Shock Sensor Camry LE 2000

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Nov 2004, 09:45 am   #1 (permalink)
skewe
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Shock Sensor Camry LE 2000

I was working on my car which I just bought. I noticed that it has a
shock sensor above the brake pedal. Does anybody know how to iniatiate
it? The LED does not blink and when I jump on the car with the alarm
on, it does not sound.

Part No: 00014-S0274
Looks like original Toyota Equip.

Picture attached.
www.golfballmall.com/camry/shock_sensor.jpg

Thanks in advance.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2004, 12:00 pm   #2 (permalink)
MUADIBŪ
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Shock Sensor Camry LE 2000

>I was working on my car which I just bought. I noticed that it has a
>shock sensor above the brake pedal. Does anybody know how to iniatiate
>it? The LED does not blink and when I jump on the car with the alarm
>on, it does not sound.


>Picture attached.
>www.golfballmall.com/camry/shock_sensor.jpg


Which LED are you talking about blinking???

the one on the sensor , or the one on th dash?

If the one on the dash is not blinking, different issue altogether.

If you are talking about the one on the sensor, be sure to check it by
tapping on it directly and seeing if it lights when jarred.

If not make sure it is connected to the alarm brain also.

The little adjusting screw on the snesor is a sensitivity adjustment
and may be turned completely down and may take a collision of the car
to set it off. ( some of us like that option, as we don't like the
neighborhood cats setting the alarm off all the time as the jump off a
roof onto our car) Adjust the screw with a plastic blade screwdiver
(if you can find one) while you tap on the sensor a little bit.
Plastic will not be able to induce magnetic interference or make the
magnet in the sensor deflect. If you use a metal screwdriver, make
sure you adjust a little then move the driver away to avoid
interference/deflection, then tap to see if the LED lights.

if the wiring is intact and the LED does not light, it is likely the
sensor is no good. or there is no power getting to it through the
alarm brain. both are a pain, but can be dealt with. the brain on your
car is visible in the picture you posted a link to. It is the black
plastic box, above and to the left of the sensor. It's anchored with a
blcak "zip-tie" and could be cut loose and accessed easily for further
trouble shooting.

Good luck


Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 12:06 pm   #3 (permalink)
skewe
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Shock Sensor Camry LE 2000

Thanks.
The LED that i refered to is the LED on the picture. It is not
blinking.
http://www.golfballmall.com/camry/shock_sensor.jpg

I have tried tapping it and it is not doing anything, meaning it is
not blinking, thus not gettnig any power.

I will have to try the alarm brain box which you mentioned. Does that
alarm brain box handle the car's main alarm? If it does, I am kind of
hesitant to play with it for I fear it might mess up the main car
alarm.

Thanks!

MUADIBŪ <SSTERRELL2YOURPANTIES@verizon.net> wrote in message news:<fdl1q0hltaae8dfmbiuiid2nrtub2dofi9@4ax.com>. ..
> >I was working on my car which I just bought. I noticed that it has a
> >shock sensor above the brake pedal. Does anybody know how to iniatiate
> >it? The LED does not blink and when I jump on the car with the alarm
> >on, it does not sound.

>
> >Picture attached.
> >www.golfballmall.com/camry/shock_sensor.jpg

>
> Which LED are you talking about blinking???
>
> the one on the sensor , or the one on th dash?
>
> If the one on the dash is not blinking, different issue altogether.
>
> If you are talking about the one on the sensor, be sure to check it by
> tapping on it directly and seeing if it lights when jarred.
>
> If not make sure it is connected to the alarm brain also.
>
> The little adjusting screw on the snesor is a sensitivity adjustment
> and may be turned completely down and may take a collision of the car
> to set it off. ( some of us like that option, as we don't like the
> neighborhood cats setting the alarm off all the time as the jump off a
> roof onto our car) Adjust the screw with a plastic blade screwdiver
> (if you can find one) while you tap on the sensor a little bit.
> Plastic will not be able to induce magnetic interference or make the
> magnet in the sensor deflect. If you use a metal screwdriver, make
> sure you adjust a little then move the driver away to avoid
> interference/deflection, then tap to see if the LED lights.
>
> if the wiring is intact and the LED does not light, it is likely the
> sensor is no good. or there is no power getting to it through the
> alarm brain. both are a pain, but can be dealt with. the brain on your
> car is visible in the picture you posted a link to. It is the black
> plastic box, above and to the left of the sensor. It's anchored with a
> blcak "zip-tie" and could be cut loose and accessed easily for further
> trouble shooting.
>
> Good luck
>
>
> Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
>
> MUADIBŪ
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html
>
> one small step for man,.....
> One giant leap for attorneys.

  Reply With Quote
Old 22 Nov 2004, 07:42 pm   #4 (permalink)
MUADIBŪ
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Shock Sensor Camry LE 2000

On 22 Nov 2004 10:06:42 -0800, skewe1970@yahoo.com (skewe) wrote:

>Thanks.
>The LED that i refered to is the LED on the picture. It is not
>blinking.
>http://www.golfballmall.com/camry/shock_sensor.jpg
>
>I will have to try the alarm brain box which you mentioned. Does that
>alarm brain box handle the car's main alarm? If it does, I am kind of
>hesitant to play with it for I fear it might mess up the main car
>alarm.


Ok,..............More info is better. It's time to see if the sensor
is getting the appropriate signals then.

The sensor you have, has four wires to it from the brain, and is
actually plugged into the side of the alarm brain. This is more than
likely unplugged. or, if there are other openings in the brain, it
could be plugged into the wrong one.

I am not sure of the typical Toyota Brain as I have not done anything
more than trace wires to/from the brain to other items, but many alarm
manufacturers mold the alarm info (wiring info) onto the housing and
may have some type of indicator that will show what plugs in where.
My Alarm brain has two such plugs on one side. I am unsure of what's
on the other side, as I am getting to be a bit stiff in my old age and
don;t enjoy getting in odd positions for very long..............at
least while just looking at the wires in my car............LOL

Anyway, if there is a simple thing that can be done, it will be either
plug the sensor in (proper location a must ) or replace the sensor
with one from a freinds car just to check. All you need to find is
another Toyota owner I suspect. These security systems are generally
POE pieces and are all the same for many models of Toyotas.

Let us know how it turns out.




Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIBŪ

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2004, 10:07 am   #5 (permalink)
skewe
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Shock Sensor Camry LE 2000

I have checked the cable that goes into the brain. It is well
connected.
If you refer to the picture,
http://www.golfballmall.com/camry/shock_sensor.jpg
there is a black cable with some wires within it going from the sensor
unit to the brain. It actually wraps around the brain then comes into
the brain box. If you look at the picture, there are 2 blue cables
(one on the sensor and one on the box), they are of the same
cable/wire. It is held together by a black zip tie.

I have also tried to adjust the knob on the top right hand side of the
sensor. I thought it might be a switch / shock sensitivity gauge
whereby you can turn it on off. That did not help. LED did not come
on.

I am going to unscrew the unit and try to replace it with another
unit.



MUADIBŪ <SSTERRELL2YOURPANTIES@verizon.net> wrote in message
>
> Ok,..............More info is better. It's time to see if the sensor
> is getting the appropriate signals then.
>
> The sensor you have, has four wires to it from the brain, and is
> actually plugged into the side of the alarm brain. This is more than
> likely unplugged. or, if there are other openings in the brain, it
> could be plugged into the wrong one.
>
> I am not sure of the typical Toyota Brain as I have not done anything
> more than trace wires to/from the brain to other items, but many alarm
> manufacturers mold the alarm info (wiring info) onto the housing and
> may have some type of indicator that will show what plugs in where.
> My Alarm brain has two such plugs on one side. I am unsure of what's
> on the other side, as I am getting to be a bit stiff in my old age and
> don;t enjoy getting in odd positions for very long..............at
> least while just looking at the wires in my car............LOL
>
> Anyway, if there is a simple thing that can be done, it will be either
> plug the sensor in (proper location a must ) or replace the sensor
> with one from a freinds car just to check. All you need to find is
> another Toyota owner I suspect. These security systems are generally
> POE pieces and are all the same for many models of Toyotas.
>
> Let us know how it turns out.
>
>
>
>
> Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply
>
> MUADIBŪ
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html
>
> one small step for man,.....
> One giant leap for attorneys.

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.