Low rpms when started warm engine

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Sep 2006, 10:36 pm   #1 (permalink)
Pszemol
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Low rpms when started warm engine

1995 camry 2,2l - the rpms are really low
and the engine is nor working smoothly
when started after a short stop...
Any pointers/ideas ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 24 Sep 2006, 08:47 am   #2 (permalink)
Daniel
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine

Pszemol wrote:
> 1995 camry 2,2l - the rpms are really low
> and the engine is nor working smoothly
> when started after a short stop...
> Any pointers/ideas ?

========================
More common to have problems with cold idle, but try searching this
group for "idle"

  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2006, 04:18 pm   #3 (permalink)
steve-o
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine


Daniel wrote:
> Pszemol wrote:
> > 1995 camry 2,2l - the rpms are really low
> > and the engine is nor working smoothly
> > when started after a short stop...
> > Any pointers/ideas ?

> ========================
> More common to have problems with cold idle, but try searching this
> group for "idle"

True. I had IAC issues on my '96. Cold Idle/fast idel at startup and
low rpms when not warmed up. Replacing the IAC solved the probem.

  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2006, 06:09 pm   #4 (permalink)
Pszemol
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine

"steve-o" <igt123@optonline.net> wrote in message news:1159478332.316176.310930@i3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
> Daniel wrote:
>> Pszemol wrote:
>> > 1995 camry 2,2l - the rpms are really low
>> > and the engine is nor working smoothly
>> > when started after a short stop...
>> > Any pointers/ideas ?

>> ========================
>> More common to have problems with cold idle, but try searching this
>> group for "idle"

> True. I had IAC issues on my '96. Cold Idle/fast idel at startup and
> low rpms when not warmed up. Replacing the IAC solved the probem.


Is this something inexpensive I could pick up at Auto parts store
and replace myself ? Or rather shop job item ?
I was trying to find it on Autozone.com and could not locate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 28 Sep 2006, 08:43 pm   #5 (permalink)
Jason James
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine


"Pszemol" <Pszemol@PolBox.com> wrote in message
news:efh34t.2s0.1@poczta.onet.pl...
> "steve-o" <igt123@optonline.net> wrote in message

news:1159478332.316176.310930@i3g2000cwc.googlegro ups.com...
> > Daniel wrote:
> >> Pszemol wrote:
> >> > 1995 camry 2,2l - the rpms are really low
> >> > and the engine is nor working smoothly
> >> > when started after a short stop...
> >> > Any pointers/ideas ?
> >> ========================
> >> More common to have problems with cold idle, but try searching this
> >> group for "idle"

> > True. I had IAC issues on my '96. Cold Idle/fast idel at startup and
> > low rpms when not warmed up. Replacing the IAC solved the probem.

>
> Is this something inexpensive I could pick up at Auto parts store
> and replace myself ? Or rather shop job item ?
> I was trying to find it on Autozone.com and could not locate.


If you do a google *groups* search using this group's title (dont forget the
fullstops) and the word "idle" as a search word in the first field or box,
you'll get a good description from posters like Daniel on how to clean the
IAC submitted in the past to this group. It normally will be OK for quite
sometime after that. Basically, you squirt some carby cleaner up the
throttle body, and *gently* scrub the area where the IAC valve is, with a
soft toothbrush, then flush it out etc.. Saves megabucks.

Jason


  Reply With Quote
Old 29 Sep 2006, 11:29 am   #6 (permalink)
Pszemol
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine

"Jason James" <home@work.1.0> wrote in message news:451c7a5b@news.comindico.com.au...
> If you do a google *groups* search using this group's title (dont forget the
> fullstops) and the word "idle" as a search word in the first field or box,
> you'll get a good description from posters like Daniel on how to clean the
> IAC submitted in the past to this group. It normally will be OK for quite
> sometime after that. Basically, you squirt some carby cleaner up the
> throttle body, and *gently* scrub the area where the IAC valve is, with a
> soft toothbrush, then flush it out etc.. Saves megabucks.


What if I have these megabucks and want to replace this thing ?
What keyword should I use to find it on autozone.com ?
I was looking for idle air, IAC and nothing for my camry.
Is this dealer-only part ? Are there other names in use for this ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2006, 11:44 am   #7 (permalink)
Jason James
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine


"Pszemol" <Pszemol@PolBox.com> wrote in message
news:efj02f.eo.0@poczta.onet.pl...
> "Jason James" <home@work.1.0> wrote in message

news:451c7a5b@news.comindico.com.au...
> > If you do a google *groups* search using this group's title (dont forget

the
> > fullstops) and the word "idle" as a search word in the first field or

box,
> > you'll get a good description from posters like Daniel on how to clean

the
> > IAC submitted in the past to this group. It normally will be OK for

quite
> > sometime after that. Basically, you squirt some carby cleaner up the
> > throttle body, and *gently* scrub the area where the IAC valve is, with

a
> > soft toothbrush, then flush it out etc.. Saves megabucks.

>
> What if I have these megabucks and want to replace this thing ?
> What keyword should I use to find it on autozone.com ?
> I was looking for idle air, IAC and nothing for my camry.
> Is this dealer-only part ? Are there other names in use for this ?


I agree its probably not available as a non-Toyota spare-part (I cant see
any after a net-search),...so its down to the local Toyota-Mahal. Take your
prayer-mat with you,..might get you a trade-price!

Jason


  Reply With Quote
Old 04 Oct 2006, 11:57 pm   #8 (permalink)
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine

You exaggerate...IAC replacement will be in the low 400 dollar range
depending on geography. You would want a dealership to do this kind of
work. I really can't see the gang at Pep Boys handling something like this.


"Jason James" <home@work.1.0> wrote in message
news:451ff051@news.comindico.com.au...
>
> "Pszemol" <Pszemol@PolBox.com> wrote in message
> news:efj02f.eo.0@poczta.onet.pl...
>> "Jason James" <home@work.1.0> wrote in message

> news:451c7a5b@news.comindico.com.au...
>> > If you do a google *groups* search using this group's title (dont
>> > forget

> the
>> > fullstops) and the word "idle" as a search word in the first field or

> box,
>> > you'll get a good description from posters like Daniel on how to clean

> the
>> > IAC submitted in the past to this group. It normally will be OK for

> quite
>> > sometime after that. Basically, you squirt some carby cleaner up the
>> > throttle body, and *gently* scrub the area where the IAC valve is, with

> a
>> > soft toothbrush, then flush it out etc.. Saves megabucks.

>>
>> What if I have these megabucks and want to replace this thing ?
>> What keyword should I use to find it on autozone.com ?
>> I was looking for idle air, IAC and nothing for my camry.
>> Is this dealer-only part ? Are there other names in use for this ?

>
> I agree its probably not available as a non-Toyota spare-part (I cant see
> any after a net-search),...so its down to the local Toyota-Mahal. Take
> your
> prayer-mat with you,..might get you a trade-price!
>
> Jason
>
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Oct 2006, 11:12 am   #9 (permalink)
Pszemol
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Low rpms when started warm engine

<psommerhalder@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message newsg0Vg.1802$NE6.132@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com ...
> You exaggerate...IAC replacement will be in the low 400 dollar range
> depending on geography. You would want a dealership to do this kind of
> work. I really can't see the gang at Pep Boys handling something like this.


What exactly is so difficult in this job ?
Have you got any experience in this subject?
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.