Fuel Savers

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Jan 2005, 11:48 am   #1 (permalink)
Camry_guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Fuel Savers

http://autorepair.about.com/cs/gener.../aa022203a.htm

http://www.motorup.com/cust_service/topten.html


  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2005, 12:50 pm   #2 (permalink)
Comboverfish
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

I put the magnets on my fuel line and got an extra 65 MPG city. Then I
put the Turbo Filter on and lost 70 MPG. I took off the magnets and
mileage improved again to a net of 50 MPG. Why do I lose 5 MPG with
both installed when I should clearly gain 115 MPG?
I don't know who to believe anymore...

Toyota MDT in MO

  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2005, 03:07 pm   #3 (permalink)
Camry_guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

No ;-)

If you look at the links... You see the irony in my subject.

"Comboverfish" <comboverfish@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:1104691848.002257.161100@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>I put the magnets on my fuel line and got an extra 65 MPG city. Then I
> put the Turbo Filter on and lost 70 MPG. I took off the magnets and
> mileage improved again to a net of 50 MPG. Why do I lose 5 MPG with
> both installed when I should clearly gain 115 MPG?
> I don't know who to believe anymore...
>
> Toyota MDT in MO
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2005, 05:56 pm   #4 (permalink)
Comboverfish
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

Ah yes, at least I see irony in the suggested reading links near the
bottom of the About.com article. Specifically "Sonic Spark Plugs" and
"The Tornado". Good post!

There's also irony, or maybe a just a pun, in "iron"y. You know, since
thats what cars are refered to in mass quantities sometimes. Or not...
Toyota MDT in MO

  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2005, 06:22 pm   #5 (permalink)
Camry_guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

So you are upset about him getting: Fuel milage increased by .8 miles per
gallon over the standard spark plugs. on the sonic plugs. This is to low
increase to say anything about the plugs...
And the Tornado gets compleatly trashed.
lol
The real focus is on the other stuff he writes ie tuning your enginge to get
better milage....

"Comboverfish" <comboverfish@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:1104710190.535203.31370@c13g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
> Ah yes, at least I see irony in the suggested reading links near the
> bottom of the About.com article. Specifically "Sonic Spark Plugs" and
> "The Tornado". Good post!
>
> There's also irony, or maybe a just a pun, in "iron"y. You know, since
> thats what cars are refered to in mass quantities sometimes. Or not...
> Toyota MDT in MO
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2005, 08:50 pm   #6 (permalink)
Comboverfish
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

You mean like "have your mechanic bump the timong one or two degrees."
Yeah, if two degrees is good, then certainly 10 would be better. I'll
have my mechanic (me) advance my timing, oh, say, 350 degrees for
maximum fuel economy. Of course that's quite easy to do on non
mechanically adjustable systems.


Those gas saver products are pretty sweet too. Now I want both the
'Lee Exhaust and Fuel Gasification EGR' and the 'SCATPAC Vacuum Vapor
Induction System' but I only have enough money for one.

Or should I get the 'Turbo-Carb'? If its anything like what Pontiac
implemented on their 301 carbureted turbo its gonna be bitchin!
Toyota MDT in MO

  Reply With Quote
Old 02 Jan 2005, 09:04 pm   #7 (permalink)
Comboverfish
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

You mean like "have your mechanic bump the timong one or two degrees."
Yeah, if two degrees is good, then certainly 10 would be better. I'll
have my mechanic (me) advance my timing, oh, say, 350 degrees for
maximum fuel economy. Of course that's quite easy to do on non
mechanically adjustable systems.


Those gas saver products are pretty sweet too. Now I want both the
'Lee Exhaust and Fuel Gasification EGR' and the 'SCATPAC Vacuum Vapor
Induction System' but I only have enough money for one.

Or should I get the 'Turbo-Carb'? If its anything like what Pontiac
implemented on their 301 carbureted turbo its gonna be bitchin!
Toyota MDT in MO

  Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2005, 12:26 am   #8 (permalink)
Viperkiller
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 21:07:27 GMT, "Camry_guy" <Camry_guy@telia.com>
wrote:

>No ;-)
>
>If you look at the links... You see the irony in my subject.
>

I don't think you mean "irony". I believe you mean sarcasm. Let me
try it:

"I used all of the fuel mileage strategies on the market. I saved so
much fuel that it's actually growing fuel in my gas tank now. It has
grown so much that it is now overflowing my gas cap. I'm driving down
the road with fuel dripping from the left side. It's now rusting
there. Anyone know how I can fix it?"
  Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2005, 06:43 am   #9 (permalink)
Camry_guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

"Comboverfish" <comboverfish@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:1104720595.644011.308950@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
> You mean like "have your mechanic bump the timong one or two degrees."
> Yeah, if two degrees is good, then certainly 10 would be better. I'll
> have my mechanic (me) advance my timing, oh, say, 350 degrees for
> maximum fuel economy. Of course that's quite easy to do on non
> mechanically adjustable systems.

You a mechanic... No way you don't even know what a tuning is ;-)
>
> Those gas saver products are pretty sweet too. Now I want both the
> 'Lee Exhaust and Fuel Gasification EGR' and the 'SCATPAC Vacuum Vapor
> Induction System' but I only have enough money for one.

Well if you like them - good for you :-)

> Or should I get the 'Turbo-Carb'? If its anything like what Pontiac
> implemented on their 301 carbureted turbo its gonna be bitchin!
> Toyota MDT in MO

I would not let you touch my car...


  Reply With Quote
Old 03 Jan 2005, 11:03 am   #10 (permalink)
Philip
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Fuel Savers

Camry_guy wrote:
> "Comboverfish" <comboverfish@yahoo.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:1104720595.644011.308950@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>> You mean like "have your mechanic bump the timong one or two
>> degrees." Yeah, if two degrees is good, then certainly 10 would be
>> better. I'll have my mechanic (me) advance my timing, oh, say, 350
>> degrees for maximum fuel economy. Of course that's quite easy to do
>> on non mechanically adjustable systems.

> You a mechanic... No way you don't even know what a tuning is ;-)
>>
>> Those gas saver products are pretty sweet too. Now I want both the
>> 'Lee Exhaust and Fuel Gasification EGR' and the 'SCATPAC Vacuum Vapor
>> Induction System' but I only have enough money for one.

> Well if you like them - good for you :-)
>
>> Or should I get the 'Turbo-Carb'? If its anything like what Pontiac
>> implemented on their 301 carbureted turbo its gonna be bitchin!
>> Toyota MDT in MO

> I would not let you touch my car...


MDT in MO is saying he's not convinced you have a car to touch. LOL


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.