Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460,IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Jul 2010, 08:54 pm   #1 (permalink)
john
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460,IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

The company announced the latest quality problems last week, estimated
to affect about 270,000 vehicles around the world. Some 180,000 of the
defective automobiles were sold overseas, 138,000 of them in the
United States.

No accidents or injuries have been reported because of the defect.
About 220 complaints have been reported.

Toyota said it was replacing the valve spring in the recalled
vehicles, produced between July 2005 and August 2008 -- Lexus models
GS350, GS450h, GS460, IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL and Crown models.

From The Detroit News:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz0sxBXUqGj
  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2010, 10:49 pm   #2 (permalink)
mcbrue
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460,IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

So what will that do to the cost of extended warranty contracts?

Will the Lexus reputation be able to spring back after this, do you
suppose?


Always a pleasure to see such a stable and sober leader of the
community coming in here to help us keep things in perspective.
Thanks!


  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2010, 11:30 pm   #3 (permalink)
Larry Pollard
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460, IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

Hey John, when I look up randomly selected cards on

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov

I can clearly see that Toyota / Lexus typically have fewer recalls and
of less severity than Ford or GM. So what's your agenda, really?
American carmaker sent you to Mexico and your wife left you for the
gardner named Raoul shortly thereafter? Have no fear, the Japanese
are still making their cars in America, just apply for a job at
Toyota.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2010, 11:32 pm   #4 (permalink)
Gary L. Burnore
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460, IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 23:30:53 -0400, Larry Pollard <lpol@gbustmail.com>
wrote:

>Hey John, when I look up randomly selected cards on
>
>http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov
>
>I can clearly see that Toyota / Lexus typically have fewer recalls and
>of less severity than Ford or GM. So what's your agenda, really?


His best girl left him for a toyota tech.

>American carmaker sent you to Mexico and your wife left you for the
>gardner named Raoul shortly thereafter? Have no fear, the Japanese
>are still making their cars in America, just apply for a job at
>Toyota.

--
gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
How you look depends on where you go.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gary L. Burnore | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
.. | ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
| ۳ݳ޳ݳۺݳ޳ݳݳ޳ݳ۳
.. | 0 1 7 2 3 / ݳ 3 7 4 9 3 0 ۳
Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase
================================================== =========================
  Reply With Quote
Old 06 Jul 2010, 11:59 pm   #5 (permalink)
jim beam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460,IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

On 07/06/2010 08:30 PM, Larry Pollard wrote:
> Hey John, when I look up randomly selected cards on
>
> http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov
>
> I can clearly see that Toyota / Lexus typically have fewer recalls and
> of less severity than Ford or GM. So what's your agenda, really?
> American carmaker sent you to Mexico and your wife left you for the
> gardner named Raoul shortly thereafter? Have no fear, the Japanese
> are still making their cars in America,


which is more than can be said for g.m. with all their drive shafts,
brakes, instruments, engine computers, seats, glass and wiring harnesses
being made in china thanks to american taxpayer bailout dollars.


> just apply for a job at
> Toyota.



--
nomina rutrum rutrum
  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2010, 10:22 am   #6 (permalink)
Heywood Jablowme
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460, IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL



"Gary L. Burnore" <gburnore@databasix.com> wrote in message
news:i10s59$7d1$2@blackhelicopter.databasix.com...
> On Tue, 06 Jul 2010 23:30:53 -0400, Larry Pollard <lpol@gbustmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hey John, when I look up randomly selected cards on
>>
>>http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov
>>
>>I can clearly see that Toyota / Lexus typically have fewer recalls and
>>of less severity than Ford or GM. So what's your agenda, really?

>
> His best girl left him for a toyota tech.


john can't afford to keep a human girl. He has a latex girl. It's full of
patches! LOL!



  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2010, 11:03 am   #7 (permalink)
ben91932
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460,IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

On Jul 6, 7:49*pm, mcbrue <mcb...@aol.com> wrote:
> So what will that do to the cost of extended warranty contracts?


Probably nothing.. Lexus will fix them all before the extended
warantee takes effect.

> Will the Lexus reputation be able to spring back after this, do you
> suppose?


Yes I think Lexus will be just fine.

> Always a pleasure to see such a stable and sober leader of the
> community coming in here to help us keep things in perspective.
> Thanks!


That was a touch of sarcasm, right?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07 Jul 2010, 10:43 pm   #8 (permalink)
C. E. White
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460, IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

----- Original Message -----
From: "Larry Pollard" <lpol@gbustmail.com>
Newsgroups:
rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.c amry,alt.autos.toyota.prius,alt.autos.lexus
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2010 11:30 PM
Subject: Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460,
IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL


> Hey John, when I look up randomly selected cards on
>
> http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov
>
> I can clearly see that Toyota / Lexus typically have fewer recalls and
> of less severity than Ford or GM.


So is this true, or do you only believe it to be true. Certainly it is easy
to pick years/models where GM or Ford had more recalls than Toyota, but it
is also easy to do the reverse. And given Toyota long history of covering
up defects, or at least trying to minimize the negative publicity by trying
to blame Customers or suppliers for problems, are you sure the "good" Toyota
statistics are meaningful?

For years Toyota was able to fly under the radar because they were a
relatively small player in the US market, mostly sold simplier cars that had
the bugs worked out in other markets, and were able to bury the details of
the defects in Japanese language reports in Japanese offices. Now that they
are one of the true "big three," introduce new design to the US market
concurrently with introduction in other markets, and have significant US
based engineering and manufacturing operations,. they are looking a whole
lot more like GM. Name a problem GM has had, and I'll bet Toyota as had it
also. Ask Toyota owners that suffered from sludged engines, defective
accelerator pedals, defective ball joints, rusted out frames, rollover prone
4Runners, blown head gaskets, disintegrating paint, etc, etc, about how
great Toyota Customer service is. Until recently it often required years of
fighting and threats from NHTSA before Toyota would even admit they had
problems. Maybe Toyota has changed but don't count on it.

Ed

  Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2010, 12:04 am   #9 (permalink)
Larry Pollard
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460, IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:43:41 -0400, "C. E. White"
<cewhite3remove@mindspring.com> wrote:

>For years Toyota was able to fly under the radar because they were a
>relatively small player in the US market, mostly sold simplier cars that had
>the bugs worked out in other markets, and were able to bury the details of
>the defects in Japanese language reports in Japanese offices. Now that they
>are one of the true "big three," introduce new design to the US market
>concurrently with introduction in other markets, and have significant US
>based engineering and manufacturing operations,. they are looking a whole
>lot more like GM. Name a problem GM has had, and I'll bet Toyota as had it
>also. Ask Toyota owners that suffered from sludged engines, defective
>accelerator pedals, defective ball joints, rusted out frames, rollover prone
>4Runners, blown head gaskets, disintegrating paint, etc, etc, about how
>great Toyota Customer service is. Until recently it often required years of
>fighting and threats from NHTSA before Toyota would even admit they had
>problems. Maybe Toyota has changed but don't count on it.


Looks like it's your word against any organization who ever did any
sort of survey or scientific testing. Do you wake up every morning
and decide to be a douchebag or only most days?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08 Jul 2010, 12:42 am   #10 (permalink)
jim beam
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota Recalls Defective Engines in Lexus GS350, GS450h, GS460,IS350, LS460, LS600h, LS600hL

On 07/07/2010 09:04 PM, Larry Pollard wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 22:43:41 -0400, "C. E. White"
> <cewhite3remove@mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>> For years Toyota was able to fly under the radar because they were a
>> relatively small player in the US market, mostly sold simplier cars that had
>> the bugs worked out in other markets, and were able to bury the details of
>> the defects in Japanese language reports in Japanese offices. Now that they
>> are one of the true "big three," introduce new design to the US market
>> concurrently with introduction in other markets, and have significant US
>> based engineering and manufacturing operations,. they are looking a whole
>> lot more like GM. Name a problem GM has had, and I'll bet Toyota as had it
>> also. Ask Toyota owners that suffered from sludged engines, defective
>> accelerator pedals, defective ball joints, rusted out frames, rollover prone
>> 4Runners, blown head gaskets, disintegrating paint, etc, etc, about how
>> great Toyota Customer service is. Until recently it often required years of
>> fighting and threats from NHTSA before Toyota would even admit they had
>> problems. Maybe Toyota has changed but don't count on it.

>
> Looks like it's your word against any organization who ever did any
> sort of survey or scientific testing. Do you wake up every morning
> and decide to be a douchebag or only most days?


ed didn't "decide" to be a douchebag - he gets paid to write that crap.

it's pathetic, but there's a whole world of shills out there that write
false product reviews, write fake letters to editors, and generally
"astroturf" anywhere where public opinion can be formed and money made.
i know this for fact because i've been approached by manufacturers to
do it for certain products too. and in the past, a firm i worked for
hired others to do it for stuff they were trying to position. it's just
a fact of life - another form of the world's oldest profession.


--
nomina rutrum rutrum
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.