'92 camry wont start!!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Aug 2005, 08:26 pm   #1 (permalink)
cris l via CarKB.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default '92 camry wont start!!!

my car ALWAYS started until 3 days ago,i got it in nov 05,i replaced things
that didn't even need to be so far it had a tune up less than 6 months ago,
new battery, new radiator, new front struts new brakes all around,when the
tune up was done the parts were all new, new timing belt and water pump,
rides like a champ (when she starts) The only time she ever stalled before
was in the winter b4 i replaced the battery. I had a mechanic look at her
this morning he confirmed there is power, the fuel pump works, there is a
spark just in case he replaced the spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap
today, he fed it fuel through a tube and still nothing, I took it from park
to neutral tried it nothing, put it back in park tried it nothing. She sounds
normal she cranks but does not go vrooom...............help please
  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2005, 01:53 am   #2 (permalink)
jjjsan
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '92 camry wont start!!!

check timing, maybe timing belt slipped a tooth.
was rotor changed also?
if timing is good, might be fuel delivery problem, have fuel pump pressure
checked.

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2005, 12:31 pm   #3 (permalink)
cris l via CarKB.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '92 camry wont start!!!

jjjsan wrote:
>check timing, maybe timing belt slipped a tooth.
>was rotor changed also?
>if timing is good, might be fuel delivery problem, have fuel pump pressure
>checked.


ok i timing was checked yesterday is fine, fuel filter was checked yesterday
also fine, today fuel pump was changed still nothing...


--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...camry/200508/1
  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2005, 12:50 pm   #4 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '92 camry wont start!!!

check the ignition coil - could be an intermittent fault, or only when
hot.
test resistance while tapping gently, and heating with heat gun

  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2005, 03:05 pm   #5 (permalink)
cris l via CarKB.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '92 camry wont start!!!

Daniel wrote:
>check the ignition coil - could be an intermittent fault, or only when
>hot.
>test resistance while tapping gently, and heating with heat gun



well right before i read this that is what i changed the ignition coil thank
you for the help.


--
Message posted via CarKB.com
http://www.carkb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx...camry/200508/1
  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2005, 11:15 pm   #6 (permalink)
Winston
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '92 camry wont start!!!

cris l via CarKB.com wrote:
> my car ALWAYS started until 3 days ago,i got it in nov 05,i replaced things
> that didn't even need to be so far it had a tune up less than 6 months ago,
> new battery, new radiator, new front struts new brakes all around,when the
> tune up was done the parts were all new, new timing belt and water pump,
> rides like a champ (when she starts) The only time she ever stalled before
> was in the winter b4 i replaced the battery. I had a mechanic look at her
> this morning he confirmed there is power, the fuel pump works, there is a
> spark just in case he replaced the spark plugs, wires, and distributor cap
> today, he fed it fuel through a tube and still nothing, I took it from park
> to neutral tried it nothing, put it back in park tried it nothing. She sounds
> normal she cranks but does not go vrooom...............help please


What OBD code was stored?
What did the diagnostic reveal when you checked the IAC valve?
Does she start and run on 'starting fluid' sprayed into the intake?
Does your timing light blink on all cylinders?
What do the spark plugs look like when you pull them out?

--Winston
  Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2005, 09:43 am   #7 (permalink)
jimhigh66
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: '92 camry wont start!!!

You mention "timing was checked..." There are two timing issues. Valve
timing -- controlled by the timing belt, and igintion timing controlled by
the positon of the distributor. Both must be correct though if the timing
belt were off a notch or 2 I suspect the car would run but not properly. A
long shot: Unplug the mass airflow sensor (I think part of the aircleaner
assembly) and see if it will start. Your problem is puzzling.


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.