1998 Camry Tires

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Dec 2005, 02:44 pm   #1 (permalink)
Fathergoose
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 1998 Camry Tires

Hey,
I own a 1998 Camry V-6.
My wife drives it.
I need tires soon and wanted to ask the group what brands and types people
recommend, please?

I have Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus 205/65R/15
Sears has them for $122.54 right now.

Does anyone have any comments on these or others and pricing for me?
thanks,
bill

--
~Bill~


  Reply With Quote
Old 03 Dec 2005, 03:08 pm   #2 (permalink)
m Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

I have the mxv4 go for it they are good .

  Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2005, 06:26 pm   #3 (permalink)
Wolfgang
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

Is that price plus all the extras - mtg, bal, hazzard, disposal, new stems?
If so - you can do better. Do you have a CostCo, Sam's or BJ's near by?
I've found they beet other local tire sources. Bridgstone is also a good --
and much less expensive tire. Michillin is top top though.


"Fathergoose" <mothergoose_enb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:etnkf.394$Bs2.387@trnddc01...
> Hey,
> I own a 1998 Camry V-6.
> My wife drives it.
> I need tires soon and wanted to ask the group what brands and types people
> recommend, please?
>
> I have Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus 205/65R/15
> Sears has them for $122.54 right now.
>
> Does anyone have any comments on these or others and pricing for me?
> thanks,
> bill
>
> --
> ~Bill~
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2005, 07:46 pm   #4 (permalink)
Fathergoose
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

No that price is for the tires only.
At Sears.
I have a Sam's Club near.
I want a good quality tire as it is for my wife but it doesn't have to be
top top exactly....
so I may try to shop around a bit and look into the options.
Thanks for posting.
bill
"Wolfgang" <NOwolfgang_dieterSPAM@cox.net> wrote in message
news:QOLkf.32730$0h5.12242@dukeread10...
> Is that price plus all the extras - mtg, bal, hazzard, disposal, new
> stems? If so - you can do better. Do you have a CostCo, Sam's or BJ's
> near by? I've found they beet other local tire sources. Bridgstone is
> also a good -- and much less expensive tire. Michillin is top top
> though.
>
>
> "Fathergoose" <mothergoose_enb@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:etnkf.394$Bs2.387@trnddc01...
>> Hey,
>> I own a 1998 Camry V-6.
>> My wife drives it.
>> I need tires soon and wanted to ask the group what brands and types
>> people recommend, please?
>>
>> I have Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus 205/65R/15
>> Sears has them for $122.54 right now.
>>
>> Does anyone have any comments on these or others and pricing for me?
>> thanks,
>> bill
>>
>> --
>> ~Bill~
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 04 Dec 2005, 11:30 pm   #5 (permalink)
Rob
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

Have michelin Harmony tires on my 97 camry, they are lasting well and
ride smooth and quiet.

  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Dec 2005, 06:06 pm   #6 (permalink)
Wolfgang
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

I personally would avoid the Micheline Harmony since they are only S or T
rated - hence probably why the soft ride as the sidewalls flex and build up
heat. Stick which same speed/load rating as your current tires unless its
only for short trips with little load.

"Rob" <robmurr@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1133760620.569480.206010@z14g2000cwz.googlegr oups.com...
> Have michelin Harmony tires on my 97 camry, they are lasting well and
> ride smooth and quiet.
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2005, 08:26 am   #7 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

check Yokohama at tirerack.com, or yokohamatire.com

generally represent very good value and quality

  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2005, 08:36 am   #8 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

Wolfgang wrote:
"S or T
rated - hence probably why the soft ride as the sidewalls flex and
build up
heat. *Stick which same speed/load rating as your current tires unless
its
only for short trips with little load. "
~~~~~~~~
Been using the "S" speed rated Yokohama AVID Touring for some time now,
very pleased with the ride, handling, low noise and long wear, plus
reasonable pricing.
Usually don't drive the car over 112 mph.
Have checked repeatedly after long highway runs on hot summer days, and
tires are never hot.
I suspect the greater danger is failing to check pressures regularly.
IMHO, underinflation is much more likely to cause overheating.
My tires always seemed surprisingly cool.
Because this topic comes up so frequently, and mine is the minority
opinion, I copied and saved the following from another group:
(not my words but I agree with the sentiment)
"What frickin' amazes ME is that so many people firmly believe that
tires
will magically disintegrate if taken briefly above their speed rating.
Its no wonder the economy is in such a mess with people spending their
money to buy stupidly overrated tires for their cars. *The speed rating

is related to heat dissipation, and is intended to represent the
maximum
SUSTAINED speed that will not damage the tires under any foreseeable
conditions. I'd be much more worried about getting tires with excellent

traction, good durability, and a good quiet ride than worrying about
the
stupid speed rating.

Of course you're right, when it comes to legalese. Accidents happen,
and
should high speed and a blown tire be involved, the lawyer brigade
would
try to pin it on an "under rated" tire and whoever sold it, even if the

tire still had a railroad spike sticking out of the sidewall.

Dan wrote:
> Tires with a higher speed rating often provide better handling
> (e.g., more precise turn in) than lower rated tires.


And some lower speed-rated tires will provide MUCH better handling and
traction than higher speed rated tires.

There's no "rule of thumb" here at all. It depends on the quality,
design, and construction, not the speed rating, of the tire." (end
quote)

  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2005, 12:24 pm   #9 (permalink)
m Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

Never heard of a blow out issue on Michelins and I know we never will,
who drives 112 ++

  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Dec 2005, 07:05 pm   #10 (permalink)
Fathergoose
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 1998 Camry Tires

Thanks to all who have commented to help decide for the tires for our 1998
Camry.
I have been following the thread and shall continue to do so.
I am doing shopping research.
Thanks again.
Bill
WV
USA


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.