WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2005, 02:23 pm   #1 (permalink)
0_Qed
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

Looking for OEM Toy Svc Mans ( 2 Vols ) : 94 Cam LE 4dr .

Vol_2 "only" is fine .

a good addy ==> mailto:nanobot@worldpath.net

Thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2005, 07:17 am   #2 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

Try:
Toyota Publications
800-622-2033
repairs manuals - direct
-----
Never contacted them, but seemed like good information to save.

  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Feb 2005, 11:24 am   #3 (permalink)
0_Qed
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default :-) WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

Daniel wrote:
>
> Try:
> Toyota Publications
> 800-622-2033
> repairs manuals - direct
> -----
> Never contacted them, but seemed like good information to save.



Thanks for the telco# ... stopped by the Toy dealer( parts ctr ) ...
paper manuls not stocked anymore ... newer 2005 mans proported 'online'
, all.
Also, many earlier manuals OL too ... HMmmm .

Same Pts Mgr since 70s ...

Qed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2005, 07:33 am   #4 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: :-) WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

Found the service manuals for 1994 on eBay.
At first, I felt the price was too high, so my bid was not the
"winning" bid.
Then months later, found a single manual for 1993. Since I have the 4
cylinder, that worked reasonably well. (6 cylinder for '93 was
different from '94 but 4 basically the same)
Then happened to check again, months later, and found the two volume
set for 1994. The seller had purchased the Factory Service manuals when
he bought the car, and now re selling the car, the new buyer wasn't
interested in the manuals. They were in like new condition.
Sold back the one Volume 1993 on eBay, and think my net cost for the
two Volume 1994 set ran around $50 net, because the '93 I sold back
brought a good price.
Also found the Burroughs belt tension gauge on eBay. Again, first time
I found one, felt price was too high. Second time, was more reasonable.
Also found the original 1994 radio and CD player on eBay so the
appearance is original. Nice thing about the CD player is that you can
listen without activating the electric antenna - and the music is
commercial free. Very nice. Have used the "slim" style CD cases so
quite a few fit in the glove compartment. Fashioned a divider out of a
manilla file folder so they don't slide on turns.
The Factory Service manual is well worth having. Has proved invaluable
many times now. The information is complete and describes the processes
to be used for your exact vehicle - not a range of years.
I suppose the moral of this story is to be patient - keep searching.

  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2005, 08:23 am   #5 (permalink)
0_Qed
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default :-) Re: :-) WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

Daniel wrote:
> Found the service manuals for 1994 on eBay.

....snip...

I 'bit' the bullet ... $250+\- on '3' ... UPS to my door.
<ouch>

> Also found the Burroughs belt tension gauge on eBay. Again, first time
> I found one, felt price was too high. Second time, was more reasonable.


:-)
I usta use the thickness of my thumb nail for Crusher point gaps ,
think I can still "guage' belt tensions by "ear". :-)
My 2_lb 'sledge' serves as a machine screw hammer too. <VBG>


> Also found the original 1994 radio and CD player on eBay so the
> appearance is original. Nice thing about the CD player is that you can
> listen without activating the electric antenna - and the music is
> commercial free. Very nice.


Have you tried 'Sat' radio ???

Gotta be a "way" to have manual control of the antenna ...
the 'man' plus wiring diags aughta hopefully "tell".
That 'up/down' groan remindes me of my dentist "applying" caps.
Got a 'bracket' on my GMC diesel that groans like that, also.


> Have used the "slim" style CD cases so
> quite a few fit in the glove compartment. Fashioned a divider out of a
> manilla file folder so they don't slide on turns.


Use 'something' that doesnt scratch the CD recorded surface
( opposite the readable the label ) ... some CD r/w heads are too
sensitive
to surface blemish ... depends upon the mechanism mfgr, at least in PCs.
=Pre=_washed cotton broadcloth works well , applied to a stiff "backer"
with
spray-on 'temp' fabric "wash_off" adhesive ... @ a fabric store.
=Lottsa= clay filler in manila file folder "board", too hard on CD
'soft' surface .

"Is" how I store all my PC mobo/device CDs ,
the "ones" that got the 'drivers' that drive the 'drivers' , ad nauseum
....
Abit mobos.


> The Factory Service manual is well worth having. Has proved invaluable
> many times now. The information is complete and describes the processes
> to be used for your exact vehicle - not a range of years.


My local 'NE' Pts Mgr commented that lots of "special" tools required
....
'one', an OBD code reader.
More 'sticker' shock. ;_(
The 'mechanical' ones I can fashion/glue together with a MIG.


> I suppose the moral of this story is to be patient - keep searching.


'Time' and '$$$' are somewhat interchangeable resources ...
[$$$] is quick in a hurry , 5 days to my door, UPS.

thanks for the helpful replies.,
Ed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2005, 06:09 pm   #6 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: :-) Re: :-) WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

> My local 'NE' Pts Mgr commented that lots of "special" tools required
> ...
> 'one', an OBD code reader.


You should not need many special tools for the 4 cylinder.
An OBD code reader is not required for the 1994, which still has OBD I
read by using a paper clip to jump connectors at the diagnostic port
and then count number of times the "check engine" light flashes.
Have done timing belt replacement and most all standard maintenance and
repair jobs without very many special tools.
Needed an electric impact wrench for the crank bolt, and did buy a $50
special tool for camshaft seal replacement (worked great with limited
clearance at strut tower).
My "special tool" for driving in the replacement crankshaft seal was a
plumbing "wye" from Home Depot for around $2. The diameter of the ABS
pipe worked just fine along with a 2 lb. sledge hammer to seat the seal
fully and straight.
Needed to buy an air compressor for cleaning the throttle body. $99.
Needed to buy a 30 mm socket for the valve cover.
Bought a DMM for general trouble shooting and has been very useful.
(Didn't trust the accuracy of my analog VOM)
Bought a steering wheel puller for crank pulley removal, $20.
If you go by the factory manual special tool requirements they are very
expensive, but for most you can find work arounds.

  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2005, 07:54 pm   #7 (permalink)
0_Qed
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: :-) Re: :-) WTB : 94 Camry LE, 2 Vol Svc Man set

Daniel wrote:
> You should not need many special tools for the 4 cylinder.
> An OBD code reader is not required for the 1994, which still has OBD I
> read by using a paper clip to jump connectors at the diagnostic port
> and then count number of times the "check engine" light flashes.
> Have done timing belt replacement and most all standard maintenance and
> repair jobs without very many special tools.


Yes ... finally found out the 94 is (kinda) OBD_I ... my Svc Mans aughta
verify this ... when UPS 'arrives'.

> Needed an electric impact wrench for the crank bolt, and did buy a $50
> special tool for camshaft seal replacement (worked great with limited
> clearance at strut tower).


Interesting ... have heard lottsa ftlbs reqired for that 'nut'.
Good to know that an electric 'fits' & 'works'.


> My "special tool" for driving in the replacement crankshaft seal was a
> plumbing "wye" from Home Depot for around $2. The diameter of the ABS
> pipe worked just fine along with a 2 lb. sledge hammer to seat the seal
> fully and straight.


Jeez, thats kinda tough on 2lb screw hammers.


> Needed to buy an air compressor for cleaning the throttle body. $99.
> Needed to buy a 30 mm socket for the valve cover.
> Bought a DMM for general trouble shooting and has been very useful.
> (Didn't trust the accuracy of my analog VOM)


Havent looked that close at the valve cover ... yet.
The car is still relatively new to me.

The typical O_2 sensor needs a hi_imped DMM , which luckily most are.
IMeg ohms/volt . A biggie maint item at the local shoppee.

> Bought a steering wheel puller for crank pulley removal, $20.
> If you go by the factory manual special tool requirements they are very
> expensive, but for most you can find work arounds.


:-)
I think I can run down to the 'shoppee' and "extract" few spec_tool
measurements ...
take a dig pic if required.
Days "were" when Yng Sun & I helped "them" w/Crusher problems.

Ed.
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.