2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2011, 03:52 pm   #1 (permalink)
Sev
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working

2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working dash fuses look ok
seem to recall this happening a few years ago, forget what the cause
was- underhood inline fuse? If so, location? Didn't see a likely
culprit during a quick check of underhood fuses.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2011, 11:55 am   #2 (permalink)
Jeff Strickland
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working


"Sev" <servdemon@aol.com> wrote in message
news:c467867b-ed96-4a9b-9203-d14e0e376ded@s26g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
> 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working dash fuses look ok
> seem to recall this happening a few years ago, forget what the cause
> was- underhood inline fuse? If so, location? Didn't see a likely
> culprit during a quick check of underhood fuses.




9v? Really?

They are 12v... And the fuses are likely in the passenger compartment
someplace. The power ports look like cigarette lighter holes, these are 12v
and they frequently only operate when the key is on.





  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2011, 12:32 pm   #3 (permalink)
NotMe
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working


"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:jc5f67$vpf$1@dont-email.me...
>
> "Sev" <servdemon@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:c467867b-ed96-4a9b-9203-d14e0e376ded@s26g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...
>> 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working dash fuses look ok
>> seem to recall this happening a few years ago, forget what the cause
>> was- underhood inline fuse? If so, location? Didn't see a likely
>> culprit during a quick check of underhood fuses.

>
>
>
> 9v? Really?
>
> They are 12v... And the fuses are likely in the passenger compartment
> someplace. The power ports look like cigarette lighter holes, these are
> 12v and they frequently only operate when the key is on.
>


Might add that the problem *might* be the ground line in the plug or
elsewhere in the vhicle


  Reply With Quote
Old 12 Dec 2011, 04:51 pm   #4 (permalink)
Conscience
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working

On 2011-12-12 09:55:18 -0800, "Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> said:

>
> "Sev" <servdemon@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:c467867b-ed96-4a9b-9203-d14e0e376ded@s26g2000yqd.googlegroups.com...

2000
>
>> Avalon 9v power outlets not working dash fuses look ok
>> seem to recall this happening a few years ago, forget what the cause
>> was- underhood inline fuse? If so, location? Didn't see a likely
>> culprit during a quick check of underhood fuses.

>
>
>
> 9v? Really?
>
> They are 12v... And the fuses are likely in the passenger compartment
> someplace. The power ports look like cigarette lighter holes, these are
> 12v and they frequently only operate when the key is on.


I believe those fuses may be in the front "kick panels" on either side
of the vehicle.

--
"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
office." --Aesop

  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2011, 03:02 pm   #5 (permalink)
Michael
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working

> I believe those fuses may be in the front "kick panels" on either side
> of the vehicle.
>
> --
> "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
> office." --Aesop



You're back! How was the vacation?
  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2011, 03:10 pm   #6 (permalink)
Conscience
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working

On 2011-12-13 13:02:25 -0800, Michael <mrdarrett@gmail.com> said:

>> I believe those fuses may be in the front "kick panels" on either side
>> of the vehicle.
>>
>> --
>> "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
>> office." --Aesop

>
>
> You're back! How was the vacation?


A little on the short side. My wife came down with the flu, so we took
an earlier flight home when she felt well enough to fly.

--
"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
office." --Aesop

  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2011, 03:34 pm   #7 (permalink)
Michael
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working

On Dec 13, 1:10*pm, Conscience <obama...@fraud.gov> wrote:
> On 2011-12-13 13:02:25 -0800, Michael <mrdarr...@gmail.com> said:
>
> >> I believe those fuses may be in the front "kick panels" on either side
> >> of the vehicle.

>
> >> --
> >> "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
> >> office." --Aesop

>
> > You're back! *How was the vacation?

>
> A little on the short side. *My wife came down with the flu, so we took
> an earlier flight home when she felt well enough to fly.
>
> --
> "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
> office." --Aesop



Ah, sorry to hear about that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 13 Dec 2011, 06:17 pm   #8 (permalink)
Conscience
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2000 Avalon 9v power outlets not working

On 2011-12-13 13:34:21 -0800, Michael <mrdarrett@gmail.com> said:

> On Dec 13, 1:10*pm, Conscience <obama...@fraud.gov> wrote:
>> On 2011-12-13 13:02:25 -0800, Michael <mrdarr...@gmail.com> said:
>>
>>>> I believe those fuses may be in the front "kick panels" on either side
>>>> of the vehicle.

>>
>>>> --
>>>> "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
>>>> office." --Aesop

>>
>>> You're back! *How was the vacation?

>>
>> A little on the short side. *My wife came down with the flu, so we took
>> an earlier flight home when she felt well enough to fly.
>>
>> --
>> "We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
>> office." --Aesop

>
>
> Ah, sorry to hear about that.


Thanks, but we'll be going back there in six months or so. And we'll
make up for the short trip. :-)

--
"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public
office." --Aesop

  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.