30,000 mile service maintenance

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Aug 2012, 02:52 pm   #1 (permalink)
marc
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 30,000 mile service maintenance

I have a 2003 Avalon, with about 33,000 miles,
and I'm about to have the 30k service done.

what I want is:
a coolant change
new spark plugs
full transmission fluid change
belt, hose, brake inspection

any thoughts, or do's/don'ts?
should I have it done with a Toyota dealer?

thanks
marc
  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2012, 03:39 pm   #2 (permalink)
Mark
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 30,000 mile service maintenance

All of those things are easy to do yourself, but I have no quibbles with them. Is the coolant 10 years old? Longest I would let it go is maybe 5 years.


On Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:52:09 PM UTC-4, marc wrote:
> I have a 2003 Avalon, with about 33,000 miles,
>
> and I'm about to have the 30k service done.
>
>
>
> what I want is:
>
> a coolant change
>
> new spark plugs
>
> full transmission fluid change
>
> belt, hose, brake inspection
>
>
>
> any thoughts, or do's/don'ts?
>
> should I have it done with a Toyota dealer?
>
>
>
> thanks
>
> marc


  Reply With Quote
Old 23 Aug 2012, 04:45 pm   #3 (permalink)
marc
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 30,000 mile service maintenance

On Thursday, August 23, 2012 12:39:52 PM UTC-7, Mark wrote:
> All of those things are easy to do yourself, but I have no quibbles with them. Is the coolant 10 years old? Longest I would let it go is maybe 5 years.
>
>
>
>
>
> On Thursday, August 23, 2012 2:52:09 PM UTC-4, marc wrote:
>
> > I have a 2003 Avalon, with about 33,000 miles,

>
> >

>
> > and I'm about to have the 30k service done.

>
> >

>
> >

>
> >

>
> > what I want is:

>
> >

>
> > a coolant change

>
> >

>
> > new spark plugs

>
> >

>
> > full transmission fluid change

>
> >

>
> > belt, hose, brake inspection

>
> >

>
> >

>
> >

>
> > any thoughts, or do's/don'ts?

>
> >

>
> > should I have it done with a Toyota dealer?

>
> >

>
> >

>
> >

>
> > thanks

>
> >

>
> > marc


the coolant is original,
other than adding some on occasion

since I can't do it myself, I thought a
Toyota dealer might be better than a smaller
place, since they handle mostly Toyotas.

marc
  Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2012, 11:55 am   #4 (permalink)
Daniel who wants to know
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 30,000 mile service maintenance

> "marc" wrote in message
> news:97650415-89be-4b28-bd49-015ed0fc2610@googlegroups.com...
>
> I have a 2003 Avalon, with about 33,000 miles,
> and I'm about to have the 30k service done.
>
> what I want is:
> a coolant change
> new spark plugs
> full transmission fluid change
> belt, hose, brake inspection
>
> any thoughts, or do's/don'ts?
> should I have it done with a Toyota dealer?
>
> thanks
> marc


If the OE spark plugs are iridium they don't need to be replaced yet, just
removed, inspected, and re-torqued with some fresh anti-seize on the
threads.

  Reply With Quote
Old 25 Aug 2012, 02:09 pm   #5 (permalink)
marc
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 30,000 mile service maintenance

On Saturday, August 25, 2012 8:55:06 AM UTC-7, Daniel who wants to know wrote:
> > "marc" wrote in message

>
> > news:97650415-89be-4b28-bd49-015ed0fc2610@googlegroups.com...

>
> >

>
> > I have a 2003 Avalon, with about 33,000 miles,

>
> > and I'm about to have the 30k service done.

>
> >

>
> > what I want is:

>
> > a coolant change

>
> > new spark plugs

>
> > full transmission fluid change

>
> > belt, hose, brake inspection

>
> >

>
> > any thoughts, or do's/don'ts?

>
> > should I have it done with a Toyota dealer?

>
> >

>
> > thanks

>
> > marc

>
>
>
> If the OE spark plugs are iridium they don't need to be replaced yet, just
>
> removed, inspected, and re-torqued with some fresh anti-seize on the
>
> threads.


I think they are iridium, according to manual.
And I think the maintenace schedule
calls for replacement, but I'm not positive.

another reason to take it to a Toyota dealer,
and ask them
[I'll re-read the manual]

thanks
marc
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.