Re: 2002 1MZ-FE (VVT-i) timing belt / water pump change

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2013, 03:58 pm   #1 (permalink)
Geoff Welsh
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2002 1MZ-FE (VVT-i) timing belt / water pump change

mrdarrett@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Every tutorial on the web I see implies it's really easy to remove the wiring harness on top of the top timing belt cover (#3?) but I can't figure out how to do it.
>
> How is it done?


hopefully u got this figured by now? I honestly can't picture in my
head how you are/were stuck.

(and my first thought "use your hands" seemed like a derisive response...)

GW
  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2013, 10:30 am   #2 (permalink)
mrdarrett@gmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2002 1MZ-FE (VVT-i) timing belt / water pump change

On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:58:40 PM UTC-7, Geoff Welsh wrote:
> mrdarrett@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,

>
> >

>
> > Every tutorial on the web I see implies it's really easy to remove the wiring harness on top of the top timing belt cover (#3?) but I can't figure out how to do it.

>
> >

>
> > How is it done?

>
>
>
> hopefully u got this figured by now? I honestly can't picture in my
>
> head how you are/were stuck.
>
>
>
> (and my first thought "use your hands" seemed like a derisive response...)
>
>
>
> GW



I found a picture online eventually and got it. Got the water pump out too; I just have a mystery gold washer that fell out, not referred to in any diagram
  Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2013, 11:55 pm   #3 (permalink)
Hachiroku ハチロク
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2002 1MZ-FE (VVT-i) timing belt / water pump change

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 08:30:26 -0700, mrdarrett wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:58:40 PM UTC-7, Geoff Welsh wrote:
>> mrdarrett@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> > Hi guys,

>>
>>
>> >
>> > Every tutorial on the web I see implies it's really easy to remove
>> > the wiring harness on top of the top timing belt cover (#3?) but I
>> > can't figure out how to do it.

>>
>>
>> >
>> > How is it done?

>>
>>
>>
>> hopefully u got this figured by now? I honestly can't picture in my
>>
>> head how you are/were stuck.
>>
>>
>>
>> (and my first thought "use your hands" seemed like a derisive
>> response...)
>>
>>
>>
>> GW

>
>
> I found a picture online eventually and got it. Got the water pump out
> too; I just have a mystery gold washer that fell out, not referred to in
> any diagram


That's a crush washer, like a gasket that probably goes over one of the
bolts. Look for a weep hole or a place where water (coolant) could get
by.
  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2013, 03:35 pm   #4 (permalink)
Geoff Welsh
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2002 1MZ-FE (VVT-i) timing belt / water pump change

mrdarrett@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:58:40 PM UTC-7, Geoff Welsh wrote:


>>
>> hopefully u got this figured by now?

>
> I found a picture online eventually and got it. Got the water pump
> out too; I just have a mystery gold washer that fell out, not
> referred to in any diagram


See if it goes behind the tensioner on the pivot bolt. There's one on
the 3400 truck engine, for sure, not sure on car v6.

GW
  Reply With Quote
Old 27 Jun 2013, 05:46 pm   #5 (permalink)
mrdarrett@gmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 2002 1MZ-FE (VVT-i) timing belt / water pump change

On Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:35:17 PM UTC-7, Geoff Welsh wrote:
> mrdarrett@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 1:58:40 PM UTC-7, Geoff Welsh wrote:

>
>
>
> >>

>
> >> hopefully u got this figured by now?

>
> >

>
> > I found a picture online eventually and got it. Got the water pump

>
> > out too; I just have a mystery gold washer that fell out, not

>
> > referred to in any diagram

>
>
>
> See if it goes behind the tensioner on the pivot bolt. There's one on
>
> the 3400 truck engine, for sure, not sure on car v6.
>
>
>
> GW



Yup that's where it goes, thanks!
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:06 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.