need battery suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17 Aug 2011, 07:31 pm   #1 (permalink)
Adam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default need battery suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help

Auto: 2000 Lexus ES300
Battery: Interstate MTP-24F (January 2008)

My Lexus is starting abnormally (it cranks).
What's a good replacement battery?


  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2011, 12:53 am   #2 (permalink)
larry moe 'n curly
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: need battery suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help



Adam wrote:
>
> Auto: 2000 Lexus ES300
> Battery: Interstate MTP-24F (January 2008)
>
> My Lexus is starting abnormally (it cranks).
> What's a good replacement battery?


Are you sure it's your battery? 3-4 years is the average age when
batteries konk out for good, but you'd better check your charging
system because a bad one can ruin a new battery in a few weeks.

Interstate is made by Johnson Controls, which also produces Sears
Diehard (most but not the Platinums -- Deka/East Penn makes those),
Motorcraft, Costco Kirkland, Walmart Everstart/Maxx, AutoZone
Duralast, Eveready, Advance Auto, and I think Bosch. I don't think
Consumer Reports has found any of these JC brands to be better than
others, and each year they test batteries, they get different
results. I believe all of these are low maintenance, not maintenance-
free, except for Eveready. Low maintenance can be better if you
forget to turn off the lights overnight because maintenance-free can
be ruined for good if you do that just 1-2 times.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2011, 01:21 pm   #3 (permalink)
Adam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: need battery suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help


"larry moe 'n curly" <larrymoencurly@my-deja.com> wrote in message
news:fc4912cb-b2b8-4d59-81ce-85b2245eb04d@j9g2000prj.googlegroups.com...
>
>
> Adam wrote:
> >
> > Auto: 2000 Lexus ES300
> > Battery: Interstate MTP-24F (January 2008)
> >
> > My Lexus is starting abnormally (it cranks).
> > What's a good replacement battery?

>
> Are you sure it's your battery? 3-4 years is the average age when
> batteries konk out for good, but you'd better check your charging
> system because a bad one can ruin a new battery in a few weeks.
>
> Interstate is made by Johnson Controls, which also produces Sears
> Diehard (most but not the Platinums -- Deka/East Penn makes those),
> Motorcraft, Costco Kirkland, Walmart Everstart/Maxx, AutoZone
> Duralast, Eveready, Advance Auto, and I think Bosch. I don't think
> Consumer Reports has found any of these JC brands to be better than
> others, and each year they test batteries, they get different
> results. I believe all of these are low maintenance, not maintenance-
> free, except for Eveready. Low maintenance can be better if you
> forget to turn off the lights overnight because maintenance-free can
> be ruined for good if you do that just 1-2 times.


Thanks, I will look into the batteries mentioned.
It's time to replace the battery anyways. So, will try that first.
Will look further if that doesn't make things better.


  Reply With Quote
Old 19 Aug 2011, 02:53 pm   #4 (permalink)
Hachiroku
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: need battery suggestions (for 2000 Lexus ES300) - please help

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:21:52 -0700, Adam wrote:

>
> "larry moe 'n curly" <larrymoencurly@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> news:fc4912cb-b2b8-4d59-81ce-85b2245eb04d@j9g2000prj.googlegroups.com...
>>
>>
>> Adam wrote:
>> >
>> > Auto: 2000 Lexus ES300
>> > Battery: Interstate MTP-24F (January 2008)
>> >
>> > My Lexus is starting abnormally (it cranks).
>> > What's a good replacement battery?

>>
>> Are you sure it's your battery? 3-4 years is the average age when
>> batteries konk out for good, but you'd better check your charging
>> system because a bad one can ruin a new battery in a few weeks.
>>
>> Interstate is made by Johnson Controls, which also produces Sears
>> Diehard (most but not the Platinums -- Deka/East Penn makes those),
>> Motorcraft, Costco Kirkland, Walmart Everstart/Maxx, AutoZone
>> Duralast, Eveready, Advance Auto, and I think Bosch. I don't think
>> Consumer Reports has found any of these JC brands to be better than
>> others, and each year they test batteries, they get different
>> results. I believe all of these are low maintenance, not maintenance-
>> free, except for Eveready. Low maintenance can be better if you
>> forget to turn off the lights overnight because maintenance-free can
>> be ruined for good if you do that just 1-2 times.

>
> Thanks, I will look into the batteries mentioned.
> It's time to replace the battery anyways. So, will try that first.
> Will look further if that doesn't make things better.



I go with Exide, aince they make Toyota's OEM batteries, and I have gotten
over 7 years out of three Toyota batteries.

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.