Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Mar 2005, 08:26 pm   #1 (permalink)
Car Guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

I recently did a power steering flush on my 2002 Camry LE V6 (60,000 miles)
and replaced the fluid with Amsoil ATF and found the steering system to be
much smoother especially in cold weather. I noticed that the Amsoil is also
compatible with Toyota T-IV fluid. Has anyone used the Amsoil on their
transmissions and had any issues. Generally, I do a drain and fill every
25,000 miles and replace the fluid. I was thinking of doing the Wynn method
of replacing all the fluid and replacing it either with the T-IV stuff or
the Amsoil ATF.

Any thoughts?


  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 04:39 am   #2 (permalink)
m Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

I use Mobil synthetics in motor, trans, power steering and differential
and notice major improvemrnts. Look into Mobil they have the best paid
scientists and from people I know selling racing oil and cars they have
the best oils. Their synthetics are recomended by more manufacturers
than any other oil. They have the money to pay for the best recearch
team in the business. I am convinced Mobil is superior to Amsoil, not
to say Amsoil is a bad product, it is a good product, just Mobil is
further advanced. Look at the specs for example of their new 0-40 and
long life oils. One problem with switching to synthetic on older cars
can be developing leaks.

  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 01:49 pm   #3 (permalink)
Philip
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

Car Guy wrote:
> I recently did a power steering flush on my 2002 Camry LE V6 (60,000
> miles) and replaced the fluid with Amsoil ATF and found the steering
> system to be much smoother especially in cold weather. I noticed
> that the Amsoil is also compatible with Toyota T-IV fluid. Has
> anyone used the Amsoil on their transmissions and had any issues.
> Generally, I do a drain and fill every 25,000 miles and replace the
> fluid. I was thinking of doing the Wynn method of replacing all the
> fluid and replacing it either with the T-IV stuff or the Amsoil ATF.
>
> Any thoughts?


The Amsoil container states on the label that it is compatable with TOYOTA
T-IV or Dexron IV?
--

- Philip



  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 01:49 pm   #4 (permalink)
Philip
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

m Ransley wrote:
> I use Mobil synthetics in motor, trans, power steering and
> differential and notice major improvemrnts. Look into Mobil they have
> the best paid scientists and from people I know selling racing oil
> and cars they have the best oils. Their synthetics are recomended by
> more manufacturers than any other oil. They have the money to pay for
> the best recearch team in the business. I am convinced Mobil is
> superior to Amsoil, not to say Amsoil is a bad product, it is a good
> product, just Mobil is further advanced. Look at the specs for
> example of their new 0-40 and long life oils. One problem with
> switching to synthetic on older cars can be developing leaks.


"Ransley" ... do you have a vehicle requiring T-IV fluid?
--

- Philip



  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 02:00 pm   #5 (permalink)
Car Guy
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

Philip,

This is the Amsoil transmission fluid I used for the power steering
mechanism:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx

According to the website, and the bottle, it is recommended for the
following applications:


Recommended for applications requiring the following specifications:

a.. GM DEXRON II®, DEXRON III
b.. Ford MERCON®, MERCON V
c.. Chrysler ATF+ through ATF+4®
d.. Honda Z-1
e.. Toyota Type T and T-IV
f.. Mitsubishi/Hyundai Diamond SP II & III
g.. Allison C-3,C-4
h.. Caterpillar TO-2
i.. Voith G-1363
j.. ZF TE-ML 14C
k.. GM Strasbourg & Opel
l.. Vickers I 286S & M2950S

"Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.n0t> wrote in message
news:xn%_d.444$Vi3.281@newsread3.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
> Car Guy wrote:
>> I recently did a power steering flush on my 2002 Camry LE V6 (60,000
>> miles) and replaced the fluid with Amsoil ATF and found the steering
>> system to be much smoother especially in cold weather. I noticed
>> that the Amsoil is also compatible with Toyota T-IV fluid. Has
>> anyone used the Amsoil on their transmissions and had any issues.
>> Generally, I do a drain and fill every 25,000 miles and replace the
>> fluid. I was thinking of doing the Wynn method of replacing all the
>> fluid and replacing it either with the T-IV stuff or the Amsoil ATF.
>>
>> Any thoughts?

>
> The Amsoil container states on the label that it is compatable with TOYOTA
> T-IV or Dexron IV?
> --
>
> - Philip
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 04:16 pm   #6 (permalink)
Richard
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better


"Car Guy" <ac222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:zradndMIaf1DGaHfRVn-2w@rogers.com...
> Philip,
>
> This is the Amsoil transmission fluid I used for the power steering
> mechanism:
>
> http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx
>
> According to the website, and the bottle, it is recommended for the
> following applications:
>
>
> Recommended for applications requiring the following specifications:
>
> a.. GM DEXRON II®, DEXRON III
> b.. Ford MERCON®, MERCON V
> c.. Chrysler ATF+ through ATF+4®
> d.. Honda Z-1
> e.. Toyota Type T and T-IV
> f.. Mitsubishi/Hyundai Diamond SP II & III
> g.. Allison C-3,C-4
> h.. Caterpillar TO-2
> i.. Voith G-1363
> j.. ZF TE-ML 14C
> k.. GM Strasbourg & Opel
> l.. Vickers I 286S & M2950S
>
> "Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.n0t> wrote in message
> news:xn%_d.444$Vi3.281@newsread3.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
>> Car Guy wrote:
>>> I recently did a power steering flush on my 2002 Camry LE V6 (60,000
>>> miles) and replaced the fluid with Amsoil ATF and found the steering
>>> system to be much smoother especially in cold weather. I noticed
>>> that the Amsoil is also compatible with Toyota T-IV fluid. Has
>>> anyone used the Amsoil on their transmissions and had any issues.
>>> Generally, I do a drain and fill every 25,000 miles and replace the
>>> fluid. I was thinking of doing the Wynn method of replacing all the
>>> fluid and replacing it either with the T-IV stuff or the Amsoil ATF.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts?

>>
>> The Amsoil container states on the label that it is compatable with
>> TOYOTA T-IV or Dexron IV?
>> --
>>
>> - Philip
>>
>>

>

Chrysler has stated that since 2001 production year users should only use +4
and not any so called universal transmission fluid in their automatics.
Chrysler is the only source for their special +4 juice.

Richard.


  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Mar 2005, 05:54 pm   #7 (permalink)
Philip
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

Richard wrote:
> "Car Guy" <ac222@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:zradndMIaf1DGaHfRVn-2w@rogers.com...
>> Philip,
>>
>> This is the Amsoil transmission fluid I used for the power steering
>> mechanism:
>>
>> http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/atf.aspx
>>
>> According to the website, and the bottle, it is recommended for the
>> following applications:
>>
>>
>> Recommended for applications requiring the following specifications:
>>
>> a.. GM DEXRON II®, DEXRON III
>> b.. Ford MERCON®, MERCON V
>> c.. Chrysler ATF+ through ATF+4®
>> d.. Honda Z-1
>> e.. Toyota Type T and T-IV
>> f.. Mitsubishi/Hyundai Diamond SP II & III
>> g.. Allison C-3,C-4
>> h.. Caterpillar TO-2
>> i.. Voith G-1363
>> j.. ZF TE-ML 14C
>> k.. GM Strasbourg & Opel
>> l.. Vickers I 286S & M2950S
>>
>> "Philip" <1chip-state1@earthlink.n0t> wrote in message
>> news:xn%_d.444$Vi3.281@newsread3.news.atl.earthlin k.net...
>>> Car Guy wrote:
>>>> I recently did a power steering flush on my 2002 Camry LE V6
>>>> (60,000 miles) and replaced the fluid with Amsoil ATF and found
>>>> the steering system to be much smoother especially in cold
>>>> weather. I noticed that the Amsoil is also compatible with Toyota T-IV
>>>> fluid. Has
>>>> anyone used the Amsoil on their transmissions and had any issues.
>>>> Generally, I do a drain and fill every 25,000 miles and replace the
>>>> fluid. I was thinking of doing the Wynn method of replacing all
>>>> the fluid and replacing it either with the T-IV stuff or the
>>>> Amsoil ATF. Any thoughts?
>>>
>>> The Amsoil container states on the label that it is compatable with
>>> TOYOTA T-IV or Dexron IV?
>>> --
>>>
>>> - Philip
>>>
>>>

>>

> Chrysler has stated that since 2001 production year users should only
> use +4 and not any so called universal transmission fluid in their
> automatics. Chrysler is the only source for their special +4 juice.
>
> Richard.


I'm inclined to -believe- Toyota similarly warns against 'universal' fluids.
But I do not know for sure.
--

- Philip



  Reply With Quote
Old 20 Mar 2005, 02:55 am   #8 (permalink)
Rich Lockyer
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota T-IV Fluid vs. Amsoil Synthetic ATF - Which is better

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 21:26:24 -0500, "Car Guy" <ac222@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I noticed that the Amsoil is also
>compatible with Toyota T-IV fluid.


Amsoil is the only source that claims that it is compatible.

Mobil specifically states that their synthetic ATF is NOT compatible
with T-IV.

I wouldn't do it. I'm as in love with synthetics as anyone, but I
wouldn't trust Amsoil in my '03 Tundra.



--- Rich
http://richlockyer.tripod.com/
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.