota dealership. The problem is that
the body shop did a sloppy work although it assured me
that it would follow all quality procedures. They even had a glossy
brochure that promised monitoring for quality.

After I picked up the car I noticed sloppy oversprays around the
edge of the hood, small pieces of trash painted in,
one of the headlights and the bumper below were painted
by mistake and showed sloppy attempts to clean it up.
The same body shop wants to make the repairs. But I said no.
They tried to dump their sloppy work on me thinking that I would
not notice.

I want to fix this mess at another Toyota body shop and
have the original body shop to pay for it. I already filed
complaints with the local Better Bussines Bureau,
state division of consumer services, Federal Trade
Commision for false advertising. I also called the
800 number for customer service at Toyota corporate offices.
However, they do not have any formal complaint process and just
take the complaints informally over the phone. I understand that
the Toyota dealerships are owned independently, but they
use the Toyota name, Toyota certifications and they must
live to Toyota's quality standards.

Does Toyota have any office to deal with a body shop that does
not follow quality standards and practices false advertising in its
brochures given to potential customers??




  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 07:10 pm   #2 (permalink)
mark Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

Gee Id hate to have you for a customer, you are pain in the ass. They
offered to fix it instead you go on a complaining spree, you are not
very smart. By the way genious the BBB could care less of your rant.
Well now that youve waisted all that time and pissed off your nice
dealer really bad either you go back to him hiding your ugly face .
Or waiste some more time. Oh false advertising, what kind of idiot
are you. So they screwed up. they are offering to fix it , RIGHT. But
now if you bring it back to the dealer you call a fraud. Well , if I
was him , Id be sure to fix you.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 07:21 pm   #3 (permalink)
Wolfgang
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

Why not give them another chance --- explain to body shop manager what they
did wrong -- that it is new car and you expect it to look new. I'd mention
it to the new car sales manager or owner too. Take some pictures before and
after. Doubt you'll have much luck getting them to pay to have it doen again
at another shop.


  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:05 pm   #4 (permalink)
MDT Tech®
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

Mjj12 wrote:
>
> Does Toyota have any office to deal with a body shop that does
> not follow quality standards and practices false advertising in its
> brochures given to potential customers??
>
>

This is an independent store, talk to the stores general manager or owner.




  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 08:52 pm   #5 (permalink)
Mjj12
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:10:23 -0600 (CST), ransley@webtv.net (mark
Ransley) wrote:

>Gee Id hate to have you for a customer, you are pain in the ass. They
>offered to fix it instead you go on a complaining spree, you are not
>very smart. By the way genious the BBB could care less of your rant.
>Well now that youve waisted all that time and pissed off your nice
>dealer really bad either you go back to him hiding your ugly face .
>Or waiste some more time. Oh false advertising, what kind of idiot
>are you. So they screwed up. they are offering to fix it , RIGHT. But
>now if you bring it back to the dealer you call a fraud. Well , if I
>was him , Id be sure to fix you.
>


Keep in mind that:
1. They had a customer service rep assigned to the job.
He was required to inspect the car after the job. But he
just dumped the car with new defects on me. I asked at
another reputable Toyota body shop and they told me there
was no way a customer service rep with any degree of
experience could not notice that. Simply put, the original
body shop just wanted to dump crap on me.
2. I talked to so called manager. The guy does not have
any credibility as a manager and he is a total failure as
a manager. His written brochure promises something that does
not exist. He did not show any signs of dismay at the sloppy
job, His employees do whatever they want to screw up
the customer. This is a dysfunctinal organization. You do not
give another chance to such an organziation. Its structure is
totally broken.
3. The manager offered to "fix" the work but I verified what he
told me at another reputable Toyota body shop. He basically
offered me to improve the cosmetics and not provide quality
fixes. I am afraid that he will make more damages to the car.
The customer service rep at another body shop noticed just after
a few seconds pieces of trash painted in, an outline of the
original paint chip that proved that only a quicky thin paint
job was applied, places with uneven paint, etc, in addition to
the most visible defects like rough and clumsy oversprays
and clumsy attempts to clean it up before dumping them on me.
The so called manager at the original body shop pretended not
to see all the signs of incompetent work proving that he just
wanted to dump another sloppy job on me.
I cannot give the car back to the same body shop. It would
be an insult to any common sense.






  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2003, 10:34 pm   #6 (permalink)
Mjj12
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:21:57 -0500, "Wolfgang"
<NOwolfgangdieterSPAM@cox.net> wrote:

>Why not give them another chance --- explain to body shop manager what they
>did wrong -- that it is new car and you expect it to look new. I'd mention
>it to the new car sales manager or owner too. Take some pictures before and
>after. Doubt you'll have much luck getting them to pay to have it doen again
>at another shop.
>


I talked to the so called manager and so called service director at
the dealership. I sent them the pictures too. Although they offered
to "fix" the defects, they had no clue
about quality work. Their answers showed they just want to dump
another crappy work on me. I tried to contact the owner many
times but this SOB never answers my calls or faxes.



  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 05:53 am   #7 (permalink)
mark Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

You have no legal rights, since he offered to fix it for you. You have
little experience. There is no faud there, let them fix it and go on
with life. Quit being so difficult.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 08:53 am   #8 (permalink)
Daniel M. Dreifus
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

Mjj12@noname.com (Mjj12) wrote in message news:<3fb048a7.120422546@news2.news.adelphia.net>. ..

> I cannot give the car back to the same body shop. It would
> be an insult to any common sense.


Some people are simply incapable of doing quality work -- even if
they're trying.
I've often taken heart by recognizing that these people have to live
with themselves though you're just involved with them temporarily.
If all you say is true, they've taken a simple paint chip, and turned
it into something far worse.
It seems clear to me, that they're not going to pay for you to go
somewhere else for body work, and you can't go back there.
The new car is a major investment.
Just take it elsewhere and be glad you discovered the true natture of
that dealer with something simple like a paint chip.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 09:11 am   #9 (permalink)
Bruce L. Bergman
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

On Tue, 11 Nov 2003 04:34:46 GMT, someone who calls themselves
Mjj12@noname.com (Mjj12) wrote:

>On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:21:57 -0500, "Wolfgang"
><NOwolfgangdieterSPAM@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>Why not give them another chance --- explain to body shop manager what they
>>did wrong -- that it is new car and you expect it to look new. I'd mention
>>it to the new car sales manager or owner too. Take some pictures before and
>>after. Doubt you'll have much luck getting them to pay to have it doen again
>>at another shop.
>>

>
> I talked to the so called manager and so called service director at
> the dealership. I sent them the pictures too. Although they offered
>to "fix" the defects, they had no clue
> about quality work. Their answers showed they just want to dump
> another crappy work on me. I tried to contact the owner many
> times but this SOB never answers my calls or faxes.


Call your local television station or newspaper's consumer reporter
or ombudsman, and let them call the owner. (The local version of
having a "60 Minutes" reporter and camera crew show up on their
doorstep.)

Or pay a few bucks for a consultation and let a local lawyer send
him a polite "I've been retained to solve this problem - we can do it
the nice way, or the not nice way, your choice...?" letter. One of
those two methods will get their attention, and maybe some action.

--<< Bruce >>--
--
Bruce L. Bergman, POB 394, Woodland Hills CA 91365, USA
Electrician, Westend Electric (#726700) Agoura, CA

WARNING: UCE Spam E-mail is not welcome here. I report violators.
SpamBlock In Use - Remove the "Python" with a "net" to E-Mail.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2003, 11:09 am   #10 (permalink)
Philip®
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How to complain against a Toyota body shop?

In news:11554-3FB0CDB2-594@storefull-2175.public.lawson.webtv.net,
mark Ransley <ransley@webtv.net> being of bellicose mind posted:
> You have no legal rights, since he offered to fix it for you. You
> have little experience. There is no faud there, let them fix it
> and go on with life. Quit being so difficult.


Hey.... ;-) Tell the guy to fix it himself with an aerosol can. The
experience will give him some perspective. LOL
--

~~Philip "Never let school interfere
with your education - Mark Twain"




  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.