95 Camry - some lights out

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Oct 2004, 10:43 pm   #1 (permalink)
rd
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 95 Camry - some lights out

My Camry dashlights on the temperature selection dial, fan control and
airflow direction knob are all out. Everything else is fine. Are these wired
in series or someone got some suggestions?

RD


  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 02:58 am   #2 (permalink)
Shydog
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry - some lights out

I think they are all lit off the one buld, and the light is passed around
with plastic lenses.

  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 11:23 am   #3 (permalink)
Daniel M. Dreifus
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry - some lights out

"rd" <dosvader2061 NOSPAM @hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<10mp940fduakie8@corp.supernews.com>...
> My Camry dashlights on the temperature selection dial, fan control and
> airflow direction knob are all out. Everything else is fine.


Same here.
May not be what you want to hear, but I just learned to operate those
controls by touch, without looking at them.
If you notice, the knobs are different sizes, so you can differentiate
without taking your eyes off the road.
Then all you need to learn is the order of functions on the
directional airflow knob, but I rarely change those.
Air temperature and fan speed are fairly intuitive, so one doesn't
really need night illumination.
Just my $.02, but keeps me from taking the dash apart, for something I
don't really need.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 11:32 am   #4 (permalink)
RD
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry - some lights out

Lets just hope someone comes up with the solution!
RD

"Daniel M. Dreifus" <nospampls2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c5ef7dc0.0410130823.24dab98f@posting.google.c om...
> "rd" <dosvader2061 NOSPAM @hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:<10mp940fduakie8@corp.supernews.com>...
> > My Camry dashlights on the temperature selection dial, fan control and
> > airflow direction knob are all out. Everything else is fine.

>
> Same here.
> May not be what you want to hear, but I just learned to operate those
> controls by touch, without looking at them.
> If you notice, the knobs are different sizes, so you can differentiate
> without taking your eyes off the road.
> Then all you need to learn is the order of functions on the
> directional airflow knob, but I rarely change those.
> Air temperature and fan speed are fairly intuitive, so one doesn't
> really need night illumination.
> Just my $.02, but keeps me from taking the dash apart, for something I
> don't really need.



  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2004, 06:55 am   #5 (permalink)
Daniel M. Dreifus
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry - some lights out

"RD" <dosvader2061NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ckjlb5$u6h$1@tribune.usask.ca>...

> Lets just hope someone comes up with the solution!


Pull those knobs, remove that section of dash and replace the bulb.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2004, 06:57 am   #6 (permalink)
Daniel M. Dreifus
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry - some lights out

"RD" <dosvader2061NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<ckjlb5$u6h$1@tribune.usask.ca>...
> Lets just hope someone comes up with the solution!


Remove the "U" shaped radio surround by prying on the lower corners.
Remove the lower screws holding the dash, and those above the speedometer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2004, 09:13 am   #7 (permalink)
RD
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry - some lights out

So they are individual bulbs then? A friend thought they might be one bulb
fed by some fibre-optics.

RD

"Daniel M. Dreifus" <nospampls2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:c5ef7dc0.0410140357.6f4f1bc@posting.google.co m...
> "RD" <dosvader2061NOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:<ckjlb5$u6h$1@tribune.usask.ca>...
> > Lets just hope someone comes up with the solution!

>
> Remove the "U" shaped radio surround by prying on the lower corners.
> Remove the lower screws holding the dash, and those above the speedometer.



  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.