toyota pickup electric fan conversion

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Jul 2012, 11:40 pm   #1 (permalink)
jim beam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default toyota pickup electric fan conversion

i'm researching this, and see multiple reference to people using the fan
and shroud from a taurus for their 22r conversion. but i can't see
anything referencing /which/ taurus. anyone know the year?


--
fact check required
  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2012, 02:19 am   #2 (permalink)
jim beam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: toyota pickup electric fan conversion

On 07/16/2012 03:57 AM, Steve W. wrote:
> jim beam wrote:
>> i'm researching this, and see multiple reference to people using the
>> fan and shroud from a taurus for their 22r conversion. but i can't see
>> anything referencing /which/ taurus. anyone know the year?
>>
>>

>
> 91-95 unit from a 3.8 Taurus if it's the mod I'm thinking of that uses
> the fan and aftermarket controller.


yes, aftermarket controller.

great, thanks dude!


--
fact check required
  Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2012, 05:57 am   #3 (permalink)
Steve W.
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: toyota pickup electric fan conversion

jim beam wrote:
> i'm researching this, and see multiple reference to people using the fan
> and shroud from a taurus for their 22r conversion. but i can't see
> anything referencing /which/ taurus. anyone know the year?
>
>


91-95 unit from a 3.8 Taurus if it's the mod I'm thinking of that uses
the fan and aftermarket controller.

--
Steve W.
  Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2012, 03:04 am   #4 (permalink)
jim beam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota pickup electric fan conversion

On 07/20/2012 03:15 AM, Daniel who wants to know wrote:
> "jim beam" wrote in message news:ju16rr$o5g$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> yes, aftermarket controller.

>
>> great, thanks dude!

>
>
> If it is the same as the one from a Lincoln Continental of the same year
> range (which it should be, same platform) be sure to get the Maxi fuse
> sized circuit breaker adapter harness too, it was part of a recall
> involving fires when the fan blade got jammed by snow, Etc..


ok, good to know. thank you.


--
fact check required
  Reply With Quote
Old 20 Jul 2012, 05:15 am   #5 (permalink)
Daniel who wants to know
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota pickup electric fan conversion

"jim beam" wrote in message news:ju16rr$o5g$1@dont-email.me...

> yes, aftermarket controller.


> great, thanks dude!



If it is the same as the one from a Lincoln Continental of the same year
range (which it should be, same platform) be sure to get the Maxi fuse sized
circuit breaker adapter harness too, it was part of a recall involving fires
when the fan blade got jammed by snow, Etc..

  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:26 pm   #6 (permalink)
Ashton Crusher
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota pickup electric fan conversion

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 05:15:24 -0500, "Daniel who wants to know"
<me@here.edu> wrote:

>"jim beam" wrote in message news:ju16rr$o5g$1@dont-email.me...
>
>> yes, aftermarket controller.

>
>> great, thanks dude!

>
>
>If it is the same as the one from a Lincoln Continental of the same year
>range (which it should be, same platform) be sure to get the Maxi fuse sized
>circuit breaker adapter harness too, it was part of a recall involving fires
>when the fan blade got jammed by snow, Etc..


I always wondered why some of the fans in the cars in the junkyard had
that extra part and other didn't.
  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jul 2012, 09:39 pm   #7 (permalink)
jim beam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota pickup electric fan conversion

On 07/23/2012 07:26 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2012 05:15:24 -0500, "Daniel who wants to know"
> <me@here.edu> wrote:
>
>> "jim beam" wrote in message news:ju16rr$o5g$1@dont-email.me...
>>
>>> yes, aftermarket controller.

>>
>>> great, thanks dude!

>>
>>
>> If it is the same as the one from a Lincoln Continental of the same year
>> range (which it should be, same platform) be sure to get the Maxi fuse sized
>> circuit breaker adapter harness too, it was part of a recall involving fires
>> when the fan blade got jammed by snow, Etc..

>
> I always wondered why some of the fans in the cars in the junkyard had
> that extra part and other didn't.


looking into this excellent tip further, if i'm getting the frod
two-speed fan, i think i'm going to also use the frod relay controls
rather than the uber-expensive and potentially problematic pwm
aftermarket controller. two speeds is more than enough, and variable
speed is pretty much completely unnecessary - especially since i've seen
these controllers cause electrical noise issues with some of the older
electronic ignitions. and the sensors they use are so fragile, they're
a joke.


--
fact check required
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.