Information on removing a 1998 Camry radio ...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Sep 2005, 12:04 am   #1 (permalink)
asdf
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Information on removing a 1998 Camry radio ...

Folks,

I need to remove a 1998 Camry radio and I need some pointers as to the
best way to do so. I have a 1998 Camry XLE and it has the fake wood inserts
on the bezel. I tried to pry the bezel with my hands, but I had no luck.
Before I break anything, I wanted to ask this news \group to see if anyone
has done this before or if it has any advise.

Actually, I am trying to install a 6 disk changer. But I might end up
replace the entire radio/cd player with an mp3 player that contains an AUX
input.

Thanks,
eric


  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2005, 02:29 pm   #2 (permalink)
Vash the Stampede
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Information on removing a 1998 Camry radio ...

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:04:07 -0400, asdf wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I need to remove a 1998 Camry radio and I need some pointers as to the
> best way to do so. I have a 1998 Camry XLE and it has the fake wood inserts
> on the bezel. I tried to pry the bezel with my hands, but I had no luck.
> Before I break anything, I wanted to ask this news \group to see if anyone
> has done this before or if it has any advise.
>
> Actually, I am trying to install a 6 disk changer. But I might end up
> replace the entire radio/cd player with an mp3 player that contains an AUX
> input.
>
> Thanks,
> eric


If the ash tray is under the radio, there are screws hodling the ash tray,
and probably the trim palte, too, in place. Pull the ash tray and remove
the screws, probably located on the metal piece that seals the tray.

THEN the trim piece should just pull out. Look for screws above the ash
tray, below the radio or heater control. They may only be visible by
looking up from the bottom.

  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2005, 02:36 pm   #3 (permalink)
asdf
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Information on removing a 1998 Camry radio ...

Thanks!

"Vash the Stampede" <Trigun@2am.cn> wrote in message
newsan.2005.09.23.06.32.06.822710@2am.cn...
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:04:07 -0400, asdf wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I need to remove a 1998 Camry radio and I need some pointers as to the
>> best way to do so. I have a 1998 Camry XLE and it has the fake wood
>> inserts
>> on the bezel. I tried to pry the bezel with my hands, but I had no luck.
>> Before I break anything, I wanted to ask this news \group to see if
>> anyone
>> has done this before or if it has any advise.
>>
>> Actually, I am trying to install a 6 disk changer. But I might end up
>> replace the entire radio/cd player with an mp3 player that contains an
>> AUX
>> input.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> eric

>
> If the ash tray is under the radio, there are screws hodling the ash tray,
> and probably the trim palte, too, in place. Pull the ash tray and remove
> the screws, probably located on the metal piece that seals the tray.
>
> THEN the trim piece should just pull out. Look for screws above the ash
> tray, below the radio or heater control. They may only be visible by
> looking up from the bottom.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Sep 2005, 05:23 pm   #4 (permalink)
Vash the Stampede
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Information on removing a 1998 Camry radio ...

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 14:36:26 -0400, asdf wrote:

> Thanks!


I assume it worked?
>
> "Vash the Stampede" <Trigun@2am.cn> wrote in message
> newsan.2005.09.23.06.32.06.822710@2am.cn...
>> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 00:04:07 -0400, asdf wrote:
>>
>>> Folks,
>>>
>>> I need to remove a 1998 Camry radio and I need some pointers as to the
>>> best way to do so. I have a 1998 Camry XLE and it has the fake wood
>>> inserts
>>> on the bezel. I tried to pry the bezel with my hands, but I had no luck.
>>> Before I break anything, I wanted to ask this news \group to see if
>>> anyone
>>> has done this before or if it has any advise.
>>>
>>> Actually, I am trying to install a 6 disk changer. But I might end up
>>> replace the entire radio/cd player with an mp3 player that contains an
>>> AUX
>>> input.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> eric

>>
>> If the ash tray is under the radio, there are screws hodling the ash tray,
>> and probably the trim palte, too, in place. Pull the ash tray and remove
>> the screws, probably located on the metal piece that seals the tray.
>>
>> THEN the trim piece should just pull out. Look for screws above the ash
>> tray, below the radio or heater control. They may only be visible by
>> looking up from the bottom.
>>


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.