headlight defeat

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Mar 2005, 10:01 pm   #1 (permalink)
sparkyguy@myrealbox.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default headlight defeat

2001 Camry
Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I don't mind
the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety feature, but I'd
like to be able to turn them off occasionally.

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2005, 10:30 pm   #2 (permalink)
lucanhookup
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat


sparkyguy@myrealbox.com Wrote:
> 2001 Camry
> Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
> There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
> driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I don't mind
> the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety feature, but I'd
> like to be able to turn them off occasionally.


ahhhh how about using the switch???


--
lucanhookup
------------------------------------------------------------------------
lucanhookup's Profile: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/me...p?userid=23199
View this thread: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=72008

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2005, 11:08 pm   #3 (permalink)
Liberal|sarl|airs|
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

sparkyguy@myrealbox.com wrote:
|| 2001 Camry
|| Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
|| There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
|| driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I don't
|| mind the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety feature,
|| but I'd like to be able to turn them off occasionally.

As the older cars get junked, ALL cars will have lights on while driving
around campsites, drive-ins etc.. Get used to it.




  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2005, 11:09 pm   #4 (permalink)
Liberal|sarl|airs|
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

lucanhookup wrote:
|| sparkyguy@myrealbox.com Wrote:
||| 2001 Camry
||| Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
||| There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
||| driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I don't
||| mind the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety feature,
||| but I'd like to be able to turn them off occasionally.
||
|| ahhhh how about using the switch???

His vehicle obviously has a photorelay which insists on putting on
headlights when the ambient light level decreases below a certain point.
There is no override possibe, save for altering the wiring.


||
||
|| --
|| lucanhookup
|| ------------------------------------------------------------------------
|| lucanhookup's Profile:
|| http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/me...p?userid=23199 View this
|| thread: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=72008


  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Mar 2005, 11:11 pm   #5 (permalink)
DSPL
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

1 click on the hand brake will shut off the daytime driving lights

"lucanhookup" <lucanhookup.1ml74b@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au> wrote in
message news:lucanhookup.1ml74b@no-mx.forums.yourdomain.com.au...
>
> sparkyguy@myrealbox.com Wrote:
>> 2001 Camry
>> Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
>> There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
>> driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I don't mind
>> the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety feature, but I'd
>> like to be able to turn them off occasionally.

>
> ahhhh how about using the switch???
>
>
> --
> lucanhookup
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> lucanhookup's Profile:
> http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/me...p?userid=23199
> View this thread: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=72008
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 01:32 am   #6 (permalink)
Philip
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

Liberal|sarl|airs| !|" <l$#. wrote:
> sparkyguy@myrealbox.com wrote:
>>> 2001 Camry
>>> Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
>>> There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
>>> driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I don't
>>> mind the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety feature,
>>> but I'd like to be able to turn them off occasionally.

>
> As the older cars get junked, ALL cars will have lights on while
> driving around campsites, drive-ins etc.. Get used to it.


Look around. Fewer models are getting DRLs .... not more.
--

- Philip



  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 03:35 am   #7 (permalink)
Liberal|sarl|airs|
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

Philip wrote:
|| Liberal|sarl|airs| !|" <l$#. wrote:
||| sparkyguy@myrealbox.com wrote:
||||| 2001 Camry
||||| Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
||||| There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
||||| driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I don't
||||| mind the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety feature,
||||| but I'd like to be able to turn them off occasionally.
|||
||| As the older cars get junked, ALL cars will have lights on while
||| driving around campsites, drive-ins etc.. Get used to it.
||
|| Look around. Fewer models are getting DRLs .... not more.
|| --

I don't think he has a problem with DRL's--he wants to defeat the "Automatic
headlights on when light level is low" feature.


||
|| - Philip


  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 07:44 am   #8 (permalink)
m Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

Duct tape

  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 10:04 am   #9 (permalink)
Philip
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

Liberal|sarl|airs| !|" <l$#. wrote:
> Philip wrote:
>>> Liberal|sarl|airs| !|" <l$#. wrote:
>>>> sparkyguy@myrealbox.com wrote:
>>>>>> 2001 Camry
>>>>>> Is there a way to turn OFF all headlight functions?
>>>>>> There are times when I don't want any headlights at all (such as
>>>>>> driving late around campsites, at drive-in movies, etc.). I
>>>>>> don't mind the day-time driving lights, they are a good safety
>>>>>> feature, but I'd like to be able to turn them off occasionally.
>>>>
>>>> As the older cars get junked, ALL cars will have lights on while
>>>> driving around campsites, drive-ins etc.. Get used to it.
>>>
>>> Look around. Fewer models are getting DRLs .... not more.
>>> --

>
> I don't think he has a problem with DRL's--he wants to defeat the
> "Automatic headlights on when light level is low" feature.


Ok. If you put tape over the Twilight Sensor eye, the headlights stay ON
(Night Mode) all the time. So you headlights, side markers, tail-lights,
license plate light, and instrumentation lights are all ON. In my case, the
fluorescent digital clock is DIMMED for this perceived nighttime operation.
This mode does *not* allow you to turn OFF the headlights.

Late model Camrys have a nice compromise. OFF *Auto* Parking ON. The Auto
position makes the DRL and Twilight Sentinel operational.
--

- Philip



  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2005, 10:51 am   #10 (permalink)
m Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: headlight defeat

I meant the hilbilly way duck tape on the lights, all of them.

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.