Antenna mast replacement

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Oct 2004, 03:55 pm   #1 (permalink)
William W. Plummer
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Antenna mast replacement

My original antenna got bent over. I bought a replacement mast which I
mounted it using a self-tapping screw to take up the space. The radio
works and this will last until I locate a replacement antenna at a
reasonable cost. The only problem is the antenna extension/retraction
motor seems to run for a long time (> 1 minute) after shutting off the
ignition switch and the radio. Is there a way to stop that or do I have
to rip apart the truck and disconnect a connector on the antenna?
Maybe a fuse that I can pull?
  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2004, 05:23 pm   #2 (permalink)
qslim
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Antenna mast replacement

Don't think there's a fuse just for the antenna. The only way I can think
of is to get inside the back part of the right front wheel well. You'll
find the connector there.

  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2004, 06:04 pm   #3 (permalink)
camry-keeper
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Antenna mast replacement

I just replaced mine for $35. The motor runs until it reaches a high
resistance (antenna all up or all down). Motor running means the nylon
toothed push/pull wire may be broken or not engaging with the motor
wheel's teeth. Search these posts for how-to - pretty easy - and if you
have to take the motor apart to remove broken nylon toothed wire, that's
not too hard either.

  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2004, 10:08 am   #4 (permalink)
William W. Plummer
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Antenna mast replacement

camry-keeper wrote:

> I just replaced mine for $35. The motor runs until it reaches a high
> resistance (antenna all up or all down). Motor running means the nylon
> toothed push/pull wire may be broken or not engaging with the motor
> wheel's teeth. Search these posts for how-to - pretty easy - and if you
> have to take the motor apart to remove broken nylon toothed wire, that's
> not too hard either.
>

Where did you buy the replacement mast?
  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2004, 01:52 pm   #5 (permalink)
NoSpamForMe
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Antenna mast replacement

"William W. Plummer" <William.Plummer-NOSPAM-@alum.mit.edu> wrote in message
news:GpLld.505339$mD.61396@attbi_s02...
> camry-keeper wrote:
>
>> I just replaced mine for $35. The motor runs until it reaches a high
>> resistance (antenna all up or all down). Motor running means the nylon
>> toothed push/pull wire may be broken or not engaging with the motor
>> wheel's teeth. Search these posts for how-to - pretty easy - and if you
>> have to take the motor apart to remove broken nylon toothed wire, that's
>> not too hard either.
>>

> Where did you buy the replacement mast?


When this happened to me, I got the replacement mast at the Toyota dealer's
parts counter. Seems like a pretty common item to require replacement due
to wear, vandalism, hitting something while it is extended, etc. The guy
knew just what I was looking for and had a bunch of them on the shelf.

Not sure if available as an "after-market" or OEM item....never seen 'em in
auto parts stores but that doesn't mean anything :-)



  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2004, 01:59 pm   #6 (permalink)
camry-keeper
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Antenna mast replacement

Here:
http://www.autopartsauthority.com/oe...~oemparts.html

Looks like prices went up a little bit...

  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2004, 09:13 pm   #7 (permalink)
NoSpamForMe
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Antenna mast replacement

"camry-keeper" <pwichert@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:744fd43b4806a4eb65e1b725402b95f2@localhost.ta lkaboutautos.com...
> Here:
> http://www.autopartsauthority.com/oe...~oemparts.html
>
> Looks like prices went up a little bit...
>


That looks like a good website.

Thanks for posting it.


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:39 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.