350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25 May 2010, 09:43 am   #1 (permalink)
Blash
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"

I made the mistake of purchasing a '10 350RX witthout doing enough
homework.......
I am a smoker and the salesman knew this......he conveniently didn't bother
to tell me that the designers at Lexus had decided to build a "Politically
Correct" vehicle and ELIMINATED THE ASHTRAY, LIGHTER & CHANGE-HOLDER.
Now, the front-seat compartment for 2(TWO) people has 3(THREE) cupholders
and spaces for a seemingly unlimited supply of bottled water.
I live in Ft. Myers, Florida where we have a 5 month-long "Rainy
Season"......thus, whenever you lower the window to flick the cigarette
ashes, you get drenched......
If you don't want to spend the big $$s for their Nav system, there is NO
place to plug in your own Garmin or Tom-Tom.......Also, there is NO place to
plug in a radar detector.......
I wouldn't be surprised if next year, they only offer this vehicle in
"Shocking Pink" to further attract the soccer-moms!!! It's surely NOT
designed for an adult male.......
When the car was 2 days old, I went back to that whoreXXXdealer and he
offered to unwind the trade where it would ONLY cost me $8,000.........
I think the design team at Lexus is headed up by the same guy who decided to
change the formula for Coca-Cola.........
I've been driving Lexus LS and SC models since 1989......NEVER AGAIN!!!!

  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 10:14 am   #2 (permalink)
Wayne
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"


"Blash" <blash1@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:C8215A3E.E33AE%blash1@comcast.net...
>I made the mistake of purchasing a '10 350RX witthout doing enough
> homework.......
> I am a smoker and the salesman knew this......he conveniently didn't
> bother
> to tell me that the designers at Lexus had decided to build a "Politically
> Correct" vehicle and ELIMINATED THE ASHTRAY, LIGHTER & CHANGE-HOLDER.
> Now, the front-seat compartment for 2(TWO) people has 3(THREE) cupholders
> and spaces for a seemingly unlimited supply of bottled water.
> I live in Ft. Myers, Florida where we have a 5 month-long "Rainy
> Season"......thus, whenever you lower the window to flick the cigarette
> ashes, you get drenched......
> If you don't want to spend the big $$s for their Nav system, there is NO
> place to plug in your own Garmin or Tom-Tom.......Also, there is NO place
> to
> plug in a radar detector.......
> I wouldn't be surprised if next year, they only offer this vehicle in
> "Shocking Pink" to further attract the soccer-moms!!! It's surely NOT
> designed for an adult male.......
> When the car was 2 days old, I went back to that whoreXXXdealer and he
> offered to unwind the trade where it would ONLY cost me $8,000.........
> I think the design team at Lexus is headed up by the same guy who decided
> to
> change the formula for Coca-Cola.........
> I've been driving Lexus LS and SC models since 1989......NEVER AGAIN!!!!
>

-
As a non-smoker, I have all of the same issues with driver convenience
features. I have learned to live with the ridiculous accessory
sockets....just use extender cords to get everything to a usable position
(or throw out the console liner and live with the bottomless pit).

You also forgot to mention the removal of the sunglasses holder from
overhead. The center console lid doesn't fully open, such that it is pretty
much impossible to retrieve anything while driving. The overhead buttons
are flush and unlighted (!). Open the hood, and where is the engine?
Under all those annoying covers. Apparently, owners are being discouraged
from doing anything but adding windshield washer fluid.

Then there is the "funny spare". When using it, you should not drive more
than 100 miles or at speeds exceeding 50 mph, or with chains, or in
conditions where performance will be affected!!!!! Of course, the flat tire
sticks above the spare storage compartment, so that the flooring won't
close. And, that also conflicts with rigid trunk liners. You might end up
with luggage in the passenger seat. Obviously, the Lexus "plan" is that
when a flat occurs, you stay put and wait on help, no matter how long or
inconvenient that is. Hopefully, the flat will occur in an area that has
cellfone coverage.

I agree that they have meddled with their own success. It is a politically
correct vehicle that takes away many driving conveniences in a nanny state
approach. Part of the problem is that prior models of the RX were sooooo
good that people (like me) blindly stumbled into buying a 2010.

That being said....grit your teeth and try to forget the annoyances. You
will find that the vehicle handles beautifully, is comfortable, quiet and
has tons of desirable features.


  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 03:30 pm   #3 (permalink)
Bill Yanaire, ESQ
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"



"Blash" <blash1@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:C8215A3E.E33AE%blash1@comcast.net...
> I made the mistake of purchasing a '10 350RX witthout doing enough
> homework.......


There is the crux of your post. YOU didn't do YOUR homework. Plain and
simple. If you had driven the vehicle, knowing you are a smoker, found out
that there were no ashtrays, then YOU shouldn't have purchased the vehicle.
Don't blame the salesman. It's his job to sell cars.

I assume you are more than 18 years of age. I also assume you have
purchased other vehicles. Therefore if what I said is true, it is NOBODY
else's fault. Period.


> I am a smoker and the salesman knew this......he conveniently didn't
> bother
> to tell me that the designers at Lexus had decided to build a "Politically
> Correct" vehicle and ELIMINATED THE ASHTRAY, LIGHTER & CHANGE-HOLDER.
> Now, the front-seat compartment for 2(TWO) people has 3(THREE) cupholders
> and spaces for a seemingly unlimited supply of bottled water.
> I live in Ft. Myers, Florida where we have a 5 month-long "Rainy
> Season"......thus, whenever you lower the window to flick the cigarette
> ashes, you get drenched......


Maybe you shouldn't smoke in the vehicle.


> If you don't want to spend the big $$s for their Nav system, there is NO
> place to plug in your own Garmin or Tom-Tom.......Also, there is NO place
> to
> plug in a radar detector.......


Yes there is. You just don't know how to look for it.


> I wouldn't be surprised if next year, they only offer this vehicle in
> "Shocking Pink" to further attract the soccer-moms!!! It's surely NOT
> designed for an adult male.......


Maybe you should take the vehicle to a paint shop and get it shocking pink.


> When the car was 2 days old, I went back to that whoreXXXdealer and he
> offered to unwind the trade where it would ONLY cost me $8,000.........


Sounds perfectly OK. You screwed up and they offered to purchase a used
vehicle.


> I think the design team at Lexus is headed up by the same guy who decided
> to
> change the formula for Coca-Cola.........


Don't think so. It's you that is heading the wrong way.


> I've been driving Lexus LS and SC models since 1989......NEVER AGAIN!!!!
>


Best you stay away from Lexus. I think Chrysler is more your style.



  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 04:07 pm   #4 (permalink)
Blash
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"

Bill Yanaire, ESQ wrote on 5/25/10 4:30 PM:

> "Blash" <blash1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:C8215A3E.E33AE%blash1@comcast.net...
>> I made the mistake of purchasing a '10 350RX witthout doing enough
>> homework.......

>
> There is the crux of your post. YOU didn't do YOUR homework. Plain and
> simple. If you had driven the vehicle, knowing you are a smoker, found out
> that there were no ashtrays, then YOU shouldn't have purchased the vehicle.
> Don't blame the salesman. It's his job to sell cars.


I admitted it was my mistake....I didn't think of looking for an ashtray
in a demo car because I would never light up in someone elses'
vehicle........
Maybe you'll let me contact you for stock market advice.....from the
tone of your reply, you've NEVER made a mistake........

  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 04:28 pm   #5 (permalink)
Bill Yanaire, ESQ
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"

Scuse me. Take a look at the tone of your post. Negativity all the way
through. You then say their design team is incompetent and you will never
drive another Lexus again. Sheesh. Then you call the dealer a whore! I
think maybe you need to calm down and get laid.



"Blash" <blash1@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:C821B455.E3556%blash1@comcast.net...
> Bill Yanaire, ESQ wrote on 5/25/10 4:30 PM:
>
>> "Blash" <blash1@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> news:C8215A3E.E33AE%blash1@comcast.net...
>>> I made the mistake of purchasing a '10 350RX witthout doing enough
>>> homework.......

>>
>> There is the crux of your post. YOU didn't do YOUR homework. Plain and
>> simple. If you had driven the vehicle, knowing you are a smoker, found
>> out
>> that there were no ashtrays, then YOU shouldn't have purchased the
>> vehicle.
>> Don't blame the salesman. It's his job to sell cars.

>
> I admitted it was my mistake....I didn't think of looking for an
> ashtray
> in a demo car because I would never light up in someone elses'
> vehicle........
> Maybe you'll let me contact you for stock market advice.....from the
> tone of your reply, you've NEVER made a mistake........
>

  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 04:54 pm   #6 (permalink)
Blash
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"

Bill Yanaire, ESQ wrote on 5/25/10 5:28 PM:

> Scuse me. Take a look at the tone of your post. Negativity all the way
> through.

Clever of you to pick up on that.....
P.S. that was my intent!!

> You then say their design team is incompetent and you will never
> drive another Lexus again. Sheesh.

.....and I meant it!!

> Then you call the dealer a whore!

That was the only description I could think of that wouldn't go into 4
letter words......This was a guy I had lunch with every month(and he NEVER
made a move to get the check)........

> I think maybe you need to calm down and get laid.

Many thanks......You have no idea how much I value your opinion.........

  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 06:38 pm   #7 (permalink)
kt277x@gmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"

On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:43:10 -0400, Blash <blash1@comcast.net> wrote:

>If you don't want to spend the big $$s for their Nav system, there is NO
>place to plug in your own Garmin or Tom-Tom.......Also, there is NO place to
>plug in a radar detector.......


I could use some clarity here.

The Lexus website says the 350 RX has:

- Sliding front center console with storage bin, dual power outlets
and pass-through storage

- Accessory power outlet in front center stack, rear console box and
rear cargo area

and as a $100 option:

-Two-prong 120V AC power outlet


Seems to me a portable GPS or radar detector ought to go in one of
those?
  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 07:39 pm   #8 (permalink)
Wayne
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"


"Bill Yanaire, ESQ" <bill@yanaire.com> wrote in message
news:4bfc4116$1@news.x-privat.org...
> Scuse me. Take a look at the tone of your post. Negativity all the way
> through. You then say their design team is incompetent .....

<snip>
Well.....they are incompetent in designing the interior creature features of
the RX-350....the vehicle is hosed up.


  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 07:52 pm   #9 (permalink)
Wayne
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"


<kt277x@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:vknov5pt3kim2f09qf1scmm4sl82sh00mv@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:43:10 -0400, Blash <blash1@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>If you don't want to spend the big $$s for their Nav system, there is NO
>>place to plug in your own Garmin or Tom-Tom.......Also, there is NO place
>>to
>>plug in a radar detector.......

>
> I could use some clarity here.
>
> The Lexus website says the 350 RX has:
>
> - Sliding front center console with storage bin, dual power outlets
> and pass-through storage
>
> - Accessory power outlet in front center stack, rear console box and
> rear cargo area
>
> and as a $100 option:
>
> -Two-prong 120V AC power outlet
>
>
> Seems to me a portable GPS or radar detector ought to go in one of
> those?

-
The situation is as follows:
There are two power outlets and a USB port in the center console. To access
these 1) stop the vehicle, as you can't fully open the center console to get
at anything while driving 2) remove the small tray for loose items 3)
remove the console liner 4) get a flashlight and fish around until you get
the device plugged in 5)reinstall the console liner box, routing the power
up and out of the console 6) reinstall the small tray for loose items.
Want to unplug the device? Reverse the above process. That is why most 350
owners get extender cords for the accessory power outlets. The OP is a
smoker, and there is no provision for a lighter or ashtray.


  Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 07:56 pm   #10 (permalink)
kt277x@gmail.com
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: 350RX is now a "Soccermommobile"

On Tue, 25 May 2010 17:52:47 -0700, "Wayne" <mygarbagecan@verizon.net>
wrote:

>
><kt277x@gmail.com> wrote in message
>news:vknov5pt3kim2f09qf1scmm4sl82sh00mv@4ax.com.. .
>> On Tue, 25 May 2010 10:43:10 -0400, Blash <blash1@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>>If you don't want to spend the big $$s for their Nav system, there is NO
>>>place to plug in your own Garmin or Tom-Tom.......Also, there is NO place
>>>to
>>>plug in a radar detector.......

>>
>> I could use some clarity here.
>>
>> The Lexus website says the 350 RX has:
>>
>> - Sliding front center console with storage bin, dual power outlets
>> and pass-through storage
>>
>> - Accessory power outlet in front center stack, rear console box and
>> rear cargo area
>>
>> and as a $100 option:
>>
>> -Two-prong 120V AC power outlet
>>
>>
>> Seems to me a portable GPS or radar detector ought to go in one of
>> those?

>-
>The situation is as follows:
>There are two power outlets and a USB port in the center console. To access
>these 1) stop the vehicle, as you can't fully open the center console to get
>at anything while driving 2) remove the small tray for loose items 3)
>remove the console liner 4) get a flashlight and fish around until you get
>the device plugged in 5)reinstall the console liner box, routing the power
>up and out of the console 6) reinstall the small tray for loose items.
>Want to unplug the device? Reverse the above process. That is why most 350
>owners get extender cords for the accessory power outlets. The OP is a
>smoker, and there is no provision for a lighter or ashtray.


That does seem to be a bit of a pain in the ass. Is the IS250 that
convoluted? I've been thinking of one of these or a G37.
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 am.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.