'97 car pulling to the left

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Aug 2005, 08:55 pm   #1 (permalink)
Vitali
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default '97 car pulling to the left

Dear All
I ran into problem which is strange to me

On speed over 40 m/h car pulling to the left but I hold steering wheel
strait.
Showed car to local dealer. They have checked alignment , which was fine
and said they see to problem.
I have this problem for a while but with old tires that is barely
noticeable. But it was easy to see that outside quoter of tire from left
front wheel is almost bald same time as left surface has some protector.
And I skip only one tire rotation as was about to replace them. With new
tires I have hold steering wheel turned slightly right to make car go
strait ....

Have somebody experienced such problem ?
What can I check to find the reason of this problem ?


Thanks in advance
Vitali
  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Aug 2005, 11:15 pm   #2 (permalink)
Jason James
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '97 car pulling to the left


"Vitali" <nospam@spam.net> wrote in message
news:3gaOe.1767$SW1.150@trndny09...
> Dear All
> I ran into problem which is strange to me
>
> On speed over 40 m/h car pulling to the left but I hold steering wheel
> strait.
> Showed car to local dealer. They have checked alignment , which was fine
> and said they see to problem.
> I have this problem for a while but with old tires that is barely
> noticeable. But it was easy to see that outside quoter of tire from left
> front wheel is almost bald same time as left surface has some protector.
> And I skip only one tire rotation as was about to replace them. With new
> tires I have hold steering wheel turned slightly right to make car go
> strait ....
>
> Have somebody experienced such problem ?
> What can I check to find the reason of this problem ?


If the front left shoulder is bald from applying correction,..then something
is badly wrong. These cars track very well and should never pull to one
side. It sounds as tho the car may have sustained some steering geometry
changes after being dropped into to pot-hole in the road on the left front
road-wheel. This can reduce the castor on that side causing pulling to that
side. Castor on McPherson strut cars is usually not adjustable, but can be
*measured* for any problems on the optical aligning/check machines. Make
sure the aligner checks *castor* as well as toe and camber.

There are other possibilities,..but generally a car will pull to the side
with 1. the least castor 2. the most positive camber or with toe-problems.
If one wheel has significant negative camber, the car will pull to the
opposite wheel.

All this is asuming you have checked the air-pressure and the tyres are more
or less matched on each axle.

If the rear wheel alignment is out by a significant amount, this will also
cause tracking problems.

Jason


  Reply With Quote
Old 22 Aug 2005, 02:15 am   #3 (permalink)
johngdole@hotmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '97 car pulling to the left

If a tire is going bald you have a serious problem. It may not be
alignment but dragging brake or sagging coil spring (check you ride
height) or loose suspension components.

That generation Camrys has poor suspension.

  Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2005, 03:51 pm   #4 (permalink)
Jason James
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '97 car pulling to the left


<johngdole@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1124694936.197175.31990@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> If a tire is going bald you have a serious problem. It may not be
> alignment but dragging brake or sagging coil spring (check you ride
> height) or loose suspension components.
>
> That generation Camrys has poor suspension.



Ehh? Dont think so.

Jason


  Reply With Quote
Old 24 Aug 2005, 04:23 pm   #5 (permalink)
badgolferman
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '97 car pulling to the left

Jason James, 8/24/2005, <430cdda4@news.comindico.com.au>,4:51:16 PM,
wrote:

>
> <johngdole@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1124694936.197175.31990@z14g2000cwz.googlegro ups.com...
> > If a tire is going bald you have a serious problem. It may not be
> > alignment but dragging brake or sagging coil spring (check you ride
> > height) or loose suspension components.
> >
> > That generation Camrys has poor suspension.

>
>
> Ehh? Dont think so.
>
> Jason


I agree with the previous poster. I had a 94 and a 97 Camry. Both
were 4 cylinder models. The springs in the 97 are certainly weaker
than the 94 was. The back end of the 97 has always scraped the
driveway with passengers unless I inch in/out of the driveway. The 94
never did that and I had it more years with more mileage.

--
"The least thing upset him on the links. He missed short putts because
of the uproar of butterflies in the adjoining meadows." -- P.G.
Wodehouse
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.