1999 Camry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2005, 06:08 pm   #1 (permalink)
tuppence
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 1999 Camry

I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I can't find them.

(1) How the heck do you get the cover off the brake light in the back window
to change the bulb?

(2) What the heck is the rattle/rattle/rattle that appears to be somewhere
in front of the glove box (actually sounds like it is under the hood in the
right area??) Don't really need to hit a very big bump to get it started.

Thanks much for any answers.



  Reply With Quote
Old 15 Feb 2005, 07:58 pm   #2 (permalink)
hachiroku
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1999 Camry

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:08:05 -0500, tuppence wrote:

> I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I can't find them.
>
> (1) How the heck do you get the cover off the brake light in the back window
> to change the bulb?


There may be two push-pins on the side of the cover; push in the center
and gently pry them out, then just lift the assembly out. Alternately,
open the trunk and look at the rear deck form underneath; there may be
snaps. Gently unsnap them and push up.

>
> (2) What the heck is the rattle/rattle/rattle that appears to be somewhere
> in front of the glove box (actually sounds like it is under the hood in the
> right area??) Don't really need to hit a very big bump to get it started.


Maybe a loose clip behind the dash. Pain to get at! I wrapped mine with
gauze and duct tape. Nobody looks there anyway...

>
> Thanks much for any answers.


  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2005, 11:31 am   #3 (permalink)
tuppence
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1999 Camry

Thanks for the reply. I'll give these suggestions a try.

T.


"hachiroku" <levin@ae86.gts> wrote in message
news:mNxQd.32127$t46.22180@trndny04...
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:08:05 -0500, tuppence wrote:
>
>> I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I can't find them.
>>
>> (1) How the heck do you get the cover off the brake light in the back
>> window
>> to change the bulb?

>
> There may be two push-pins on the side of the cover; push in the center
> and gently pry them out, then just lift the assembly out. Alternately,
> open the trunk and look at the rear deck form underneath; there may be
> snaps. Gently unsnap them and push up.
>
>>
>> (2) What the heck is the rattle/rattle/rattle that appears to be
>> somewhere
>> in front of the glove box (actually sounds like it is under the hood in
>> the
>> right area??) Don't really need to hit a very big bump to get it started.

>
> Maybe a loose clip behind the dash. Pain to get at! I wrapped mine with
> gauze and duct tape. Nobody looks there anyway...
>
>>
>> Thanks much for any answers.

>



  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2005, 12:45 pm   #4 (permalink)
tuppence
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1999 Camry

You were right. There are two plastic snaps underneath that are accessible
from the trunk. Now I can change the bulb. I'll check your suggestion on the
rattle later. THANKS!

T.


"hachiroku" <levin@ae86.gts> wrote in message
news:mNxQd.32127$t46.22180@trndny04...
> On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:08:05 -0500, tuppence wrote:
>
>> I'm sure these questions have been asked before, but I can't find them.
>>
>> (1) How the heck do you get the cover off the brake light in the back
>> window
>> to change the bulb?

>
> There may be two push-pins on the side of the cover; push in the center
> and gently pry them out, then just lift the assembly out. Alternately,
> open the trunk and look at the rear deck form underneath; there may be
> snaps. Gently unsnap them and push up.
>
>>
>> (2) What the heck is the rattle/rattle/rattle that appears to be
>> somewhere
>> in front of the glove box (actually sounds like it is under the hood in
>> the
>> right area??) Don't really need to hit a very big bump to get it started.

>
> Maybe a loose clip behind the dash. Pain to get at! I wrapped mine with
> gauze and duct tape. Nobody looks there anyway...
>
>>
>> Thanks much for any answers.

>



  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:28 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.