1994 Camry - Cruise Control Issue

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Apr 2004, 10:01 am   #1 (permalink)
Earl Gately
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 1994 Camry - Cruise Control Issue

Setting the cruise control on my 1994 Toyota Camry, it works fine. The speed
is maintained as it should be. But if I start to climb a hill and the car
should shift to a lower gear, or if the rpm's should go over 3k, the cruise
control cuts out and the light on the dash blinks 5 times. When I turn off
the ignition and turn it back on, it resets the system and I have my cruise
control back.

I read somewhere that this is something only the dealer can fix. Any other
advise than this?


  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2004, 05:23 pm   #2 (permalink)
IceMan
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1994 Camry - Cruise Control Issue

V6 or 4 Cyl?

"Earl Gately" <egately@verizon.new> wrote in message
news:1Lwgc.19228$G_.17203@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> Setting the cruise control on my 1994 Toyota Camry, it works fine. The

speed
> is maintained as it should be. But if I start to climb a hill and the car
> should shift to a lower gear, or if the rpm's should go over 3k, the

cruise
> control cuts out and the light on the dash blinks 5 times. When I turn off
> the ignition and turn it back on, it resets the system and I have my

cruise
> control back.
>
> I read somewhere that this is something only the dealer can fix. Any other
> advise than this?
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2004, 01:19 pm   #3 (permalink)
Earl Gately
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1994 Camry - Cruise Control Issue

4 Cylindar. Rebuilt engine, but this problem was here long before the engine
was replaced.

"IceMan" <badmineral@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:GjYgc.759$_o3.14477@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> V6 or 4 Cyl?
>
> "Earl Gately" <egately@verizon.new> wrote in message
> news:1Lwgc.19228$G_.17203@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> > Setting the cruise control on my 1994 Toyota Camry, it works fine. The

> speed
> > is maintained as it should be. But if I start to climb a hill and the

car
> > should shift to a lower gear, or if the rpm's should go over 3k, the

> cruise
> > control cuts out and the light on the dash blinks 5 times. When I turn

off
> > the ignition and turn it back on, it resets the system and I have my

> cruise
> > control back.
> >
> > I read somewhere that this is something only the dealer can fix. Any

other
> > advise than this?
> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Apr 2004, 05:12 pm   #4 (permalink)
Daniel M. Dreifus
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1994 Camry - Cruise Control Issue

"Earl Gately" <egately@verizon.new> wrote in message news:<1Lwgc.19228$G_.17203@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>.. .
> Setting the cruise control on my 1994 Toyota Camry, it works fine. The speed
> is maintained as it should be. But if I start to climb a hill and the car
> should shift to a lower gear, or if the rpm's should go over 3k, the cruise
> control cuts out and the light on the dash blinks 5 times.


If the problem is electronic, you'll probably need to replace the unit
to get it working again. Could be expensive. Wrecking yard might
provide alternate.
If it were me, I would first remove the plastic cover over the cruise
control actuator under the hood (it's in front, near the battery) and
check for any binding in the linkages. Perhaps the control unit is
working and it just shuts off and registers an error code if the
linkage does not operate smoothly. Easy enough to check.
  Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2004, 07:24 am   #5 (permalink)
IceMan
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1994 Camry - Cruise Control Issue

Have you fixed you Cruise Control Issue? Hmm, 5 flashes, sounds like an
error code is recorded and its time to extract. I read ABS codes once, O/D,
SRS and Cruise had no codes but is was same procedure to fetch the codes.
There was an online article,... yes, its
http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic30121.htm .

To retrieve the Cruise Control codes, use the same diagnostic procedure that
you would use to read the normal ABS codes. Remove the short pin from DLC1
check connector and jump Tc to E1.


"Earl Gately" <egately@verizon.new> wrote in message
news:3Rdhc.24550$G_.11346@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> 4 Cylindar. Rebuilt engine, but this problem was here long before the

engine
> was replaced.
>
> "IceMan" <badmineral@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> news:GjYgc.759$_o3.14477@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > V6 or 4 Cyl?
> >
> > "Earl Gately" <egately@verizon.new> wrote in message
> > news:1Lwgc.19228$G_.17203@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> > > Setting the cruise control on my 1994 Toyota Camry, it works fine. The

> > speed
> > > is maintained as it should be. But if I start to climb a hill and the

> car
> > > should shift to a lower gear, or if the rpm's should go over 3k, the

> > cruise
> > > control cuts out and the light on the dash blinks 5 times. When I turn

> off
> > > the ignition and turn it back on, it resets the system and I have my

> > cruise
> > > control back.
> > >
> > > I read somewhere that this is something only the dealer can fix. Any

> other
> > > advise than this?
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2004, 10:41 pm   #6 (permalink)
Earl Gately
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1994 Camry - Cruise Control Issue

Thank you for the advise and the page point. I will let you know how it all
comes out when I have the time to check it out.
"IceMan" <badmineral@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
news:l_npc.62838$Ut1.1601649@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Have you fixed you Cruise Control Issue? Hmm, 5 flashes, sounds like an
> error code is recorded and its time to extract. I read ABS codes once,

O/D,
> SRS and Cruise had no codes but is was same procedure to fetch the codes.
> There was an online article,... yes, its
> http://www.babcox.com/editorial/ic/ic30121.htm .
>
> To retrieve the Cruise Control codes, use the same diagnostic procedure

that
> you would use to read the normal ABS codes. Remove the short pin from DLC1
> check connector and jump Tc to E1.
>
>
> "Earl Gately" <egately@verizon.new> wrote in message
> news:3Rdhc.24550$G_.11346@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> > 4 Cylindar. Rebuilt engine, but this problem was here long before the

> engine
> > was replaced.
> >
> > "IceMan" <badmineral@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
> > news:GjYgc.759$_o3.14477@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> > > V6 or 4 Cyl?
> > >
> > > "Earl Gately" <egately@verizon.new> wrote in message
> > > news:1Lwgc.19228$G_.17203@nwrddc02.gnilink.net...
> > > > Setting the cruise control on my 1994 Toyota Camry, it works fine.

The
> > > speed
> > > > is maintained as it should be. But if I start to climb a hill and

the
> > car
> > > > should shift to a lower gear, or if the rpm's should go over 3k, the
> > > cruise
> > > > control cuts out and the light on the dash blinks 5 times. When I

turn
> > off
> > > > the ignition and turn it back on, it resets the system and I have my
> > > cruise
> > > > control back.
> > > >
> > > > I read somewhere that this is something only the dealer can fix. Any

> > other
> > > > advise than this?
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > >

> >
> >

>
>



  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.