95 Camry Front Brakes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2006, 06:40 pm   #1 (permalink)
Ed Warren
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 95 Camry Front Brakes

I have replaced front pads on other cars before. Am I going to have any
trouble replacing the pads on a 95 Camry? Is there anything I should know?
Any tricks? Anything I should really watch out for. Should this be done by a
real mechanic? Thanks.

Ed


  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2006, 10:03 am   #2 (permalink)
NickySantoro
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry Front Brakes

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:40:07 GMT, "Ed Warren" <zwarren@triad.rr.com>
wrote:

>I have replaced front pads on other cars before. Am I going to have any
>trouble replacing the pads on a 95 Camry? Is there anything I should know?
>Any tricks? Anything I should really watch out for. Should this be done by a
>real mechanic? Thanks.
>
>Ed
>

It's a pretty straight forward job. If you don't have a Haynes or
Chilton manual, buy one for about $20, read the brake section 10
times, THEN jack up the car.
  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2006, 02:26 pm   #3 (permalink)
m Ransley
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry Front Brakes

You need to resurface or replace rotors, for Diy replacing is best, you
will have more metal and less chance of warping in the future, ive seen
them done not a big deal but a manual is good idea.

  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2006, 11:02 pm   #4 (permalink)
aiuser
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry Front Brakes


Ed Warren wrote:
> I have replaced front pads on other cars before. Am I going to have any
> trouble replacing the pads on a 95 Camry? Is there anything I should know?
> Any tricks? Anything I should really watch out for. Should this be done by a
> real mechanic? Thanks.
>
> Ed


As long as you've done it on other cars, the procedure is the same
since most of them have the same basic design for front brakes. In
terms of the rotor, if it is in good condition (that is no grooves,
etc), you can just clean it with sandpaper and brake cleaner.

  Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2006, 11:03 pm   #5 (permalink)
aiuser
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry Front Brakes


Ed Warren wrote:
> I have replaced front pads on other cars before. Am I going to have any
> trouble replacing the pads on a 95 Camry? Is there anything I should know?
> Any tricks? Anything I should really watch out for. Should this be done by a
> real mechanic? Thanks.
>
> Ed


As long as you've done it on other cars, the procedure is the same
since most of them have the same basic design for front brakes. In
terms of the rotor, if it is in good condition (that is no grooves,
etc), you can just clean it with sandpaper and brake cleaner.

  Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2006, 03:00 am   #6 (permalink)
Jason James
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry Front Brakes


"Ed Warren" <zwarren@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
news:HjtKf.39102$%84.30869@tornado.southeast.rr.co m...
> I have replaced front pads on other cars before. Am I going to have any
> trouble replacing the pads on a 95 Camry? Is there anything I should know?
> Any tricks? Anything I should really watch out for. Should this be done by

a
> real mechanic? Thanks.


Dont forget to watch the master-cylinder doesn't overflow when you G-clamp
the caliper piston back into its bore to take the thicker new pads.

Jason


  Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2006, 04:13 pm   #7 (permalink)
davidj92
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry Front Brakes

Jason James wrote:
snip
> Dont forget to watch the master-cylinder doesn't overflow when you
> G-clamp the caliper piston back into its bore to take the thicker new
> pads.
>
> Jason


Actually you shouldn't push the fluid back into the master cylinder as you
are pushing contaminants back into proportioning valve(s) and master
cylinder. You should attach a hose to the bleeder valve, open valve and push
the fluid out into a drain pan. Then fill master cylinder with new fluid
when brake job is complete.
I know a lot of mechanics do this and I used to way back when but, it's not
recommended any more.
HTH, davidj92


  Reply With Quote
Old 22 Feb 2006, 07:14 pm   #8 (permalink)
Jason James
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 95 Camry Front Brakes


"davidj92" <davidj92REMOVE@sigecom.net> wrote in message
news:J72dnRg5ebqcf2HenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@sigecom.net. ..
> Jason James wrote:
> snip
> > Dont forget to watch the master-cylinder doesn't overflow when you
> > G-clamp the caliper piston back into its bore to take the thicker new
> > pads.
> >
> > Jason

>
> Actually you shouldn't push the fluid back into the master cylinder as you
> are pushing contaminants back into proportioning valve(s) and master
> cylinder. You should attach a hose to the bleeder valve, open valve and

push
> the fluid out into a drain pan. Then fill master cylinder with new fluid
> when brake job is complete.
> I know a lot of mechanics do this and I used to way back when but, it's

not
> recommended any more.
> HTH, davidj92


Fair enough,..makes good sense.

Jason


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.