Toyota Camry trouble code 96

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Apr 2005, 09:39 am   #1 (permalink)
yangys
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Toyota Camry trouble code 96

I have a 1999 Toyota Camry. Its check engine light has been on for a
while now. Using the "bridge" method, it comes out with a code 96 (nine
flashes, short pause, six flashes, long pause). However, I am unable to
find out the explanation for it. Please let me know if you happen to
have the explanation, or if you know a URL with a comprehensive list
for the OBD I codes.

Regards,

Sam Yang
Sam.Yang@csiro.au

  Reply With Quote
Old 18 Apr 2005, 09:14 am   #2 (permalink)
hachiroku
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:39:12 -0700, yangys wrote:

> I have a 1999 Toyota Camry. Its check engine light has been on for a
> while now. Using the "bridge" method, it comes out with a code 96 (nine
> flashes, short pause, six flashes, long pause). However, I am unable to
> find out the explanation for it. Please let me know if you happen to
> have the explanation, or if you know a URL with a comprehensive list
> for the OBD I codes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sam Yang
> Sam.Yang@csiro.au


Do a Google on Toyta Trouble codes...there are 3 real good ones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 02:24 am   #3 (permalink)
Sam.Yang@csiro.au
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96


hachiroku wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 07:39:12 -0700, yangys wrote:
>
> > I have a 1999 Toyota Camry. Its check engine light has been on for

a
> > while now. Using the "bridge" method, it comes out with a code 96

(nine
> > flashes, short pause, six flashes, long pause). However, I am

unable to
> > find out the explanation for it. Please let me know if you happen

to
> > have the explanation, or if you know a URL with a comprehensive

list
> > for the OBD I codes.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sam Yang
> > Sam.Yang@csiro.au

>
> Do a Google on Toyta Trouble codes...there are 3 real good ones.


Would you be a bit more specific? I have already spent tens of hours on
the net before I post the message. I would really appreciate it if you
could post/email the text interpretation for code 96. I have even
telephoned the Toyota Customer Relations for help. They cannot find
anything for it.

  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Apr 2005, 05:47 am   #4 (permalink)
Peter
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96

http://www.troublecodes.net/Toyota/


"yangys" <yangys@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1113748752.036639.64670@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> I have a 1999 Toyota Camry. Its check engine light has been on for a
> while now. Using the "bridge" method, it comes out with a code 96 (nine
> flashes, short pause, six flashes, long pause). However, I am unable to
> find out the explanation for it. Please let me know if you happen to
> have the explanation, or if you know a URL with a comprehensive list
> for the OBD I codes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sam Yang
> Sam.Yang@csiro.au
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2005, 02:39 am   #5 (permalink)
Sam Yang
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96

"Peter" <shaca#@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:<4264e1d5$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au>...
> http://www.troublecodes.net/Toyota/


Thanks Peter. I have checked the URL before I wrote the original
message. It only lists the two-digit codes up to 86. What I need to
know is about code 96.

>
>
> "yangys" <yangys@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1113748752.036639.64670@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> > I have a 1999 Toyota Camry. Its check engine light has been on for a
> > while now. Using the "bridge" method, it comes out with a code 96 (nine
> > flashes, short pause, six flashes, long pause). However, I am unable to
> > find out the explanation for it. Please let me know if you happen to
> > have the explanation, or if you know a URL with a comprehensive list
> > for the OBD I codes.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sam Yang
> > Sam.Yang@csiro.au
> >

  Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2005, 11:32 am   #6 (permalink)
///Owen\\\\\\
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96

yangys wrote:
> I have a 1999 Toyota Camry. Its check engine light has been on for a
> while now. Using the "bridge" method, it comes out with a code 96
> (nine flashes, short pause, six flashes, long pause). However, I am
> unable to find out the explanation for it. Please let me know if you
> happen to have the explanation, or if you know a URL with a
> comprehensive list for the OBD I codes.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sam Yang
> Sam.Yang@csiro.au


=============================

where can I found out about the "bridge method"
thanks


  Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2005, 07:16 pm   #7 (permalink)
Sam Yang
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96

"///Owen\\\\\\" <mo-jo@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:<Fuv9e.1084113$8l.115017@pd7tw1no>...
> yangys wrote:
> > I have a 1999 Toyota Camry. Its check engine light has been on for a
> > while now. Using the "bridge" method, it comes out with a code 96
> > (nine flashes, short pause, six flashes, long pause). However, I am
> > unable to find out the explanation for it. Please let me know if you
> > happen to have the explanation, or if you know a URL with a
> > comprehensive list for the OBD I codes.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sam Yang
> > Sam.Yang@csiro.au

>
> =============================
>
> where can I found out about the "bridge method"
> thanks


In Silicon Chip, December 2003 issue, pages 14-16. URL:
www.siliconchip.com.au. Essentially, one needs to connect pin 4 & pin
13 on the OBD connector, than turn the ignition key to the on or run
position. The check engine light will start to flash. The number of
flashes indicate the code. It works for my car, but it may or may not
work for other make/model/year.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 09:12 am   #8 (permalink)
ycleptor2@cs.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96

A 99 is OBDII. You need a scanner to obtain the code. Go to a parts
store and get them to scan for you.
Cheers,
Mike Davis

  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2005, 08:06 pm   #9 (permalink)
Sam.Yang@csiro.au
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96


ycleptor2@cs.com wrote:
> A 99 is OBDII. You need a scanner to obtain the code. Go to a parts
> store and get them to scan for you.
> Cheers,
> Mike Davis


Unfortunately, it is not true in Australia. I have a OBDII scanner and
it does not work. OBDII started in US in 1996, 2000 in Europe and will
be officially OBDII compliant in Australia in 2006.

OBDII scanners are not common in private hands here. No parts stores in
Australia can scan ECU code. I need to book a service with a mechanic
to do it. Typical cost is A$65 and booking a week in advance.

  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2005, 09:10 am   #10 (permalink)
ycleptor2@cs.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Camry trouble code 96

All I guess I can say is there's nothing like a standard.
Good luck with it. In the US, there's isn't an OBDI code 96.

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.