best all-round tires

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Oct 2004, 05:51 pm   #1 (permalink)
ROBERT RENNINGER
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default best all-round tires

I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with
during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem
alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation

thanks.


  Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2004, 08:56 pm   #2 (permalink)
Car Guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

I would recommend Michelin Harmony tires (S rated) assuming you don't drive
over 100 mph and in extreme heat. If you want something sportier, the
Michelin Energy MXV4 plus or Yokohama Avid H4s are good.


"ROBERT RENNINGER" <yodaman1@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:0Yygd.81$cA4.58@trnddc01...
>I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
>for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with
>during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem
>alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation
>
> thanks.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2004, 09:51 pm   #3 (permalink)
m Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

I had Michelin Rain Force and just put on Michelin Harmony, Harmony was
the Rain Force equivilant. I didnt have many miles on the old ones but
it now drives like a new car, got them yesterday. Michelin make great
tires. If you do regular driving stay with Harmony, they have the snow
traction you need.

  Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2004, 08:27 am   #4 (permalink)
ROBMURR
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

I got Harmony's on the front, very smooth
quiet and good in the rain, sorry no snow
experience with them.

Harmony®
A perfect balance.
Utilizing the latest technology to deliver impressive wet and snow traction,
ultra-long mileage and an impressive 80,000-mile limited warranty, the
Michelin® Harmony™ is designed for passenger car and minivan drivers who
value quality tires.


  Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2004, 08:31 am   #5 (permalink)
Glenn
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:51:56 GMT, "ROBERT RENNINGER"
<yodaman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
>for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with
>during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem
>alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation
>
>thanks.
>


Try tirerack for comparisons.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp
Under passenger all season, Goodyear assurance triple tred and
comfort tred at about 100 dollars each. I plan on replacing with
one or the other shortly.

Glenn
  Reply With Quote
Old 30 Oct 2004, 10:04 pm   #6 (permalink)
Jason James
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires


"ROBERT RENNINGER" <yodaman1@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:0Yygd.81$cA4.58@trnddc01...
> I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
> for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with
> during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem
> alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation
>
> thanks.


Simex S-800 are cheap, and a wide tire for their profile, at least in 14",
and have excellent grip in the wet. Compared to price equivalents eg
Hangkook (something got lost in the translation there!), they are eons in
front yet a similar price.

For passenger car use at posted road-speeds, I cant justify expensive tires.

Jason


  Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2004, 09:08 am   #7 (permalink)
Daniel M. Dreifus
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

"ROBERT RENNINGER" <yodaman1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<0Yygd.81$cA4.58@trnddc01>...
> I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
> for it .


Check Yokahama tires - generally good quality and performance - reasonably priced.
  Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2004, 12:21 pm   #8 (permalink)
Viperkiller
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:51:56 GMT, "ROBERT RENNINGER"
<yodaman1@verizon.net> wrote:

>I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
>for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with
>during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem
>alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation
>
>thanks.
>

You've received some good recommendations. Although, it's really
difficult to give you an answer without knowing your priorities. You
mentioned that you want it handles snow well. How long do you want it
to last? How well do you want it to handle? How quiet do you want it
to be? How well do you want it to ride? Grip compromises tread wear.
Good handling may sacrifice some noise and/or ride comfort. You want
it good in everything? That may cost a lot of money. How much are
you willing to pay? The point is again: it depends on what all you
want. You said best all-around but that's still somewhat nebulous.
Glenn suggested to check out tire rack. That's a great place to start
your research.

If you want a simple answer, my opinion would be the Bridgestone
Turanza LS-V (or LS-H). I bought these tires for one of my cars and
I'm a believer. And I'm typically a Michelin man.
  Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2004, 03:44 pm   #9 (permalink)
John
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

Costco carries the Michelin energy MXV4+ so that's what I got.
www.tirerack.com ranked the MXV4 better than the Harmony. I was
leaning towards the Yokohama AVID H4 looking at the ratings, but read
about higher wear rate and others problems with this tire. So I sprang
a few dollars more for the Michelin.




"Car Guy" <ac222@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<LJ6dnZDI-_YHeh_cRVn-rA@rogers.com>...
> I would recommend Michelin Harmony tires (S rated) assuming you don't drive
> over 100 mph and in extreme heat. If you want something sportier, the
> Michelin Energy MXV4 plus or Yokohama Avid H4s are good.
>
>
> "ROBERT RENNINGER" <yodaman1@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:0Yygd.81$cA4.58@trnddc01...
> >I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
> >for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with
> >during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem
> >alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation
> >
> > thanks.
> >

  Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2004, 09:00 pm   #10 (permalink)
rob renninger
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: best all-round tires

thanks for all the replies...you've given me alot of great suggestions...I
like to have it all. good traction plus a quiet ride. The last set of
michelins i had on a different car were awful noisy if i remember....BUT it
wasn't a Camery. Again...thanks
"Viperkiller" <nobody@nobody.com> wrote in message
news:tv6ao0l0pe75eb3gfrk2s96730vnt5de5s@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 21:51:56 GMT, "ROBERT RENNINGER"
> <yodaman1@verizon.net> wrote:
>
>>I have a Camery LEX ( 02) and I'm wondering what would be the best tires
>>for it . i live in Pa. and we have some hills and some snow to deal with
>>during the winter months. I have Michelin tires on now and they seem
>>alright but i was wondering if anyone had a good reccomendation
>>
>>thanks.
>>

> You've received some good recommendations. Although, it's really
> difficult to give you an answer without knowing your priorities. You
> mentioned that you want it handles snow well. How long do you want it
> to last? How well do you want it to handle? How quiet do you want it
> to be? How well do you want it to ride? Grip compromises tread wear.
> Good handling may sacrifice some noise and/or ride comfort. You want
> it good in everything? That may cost a lot of money. How much are
> you willing to pay? The point is again: it depends on what all you
> want. You said best all-around but that's still somewhat nebulous.
> Glenn suggested to check out tire rack. That's a great place to start
> your research.
>
> If you want a simple answer, my opinion would be the Bridgestone
> Turanza LS-V (or LS-H). I bought these tires for one of my cars and
> I'm a believer. And I'm typically a Michelin man.



  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:32 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.