94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Apr 2006, 03:14 pm   #1 (permalink)
Ramakrishna Devisetti
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

Hi,

My 1994 camry Hood lifts went bad.
I bougth pair of hood lifts in ebay..

Appreciate any help/pointers/suggestions/precautions to replace hood lifts.

Regards,
Rama



  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2006, 03:50 pm   #2 (permalink)
pws
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

Ramakrishna Devisetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My 1994 camry Hood lifts went bad.
> I bougth pair of hood lifts in ebay..
>
> Appreciate any help/pointers/suggestions/precautions to replace hood lifts.
>
> Regards,
> Rama


I assume that they are not factory if you got them on Ebay, I may be wrong.
I bought a pair of aftermarket hood lifts for a '94 Camry and they
attached to the car, (bottom part), with push-on clips that came loose
easily.
Make sure that the lifts are very securely mounted, that hood is heavy
and could do some serious damage to a person.

I ended up using my own bolts with lock-nuts to secure the lifts that I
bought. They have been holding up for about 2 years now with no problems.
Factory is almost always better, but there was a huge price difference
and the factory ones only lasted about 5 or 6 years anyway.

Pat
  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2006, 04:04 pm   #3 (permalink)
onehappymadman@yahoo.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

Where / how much did u pay for the lifts?

Napa wants $30 each, Autozone: $26 ea, www.toyotadiscountparts.com $45
each.

I've been using a small block of wood (about 5 inches wide x 3/4 inch
thick x 1 ft long), rescued from the fireplace, to secure my hood just
behind my shot lifts. (The wood stays in the trunk, just in case.)
Maybe it's time to replace em...

  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2006, 04:27 pm   #4 (permalink)
pws
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

onehappymadman@yahoo.com wrote:
> Where / how much did u pay for the lifts?
>
> Napa wants $30 each, Autozone: $26 ea, www.toyotadiscountparts.com $45
> each.
>
> I've been using a small block of wood (about 5 inches wide x 3/4 inch
> thick x 1 ft long), rescued from the fireplace, to secure my hood just
> behind my shot lifts. (The wood stays in the trunk, just in case.)
> Maybe it's time to replace em...
>


I got them at Vans Auto. They were just under $23.00 each, iirc, but
they may have gone up in price in the last 2 years.

I got to used to using a pole to hold the hood open, but it is so nice
to pop that latch and watch the hood rise up on its own with just a tiny
lift to get it started.

Pat
  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2006, 05:58 pm   #5 (permalink)
Ramakrishna Devisetti
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

I got these for $26.95 per pair and shipping is $9.00..
I will provide my feedback after I install..

So far I am using wardrobe poll (3/4" Dia). Thought of replacing..

Thanks for the comments.

-Rama

"pws" <pwshelton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
news:uPAZf.7129$yy4.3330@tornado.texas.rr.com...
> onehappymadman@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Where / how much did u pay for the lifts?
> >
> > Napa wants $30 each, Autozone: $26 ea, www.toyotadiscountparts.com $45
> > each.
> >
> > I've been using a small block of wood (about 5 inches wide x 3/4 inch
> > thick x 1 ft long), rescued from the fireplace, to secure my hood just
> > behind my shot lifts. (The wood stays in the trunk, just in case.)
> > Maybe it's time to replace em...
> >

>
> I got them at Vans Auto. They were just under $23.00 each, iirc, but
> they may have gone up in price in the last 2 years.
>
> I got to used to using a pole to hold the hood open, but it is so nice
> to pop that latch and watch the hood rise up on its own with just a tiny
> lift to get it started.
>
> Pat



  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Apr 2006, 06:29 pm   #6 (permalink)
onehappymadman@yahoo.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 94 Camry LE; 4cyl; How to replace Hood Lifts

Was it by seller "abcmarts"? Similar to auction # 8054074514 ?

Let us know how they work out...

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.