How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04 Nov 2006, 10:23 pm   #1 (permalink)
qq
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

Has anyone opened up to what the new Camry will do.

qq


  Reply With Quote
Old 05 Nov 2006, 05:38 pm   #2 (permalink)
mack
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?


"qq" <qurandc@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:9Hd3h.255700$1T2.52496@pd7urf2no...
> Has anyone opened up to what the new Camry will do.
>
> qq
>
>

fast enough to earn you a very serious ticket.


  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2006, 02:43 am   #3 (permalink)
Stan Wright
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

C'mon! No one has opened it up, yet? I've done my '07 SE with the
four-cylnder once, and if I had had a longer stretch I think I may have
gotten a little more out of it, but I got 105 out of mine.....I too, am
curious what it will do for top end--I've read that it can pop off a
0-60 in 6.2 seconds.....This car is going to be run in NASCAR this
coming season! Someone has to have had the gumption to see what the 268
ponies can do.......At the very least, maybe one of the automobile mags
will run a comparison of the Fusion vs. Monte Carlo vs. Charger vs.
Camry, just for the fun of it......


Stan

  Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2006, 05:28 am   #4 (permalink)
Charlie
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

I think that in the U.S. the limiting factor is the computer setting
that is a de facto governor. The exact maximum speed is determined by a
mechanic or production line worker keying in numbers to the car's
computer before the car is sold or released from production? Intended
maximums are very close to 100 MPH. Stopping distances at that speed
are more than most of us can deal with. Even slowing down to manageable
speeds is difficult. Forget those distance tables. On the street or
freeway there is not enough room, the driver cannot really see far
enough even if he is trying, other drivers do things all the time that
will be mutually fatal without knowing or caring. Or at least not until
they are getting angry at you while standing in line at the Pearly Gates.

Tire rotational design speeds are not up to it either. Some tires are
only intended for 50 to 70 MPH and then only for short periods of time.
Better highway tires are designed for maybe 110 cruise (maximum) but
that is pressing your luck. Some tires really are intended for extreme
speeds but are Very Expensive and there are other trade-offs. The tire
dealer has charts for the designations molded into the sidewall of the
tire. And the designations can be found on the web.

I have heard stories from military guys, originally about Germany on
the Autobahn but lately about Saudi Arabia. Usually the cars in these
stories are Mercedes that have no controls limiting maximum speeds.
Maximum speeds the engine and drive train are capable of are at aircraft
levels ("about 250 when he hit that thing in the road/when that wheel
disintegrated. . .") and the consequent wrecks when something goes wrong
look like the crashes of small jets. Wreckage and often body parts
("see? Right there? Looks like a chunk of his liver! And over there?
That flag? That's his heart. . .") spread for hundreds of yards or
nearly a mile if not sometimes more.

Stan Wright wrote:
> C'mon! No one has opened it up, yet? I've done my '07 SE with the
> four-cylnder once, and if I had had a longer stretch I think I may have
> gotten a little more out of it, but I got 105 out of mine.....I too, am
> curious what it will do for top end--
> Stan
>

  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2006, 02:34 am   #5 (permalink)
Stan Wright
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?


You take all the fun out of the original question! Unfortunately,
you are right--wrecks during NASCAR races are ugly, and they are
intended to survive high speed mishaps. Not having a cage surrounding
you and seats/belts that make you one with that cage, leaves a huge
roadside mess.......

  Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2006, 10:07 am   #6 (permalink)
Gary
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

Stan Wright wrote:
> You take all the fun out of the original question! Unfortunately,
> you are right--wrecks during NASCAR races are ugly, and they are
> intended to survive high speed mishaps. Not having a cage surrounding
> you and seats/belts that make you one with that cage, leaves a huge
> roadside mess.......
>

I have an 07 v6. Just trust me when I tell you it will go faster than
you ever need to go. I've driven Toyotas for years now and have
generally had 4's. The I4 in the 07 Camry in my mind is just too much of
a weight to power compromise at sea level and likely even more
underpowered at altitude. The v6 is overkill, but I understand it costs
less to build than the 3.3. Barely any substantial difference in
mileage. For the little it costs extra, get the v6 and go easy on the
reostat at your toe. (Accelerator is electric).

  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2006, 11:45 am   #7 (permalink)
qq
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

Hey, I didn't want anyone going out and killing themselves just to satisfy
my curiosity.
So far, my number is 150 k/hr.
I have about 9,000 kilometers on my LE V6 and I just love the car. Its the
first Toyota I have owned and I am glad I bought it.
I turned 68 last month and I am sort of past the "lets go out and open her
up" stage, but I am curious that if anyone else had decided to live
dangerously, they could share their experience with us poor old farts who
have more memories than guts, meaning, I remember doing those things but I
now longer have the guts to do it.
I was showing a buddy my new car and I must admit, that off the light, it
will get up to 150 clicks rather quickly,, but that's as far as I dared go
on that piece of road.
The legal speed limit in Alberta is usually 110 k and at that speed my
little old V6 is ticking over at about 2000 rpm and is real happy. I guess
that is why I am getting 28 mpg in city driving and my best so far is 37 mpg
on the highway, but more often its 36 hiway and that's good enough for me.
Those miles are based on the imperial gallon. Toyota claims 40 mpg and I
suppose at 100 clicks and no air, you could make that easy.

As for the V6 versus the 4cy argument, I would take the 6 everytime,
especially for hiway driving. It just doesn't have to work as hard and I
think will give you a lot more miles over the life of the car and the gas
milage is about the same. Of course, if your very heavy footed when
driving in the city then those horses want to be fed and all bets are off.

Looks like I am the first to give a number.

qq



"qq" <qurandc@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:9Hd3h.255700$1T2.52496@pd7urf2no...
> Has anyone opened up to what the new Camry will do.
>
> qq
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2006, 11:47 am   #8 (permalink)
qq
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

My apologies to Stan, he was the first to give a number, never caught it
until I had already posted the previous message.

qq


"qq" <qurandc@shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:K4J5h.300001$R63.2525@pd7urf1no...
> Hey, I didn't want anyone going out and killing themselves just to satisfy
> my curiosity.
> So far, my number is 150 k/hr.
> I have about 9,000 kilometers on my LE V6 and I just love the car. Its
> the first Toyota I have owned and I am glad I bought it.
> I turned 68 last month and I am sort of past the "lets go out and open her
> up" stage, but I am curious that if anyone else had decided to live
> dangerously, they could share their experience with us poor old farts who
> have more memories than guts, meaning, I remember doing those things but I
> now longer have the guts to do it.
> I was showing a buddy my new car and I must admit, that off the light, it
> will get up to 150 clicks rather quickly,, but that's as far as I dared go
> on that piece of road.
> The legal speed limit in Alberta is usually 110 k and at that speed my
> little old V6 is ticking over at about 2000 rpm and is real happy. I
> guess that is why I am getting 28 mpg in city driving and my best so far
> is 37 mpg on the highway, but more often its 36 hiway and that's good
> enough for me. Those miles are based on the imperial gallon. Toyota
> claims 40 mpg and I suppose at 100 clicks and no air, you could make that
> easy.
>
> As for the V6 versus the 4cy argument, I would take the 6 everytime,
> especially for hiway driving. It just doesn't have to work as hard and I
> think will give you a lot more miles over the life of the car and the gas
> milage is about the same. Of course, if your very heavy footed when
> driving in the city then those horses want to be fed and all bets are off.
>
> Looks like I am the first to give a number.
>
> qq
>
>
>
> "qq" <qurandc@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:9Hd3h.255700$1T2.52496@pd7urf2no...
>> Has anyone opened up to what the new Camry will do.
>>
>> qq
>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2006, 08:31 am   #9 (permalink)
Stan Wright
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

No apologies necessary. Still haven't seen many postings on
this......Guess the Camry enthusiasts here are rather staid and use
their cars for transportation, not fun. Then again, most people don't
get a Camry to drive fast in.....


Stan

  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Nov 2006, 11:26 am   #10 (permalink)
Don Fearn
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: How Fast Will the 2007 V6 go?

I think it was smwright@webtv.net (Stan Wright) who stated:

> No apologies necessary. Still haven't seen many postings on
>this......Guess the Camry enthusiasts here are rather staid and use
>their cars for transportation, not fun. Then again, most people don't
>get a Camry to drive fast in.....


That's correct.

My Camry is an '05 SE, so it performs pretty well -- but only for a
Camry.

For fast I prefer my BMW; the one with the right number of wheels for
fun: TWO!

-Don (riding his R1100S until the snow comes and stays)
--
"What do *you* care what other people think?" --Arline Feynman
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.