Lexus wheels on Camry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Sep 2005, 10:30 pm   #1 (permalink)
kramer
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Lexus wheels on Camry

Does anyone know if the alloy wheels from a 98 Lexus ES300 would fit a 96
Camry LE? I know that the Camry had 195 70R 14 stock and the Lexus wheels
are 15", so if I put on 205 65R 15's on them, I am the same as the V6
Camry's of the same generation, no?


  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2005, 11:18 am   #2 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Lexus wheels on Camry

If you have the wheels check the offset.
Should be a number cast into the wheel that describes ( in mm) how far
the centerline is offset (some wheels are more dished in or concave
than others)

  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2005, 05:12 pm   #3 (permalink)
Bassplayer12
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Lexus wheels on Camry

> Does anyone know if the alloy wheels from a 98 Lexus ES300 would fit a 96
> Camry LE? I know that the Camry had 195 70R 14 stock and the Lexus wheels
> are 15", so if I put on 205 65R 15's on them, I am the same as the V6
> Camry's of the same generation, no?


Does your Camry suffer from the "wannabe" syndrome?


  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2005, 06:26 pm   #4 (permalink)
Kramer
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Lexus wheels on Camry

No more than your reply suffers from the 'loser' syndrome.

I am looking to get some new rims for permanently mounting snow tires, and
I have a friend with some sitting in his garage for 'cheap'... You know,
like that shot you attempted, but whatever.....

I think after owning this car for 10 years, I am beyond giving a shit about
how it looks to other people. Hell, I think the fact that I bought this car
in the first place proves that I don't care about how my car looks to other
people. Its a fricken Camry dude, no amount of ornamentation discuises the
fact that it is nothing but a 4-door family sedan, period.

(Damn, I will never get that minute back...)


"Bassplayer12" <perettij@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
news:A9IVe.89894$Ph4.2851678@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
> > Does anyone know if the alloy wheels from a 98 Lexus ES300 would fit a

96
> > Camry LE? I know that the Camry had 195 70R 14 stock and the Lexus

wheels
> > are 15", so if I put on 205 65R 15's on them, I am the same as the V6
> > Camry's of the same generation, no?

>
> Does your Camry suffer from the "wannabe" syndrome?
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Sep 2005, 10:24 pm   #5 (permalink)
Vash the Stampede
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Lexus wheels on Camry

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:26:55 -0700, Kramer wrote:

> No more than your reply suffers from the 'loser' syndrome.
>
> I am looking to get some new rims for permanently mounting snow tires, and
> I have a friend with some sitting in his garage for 'cheap'... You know,
> like that shot you attempted, but whatever.....
>
> I think after owning this car for 10 years, I am beyond giving a shit about
> how it looks to other people. Hell, I think the fact that I bought this car
> in the first place proves that I don't care about how my car looks to other
> people. Its a fricken Camry dude, no amount of ornamentation discuises the
> fact that it is nothing but a 4-door family sedan, period.
>
> (Damn, I will never get that minute back...)


Nor I, this one;

What you really are concerned with is the Bolt Hole Pattern. I'm willing
to bet it will work, but you can try to Google Bolt Hole or Bolt Hole
Pattern; there used to be a couple really good sites.

The other parameter you're concerned with is Offset, or how far the
'center' of the rim is from the 'center' of the wheel. Too close and
you'll throw the handling off and possibly rub the tires against the
frame. Too far out and you'll look like a mud bogger. What model Lexus
does your Camry Wanna-be (er, sorry...

I'm willing to bet (well, not really...) that you'll find the rims are
interchangable.


>
>
> "Bassplayer12" <perettij@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> news:A9IVe.89894$Ph4.2851678@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
>> > Does anyone know if the alloy wheels from a 98 Lexus ES300 would fit a

> 96
>> > Camry LE? I know that the Camry had 195 70R 14 stock and the Lexus

> wheels
>> > are 15", so if I put on 205 65R 15's on them, I am the same as the V6
>> > Camry's of the same generation, no?

>>
>> Does your Camry suffer from the "wannabe" syndrome?
>>
>>


  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 10:46 am   #6 (permalink)
Bassplayer12
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Lexus wheels on Camry

> No more than your reply suffers from the 'loser' syndrome.
>


Hey sorry, dude, it was just a failed attempt at some humour. No harm meant.

> I am looking to get some new rims for permanently mounting snow tires, and
> I have a friend with some sitting in his garage for 'cheap'... You know,
> like that shot you attempted, but whatever.....
>
> I think after owning this car for 10 years, I am beyond giving a shit
> about
> how it looks to other people. Hell, I think the fact that I bought this
> car
> in the first place proves that I don't care about how my car looks to
> other
> people. Its a fricken Camry dude, no amount of ornamentation discuises
> the
> fact that it is nothing but a 4-door family sedan, period.
>
> (Damn, I will never get that minute back...)
>
>
> "Bassplayer12" <perettij@nbnet.nb.ca> wrote in message
> news:A9IVe.89894$Ph4.2851678@ursa-nb00s0.nbnet.nb.ca...
>> > Does anyone know if the alloy wheels from a 98 Lexus ES300 would fit a

> 96
>> > Camry LE? I know that the Camry had 195 70R 14 stock and the Lexus

> wheels
>> > are 15", so if I put on 205 65R 15's on them, I am the same as the V6
>> > Camry's of the same generation, no?

>>
>> Does your Camry suffer from the "wannabe" syndrome?
>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 12:08 pm   #7 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Lexus wheels on Camry

I am looking to get some new rims for permanently mounting snow tires
~~~~~~~~~~~
I have seen Lexus rims on a Camry, so it should work fine for that
purpose.
If your friend already has them, why not just drive over and try one.
Comment about offset was for longer term use - people violate offset
convention regularly by having wheels stick out far further than they
were designed.
~~~~~~~~~
the preceeding witty repartee was amusing and not often seen at that
level in this group.
my own personal conclusion about "ornamentation" is that the best way
to make a Camry look great is to keep it bone stock but clean and
shiny.
I realize this is overkill for Camry, but I use Zaino products and it
really does make it a standout, plus, protecting the finish.

  Reply With Quote
Old 14 Sep 2005, 09:42 pm   #8 (permalink)
Vash the Stampede
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Lexus wheels on Camry

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 10:08:18 -0700, Daniel wrote:

> I am looking to get some new rims for permanently mounting snow tires
> ~~~~~~~~~~~
> I have seen Lexus rims on a Camry, so it should work fine for that
> purpose.
> If your friend already has them, why not just drive over and try one.
> Comment about offset was for longer term use - people violate offset
> convention regularly by having wheels stick out far further than they
> were designed.
> ~~~~~~~~~
> the preceeding witty repartee was amusing and not often seen at that
> level in this group.
> my own personal conclusion about "ornamentation" is that the best way
> to make a Camry look great is to keep it bone stock but clean and
> shiny.
> I realize this is overkill for Camry, but I use Zaino products and it
> really does make it a standout, plus, protecting the finish.


Why is that overkill? I use Zymol on an '85 Corolla GTS, an '88 Supra and
I Simonized an '85 Celica!

To some of us, our cars are the thing. If you have a newer car, and want
to keep it looking great, by all means, use what works!

My Corolla GTS ('hachiroku' in Driftspeak) looked absolutely fabulous
until I parked it 3 years ago due to rust. It will look fabulous again
next summer...

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:31 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.