Camry hood prop

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30 Sep 2006, 07:25 pm   #1 (permalink)
Jay Fowler
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Camry hood prop

In my quest for a used Camry 95' to 02', I've looked at alot of used
Camrys. All but one, a 98' LE have had hydraulic piston hood props.
This one had the standard metal rod prop that sits into a recessed
hole on the hood. Has anyone else seen this type of prop on a 97' to
01' Camry ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2006, 10:47 pm   #2 (permalink)
Justa Lurker
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Camry hood prop

Jay Fowler wrote:
> In my quest for a used Camry 95' to 02', I've looked at alot of used
> Camrys. All but one, a 98' LE have had hydraulic piston hood props.
> This one had the standard metal rod prop that sits into a recessed
> hole on the hood. Has anyone else seen this type of prop on a 97' to
> 01' Camry ?


Yes, my 99 Camry LE has the metal rod to prop the hood open.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2006, 09:42 am   #3 (permalink)
mack
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Camry hood prop


"Justa Lurker" <JustaLurker@att.net> wrote in message
news:MTGTg.160151$QM6.124407@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
> Jay Fowler wrote:
>> In my quest for a used Camry 95' to 02', I've looked at alot of used
>> Camrys. All but one, a 98' LE have had hydraulic piston hood props.
>> This one had the standard metal rod prop that sits into a recessed
>> hole on the hood. Has anyone else seen this type of prop on a 97' to
>> 01' Camry ?

>
> Yes, my 99 Camry LE has the metal rod to prop the hood open.


So does my '97 LE. I sort of wish I had the hydraulic pistons instead.


  Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2006, 01:27 pm   #4 (permalink)
David In NH
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Camry hood prop


"mack" <mackerel@dslextreme.com> wrote in message
news:12hvkucnd408n38@corp.supernews.com...
>
> "Justa Lurker" <JustaLurker@att.net> wrote in message
> news:MTGTg.160151$QM6.124407@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
>> Jay Fowler wrote:
>>> In my quest for a used Camry 95' to 02', I've looked at alot of used
>>> Camrys. All but one, a 98' LE have had hydraulic piston hood props.
>>> This one had the standard metal rod prop that sits into a recessed
>>> hole on the hood. Has anyone else seen this type of prop on a 97' to
>>> 01' Camry ?

>>
>> Yes, my 99 Camry LE has the metal rod to prop the hood open.

>
> So does my '97 LE. I sort of wish I had the hydraulic pistons instead.
>


I had the metal rod on my '98 Camry LE and now have the pistons on my '02
XLE. I don't know how long the pistons will last before they need to be
replaced but the rod is original equipment and won't need replacement ever.


  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:55 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.