Check Engine light on - VSV problem

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Feb 2005, 08:35 pm   #1 (permalink)
kk
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Check Engine light on - VSV problem

I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged 250 for a
new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?


  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2005, 09:51 pm   #2 (permalink)
hachiroku
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Check Engine light on - VSV problem

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:35:03 -0600, kk wrote:

> I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
> problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged 250 for a
> new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?


The part alone is about $137.00
  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Feb 2005, 11:32 pm   #3 (permalink)
debo_nair
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Check Engine light on - VSV problem


kk wrote:
> I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
> problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged

250 for a
> new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?



That price is ok. My VSV was also messed up last yr with an oxygen
sensor and I paid a total of $750.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2005, 01:16 am   #4 (permalink)
Viperkiller
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Check Engine light on - VSV problem

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:51:06 GMT, hachiroku <levin@ae86.gts> wrote:

>On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:35:03 -0600, kk wrote:
>
>> I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
>> problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged 250 for a
>> new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?

>
>The part alone is about $137.00


Wow!!! The last time I replaced it, it was only $35 at the dealer.
That was a few years ago though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Feb 2005, 08:54 pm   #5 (permalink)
hachiroku
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Check Engine light on - VSV problem

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 02:16:05 -0500, Viperkiller wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:51:06 GMT, hachiroku <levin@ae86.gts> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:35:03 -0600, kk wrote:
>>
>>> I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
>>> problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged 250 for a
>>> new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?

>>
>>The part alone is about $137.00

>
> Wow!!! The last time I replaced it, it was only $35 at the dealer.
> That was a few years ago though.


I'll have to check. There are a few of them in the car; the one I need for
my Supra is called a BVSV and runs $137....
  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Feb 2005, 09:19 pm   #6 (permalink)
kk
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Check Engine light on - VSV problem

Where is the VSV located in my 2000 Camry LE? Does anyone know it?

"debo_nair" <debo_nair@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1108099964.962134.292670@c13g2000cwb.googlegr oups.com...
>
> kk wrote:
> > I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
> > problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged

> 250 for a
> > new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?

>
>
> That price is ok. My VSV was also messed up last yr with an oxygen
> sensor and I paid a total of $750.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2005, 02:40 am   #7 (permalink)
Viperkiller
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Check Engine light on - VSV problem

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:54:43 GMT, hachiroku <levin@ae86.gts> wrote:

>On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 02:16:05 -0500, Viperkiller wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:51:06 GMT, hachiroku <levin@ae86.gts> wrote:
>>
>>>On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:35:03 -0600, kk wrote:
>>>
>>>> I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
>>>> problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged 250 for a
>>>> new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?
>>>
>>>The part alone is about $137.00

>>
>> Wow!!! The last time I replaced it, it was only $35 at the dealer.
>> That was a few years ago though.

>
>I'll have to check. There are a few of them in the car; the one I need for
>my Supra is called a BVSV and runs $137....


....and you have the 1987 model right? I had to replace the one on my
92 Turbo also. I'll check my local dealer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Feb 2005, 07:33 am   #8 (permalink)
hachiroku
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Check Engine light on - VSV problem

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 03:40:48 -0500, Viperkiller wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 02:54:43 GMT, hachiroku <levin@ae86.gts> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 02:16:05 -0500, Viperkiller wrote:
>>
>>> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 03:51:06 GMT, hachiroku <levin@ae86.gts> wrote:
>>>
>>>>On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 20:35:03 -0600, kk wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> I took my car to dealer and was told it was a VSV (valve assy. vacuu)
>>>>> problem. I don't know what VSV does for engine. BTW, I was charged 250 for a
>>>>> new VSV part, diagnosis and labour. Is that overcharged?
>>>>
>>>>The part alone is about $137.00
>>>
>>> Wow!!! The last time I replaced it, it was only $35 at the dealer.
>>> That was a few years ago though.

>>
>>I'll have to check. There are a few of them in the car; the one I need for
>>my Supra is called a BVSV and runs $137....

>
> ...and you have the 1987 model right? I had to replace the one on my
> 92 Turbo also. I'll check my local dealer.


Well, 88, but close enough to call it. Pretty basically the same right
through to '93
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.