need help replacing a flasher unit for a 99 camry

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Jun 2006, 07:42 pm   #1 (permalink)
newsense14@gmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default need help replacing a flasher unit for a 99 camry

The Flasher Unit on my 99 Toyota Camry went bad and needs to be
replaced. I found the Flasher Unot but do not know how to remove it or
put a new one in. Please Help.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Jun 2006, 11:10 pm   #2 (permalink)
Mark A
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: need help replacing a flasher unit for a 99 camry

<newsense14@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1150159369.129849.76320@g10g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
> The Flasher Unit on my 99 Toyota Camry went bad and needs to be
> replaced. I found the Flasher Unot but do not know how to remove it or
> put a new one in. Please Help.
>


What are your symptoms? If the flasher is flashing rapidly, it is probably
not broken and the bulb is jsut loose in the socket. Search Google groups
archives for this newsgroup to find the exact "tricks" to making sure your
bulb fits tight in the socket and makes secure contact with the electrical
spring contacts.


  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Jun 2006, 09:30 pm   #3 (permalink)
johngdole@hotmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: need help replacing a flasher unit for a 99 camry

Good suggestion. The flasher unit hardly fails but the bulb sockets are
real problems.


Mark A wrote:
> <newsense14@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1150159369.129849.76320@g10g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
> > The Flasher Unit on my 99 Toyota Camry went bad and needs to be
> > replaced. I found the Flasher Unot but do not know how to remove it or
> > put a new one in. Please Help.
> >

>
> What are your symptoms? If the flasher is flashing rapidly, it is probably
> not broken and the bulb is jsut loose in the socket. Search Google groups
> archives for this newsgroup to find the exact "tricks" to making sure your
> bulb fits tight in the socket and makes secure contact with the electrical
> spring contacts.


  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2006, 02:14 pm   #4 (permalink)
newsense14@gmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: need help replacing a flasher unit for a 99 camry


johngdole@hotmail.com wrote:
> Good suggestion. The flasher unit hardly fails but the bulb sockets are
> real problems.
>
>
> Mark A wrote:
> > <newsense14@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:1150159369.129849.76320@g10g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
> > > The Flasher Unit on my 99 Toyota Camry went bad and needs to be
> > > replaced. I found the Flasher Unot but do not know how to remove it or
> > > put a new one in. Please Help.
> > >

> >
> > What are your symptoms? If the flasher is flashing rapidly, it is probably
> > not broken and the bulb is jsut loose in the socket. Search Google groups
> > archives for this newsgroup to find the exact "tricks" to making sure your
> > bulb fits tight in the socket and makes secure contact with the electrical
> > spring contacts.


The main problem that i'm running in to is that the left flasher will
not turn off. Both turn sygnals work just fine on their own but when I
turn on the left turn signal and turn it off the turn signal keeps
flashing at half power. I have tried changing the flasher unit but that
did nothing, the problem is still there.

  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jun 2006, 11:22 pm   #5 (permalink)
Mark A
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: need help replacing a flasher unit for a 99 camry

<newsense14@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1150485277.531430.288970@h76g2000cwa.googlegr oups.com...
>
> The main problem that i'm running in to is that the left flasher will
> not turn off. Both turn sygnals work just fine on their own but when I
> turn on the left turn signal and turn it off the turn signal keeps
> flashing at half power. I have tried changing the flasher unit but that
> did nothing, the problem is still there.
>


Since the loose spring contacts in the flasher bulb sockets are a known
problem, and easy to fix, I would start there before trying anything else.


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.