Trunk Pops Open By Itself

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Aug 2005, 09:13 pm   #1 (permalink)
Freelancer
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Trunk Pops Open By Itself

I have a 2005 Camry. I can open the trunk with a key, the pull-up latch
next to the drivers seat, or I can use the remote control. Lately, while
driving, we have noticed that the trunk somehow popped open by itself. It
has only done so a few times that we know of. Anyone know of any recalls or
alerts to this problem? Any ideas on what might be causing it?
TIA
Marshall


  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2005, 08:18 am   #2 (permalink)
Wolfgang
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Trunk Pops Open By Itself

Just needs a simple adjustment - take it back in to dealer.

"Freelancer" <marshall@freelancebyu.com> wrote in message
news:R_PPe.6379$HR5.2363@tornado.socal.rr.com...
>I have a 2005 Camry. I can open the trunk with a key, the pull-up latch
>next to the drivers seat, or I can use the remote control. Lately, while
>driving, we have noticed that the trunk somehow popped open by itself. It
>has only done so a few times that we know of. Anyone know of any recalls
>or alerts to this problem? Any ideas on what might be causing it?
> TIA
> Marshall
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Sep 2005, 10:17 am   #3 (permalink)
Art
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Trunk Pops Open By Itself

My POS 2001 Avalon does it because of the poor design of the remote. The
button for the trunk has a weak spring and is slightly high. Any pressure
on my key case and up pops the trunk lid.


"Freelancer" <marshall@freelancebyu.com> wrote in message
news:R_PPe.6379$HR5.2363@tornado.socal.rr.com...
>I have a 2005 Camry. I can open the trunk with a key, the pull-up latch
>next to the drivers seat, or I can use the remote control. Lately, while
>driving, we have noticed that the trunk somehow popped open by itself. It
>has only done so a few times that we know of. Anyone know of any recalls
>or alerts to this problem? Any ideas on what might be causing it?
> TIA
> Marshall
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2005, 08:39 am   #4 (permalink)
C. E. White
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Trunk Pops Open By Itself


"Art" <begunaNOSPAMPLEASE@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:rkZSe.7820$FW1.4011@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
> My POS 2001 Avalon does it because of the poor design of the remote. The
> button for the trunk has a weak spring and is slightly high. Any pressure
> on my key case and up pops the trunk lid.


I assue it will not operate when the car is in drive - right?

Ed


  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Sep 2005, 09:21 am   #5 (permalink)
Art
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Trunk Pops Open By Itself


"C. E. White" <cewhite3@removemindspring.com> wrote in message
news:431da002_1@news1.prserv.net...
>
> "Art" <begunaNOSPAMPLEASE@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> news:rkZSe.7820$FW1.4011@newsread3.news.atl.earthl ink.net...
>> My POS 2001 Avalon does it because of the poor design of the remote. The
>> button for the trunk has a weak spring and is slightly high. Any
>> pressure
>> on my key case and up pops the trunk lid.

>
> I assue it will not operate when the car is in drive - right?
>

Sure hope not. But normally the remote is hanging by the key in the
ignition so it couldn't be triggered while driving. But last night I found
myself driving again with the trunk open. Never happens on my 300M or any
other car I've owned. Just this highly rated 2001 Avalon. I presume the
trunk was opened previously by the remote while I was in the garage.

By the way I had a close look at the new Avalon. Gorgeous interior but
otherwise unimpressive. And I will not be buying another Toyota product for
a long, long time.


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.