Sensitivity on automatic headlights

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2004, 10:50 pm   #1 (permalink)
Allan Alton
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Sensitivity on automatic headlights

My 2000 Solara has the automatic headlight feature that turns them on when
it is dark. A sensor on the dash detects the amount of light. My problem is
that it takes about 10 seconds for the sensor to recognize it is dark when I
start the car at night. Does anyone know if the sensitivity can be adjusted
and how to do it?

Allan


  Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 11:38 pm   #2 (permalink)
doorsill
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Sensitivity on automatic headlights

Allan Alton wrote:
|| My 2000 Solara has the automatic headlight feature that turns them
|| on when it is dark. A sensor on the dash detects the amount of
|| light. My problem is that it takes about 10 seconds for the sensor
|| to recognize it is dark when I start the car at night. Does anyone
|| know if the sensitivity can be adjusted and how to do it?
||
|| Allan

I suspect that the factory sensitivity is set that way to avoid false
alarms. Be patient! It'll come on.



  Reply With Quote
Old 04 Nov 2004, 11:43 pm   #3 (permalink)
Allan
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Sensitivity on automatic headlights

My Sienna is much quicker at coming on. I'd be happy to get it to work that
way.



"doorsill" <doorsill@finny.com> wrote in message
news:SlEid.77564$df2.41985@edtnps89...
> Allan Alton wrote:
> || My 2000 Solara has the automatic headlight feature that turns them
> || on when it is dark. A sensor on the dash detects the amount of
> || light. My problem is that it takes about 10 seconds for the sensor
> || to recognize it is dark when I start the car at night. Does anyone
> || know if the sensitivity can be adjusted and how to do it?
> ||
> || Allan
>
> I suspect that the factory sensitivity is set that way to avoid false
> alarms. Be patient! It'll come on.
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 12:21 am   #4 (permalink)
Dick Byrd
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Sensitivity on automatic headlights

My 2000 Camry takes up to 30 seconds for the headlights to come on.. I'm
often driving down the highway before they finally come on. If you find a
cure, please let me know.
Dick

"Allan Alton" <notrequired@abcxyz.com> wrote in message
news:gEDid.77436$df2.9325@edtnps89...
> My 2000 Solara has the automatic headlight feature that turns them on when
> it is dark. A sensor on the dash detects the amount of light. My problem
> is that it takes about 10 seconds for the sensor to recognize it is dark
> when I start the car at night. Does anyone know if the sensitivity can be
> adjusted and how to do it?
>
> Allan
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 06:22 pm   #5 (permalink)
doorsill
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Sensitivity on automatic headlights

Allan wrote:
|| My Sienna is much quicker at coming on. I'd be happy to get it to
|| work that way.

Admittedly, my 99 Camry has a lag coming on if ambient light level is high,
e.g a lot of street lighting.


||
||
||
|| "doorsill" <doorsill@finny.com> wrote in message
|| news:SlEid.77564$df2.41985@edtnps89...
||| Allan Alton wrote:
||||| My 2000 Solara has the automatic headlight feature that turns them
||||| on when it is dark. A sensor on the dash detects the amount of
||||| light. My problem is that it takes about 10 seconds for the sensor
||||| to recognize it is dark when I start the car at night. Does anyone
||||| know if the sensitivity can be adjusted and how to do it?
|||||
||||| Allan
|||
||| I suspect that the factory sensitivity is set that way to avoid
||| false alarms. Be patient! It'll come on.


  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2004, 06:23 pm   #6 (permalink)
doorsill
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Sensitivity on automatic headlights

Dick Byrd wrote:
|| My 2000 Camry takes up to 30 seconds for the headlights to come on..
|| I'm often driving down the highway before they finally come on. If
|| you find a cure, please let me know.

Perhaps ensuring that the windshield, outside and inside, in the vicinity of
the sensor is perfectly clean? However, that could work in reverse, I
suppose.


|| Dick
||
|| "Allan Alton" <notrequired@abcxyz.com> wrote in message
|| news:gEDid.77436$df2.9325@edtnps89...
||| My 2000 Solara has the automatic headlight feature that turns them
||| on when it is dark. A sensor on the dash detects the amount of
||| light. My problem is that it takes about 10 seconds for the sensor
||| to recognize it is dark when I start the car at night. Does anyone
||| know if the sensitivity can be adjusted and how to do it?
|||
||| Allan


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.