Toyota 2012 Description

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2011, 07:47 pm   #1 (permalink)
bwilson4web
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Toyota 2012 Description

I wasn't sure when it would come out but here it is:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...t+features.htm

". . .
There’s big news for the 2012 Prius in the audio/infotainment area,
with new standard systems for Prius Two, Three and Four models. The
Prius Two, features a new Display Audio touch-screen system with a 6.1-
inch screen. The AM/FM CD player unit offers MP3/WMA playback
capability with six speakers, a USB port for iPod® connectivity,
auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth® hands-free phone capability and audio
streaming. The display also provides vehicle information and allows
the driver to customize vehicle settings.
.. . .
The 2012 Prius is certified as a Super Ultra Low Emission Vehicle
(SULEV) and an Advanced Technology Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle (AT-
PZEV) in California, as well as those states applying California
emission standards. The AT-PZEV certification requires the SULEV
exhaust standard linked with the ability to meet a zero-fuel-
evaporative standard, a 150,000-mile durability demonstration,
extended emissions system warranty, and technology deemed by the
California Air Resources Board (CARB) to advance future fuel cell
vehicles. In the rest of the country, Prius is certified as Tier 2,
Bin 3.
.. . ."

So it looks like there will be a 6.1 inch screen in all models. But
the real ringer is the "SULEV" rating that California drivers can use
for an HOV pass. I didn't see that coming.

Bob Wilson
  Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2011, 12:47 am   #2 (permalink)
Al Falfa
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota 2012 Description

"bwilson4web" wrote in message
news:d3159dfe-6f6b-43c6-a54a-35b242d386af@j1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...

I wasn't sure when it would come out but here it is:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...t+features.htm

". . .
There’s big news for the 2012 Prius in the audio/infotainment area,
with new standard systems for Prius Two, Three and Four models. The
Prius Two, features a new Display Audio touch-screen system with a 6.1-
inch screen. The AM/FM CD player unit offers MP3/WMA playback
capability with six speakers, a USB port for iPod® connectivity,
auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth® hands-free phone capability and audio
streaming. The display also provides vehicle information and allows
the driver to customize vehicle settings.

I don't get it. Both my cell phone and iPod Touch connect simultaneously to
the audio system in my 2010. Moreover, both can be controlled with button
on the steering wheel. The USB jack was added mid-2010 but the Bluetooth
connection works so well with the iPod as to make that unnecessary. There
is nothing "new" about this.

  Reply With Quote
Old 30 Sep 2011, 03:18 am   #3 (permalink)
bwilson4web
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota 2012 Description

On Sep 30, 12:47*am, "Al Falfa" <c...@eastforty.fld> wrote:
> "bwilson4web" *wrote in message
>
> news:d3159dfe-6f6b-43c6-a54a-35b242d386af@j1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
>
> I wasn't sure when it would come out but here it is:
>
> http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...hybrid+styling...
>
> ". . .
> There s big news for the 2012 Prius in the audio/infotainment area,
> with new standard systems for Prius Two, Three and Four models. The
> Prius Two, features a new Display Audio touch-screen system with a 6.1-
> inch screen. The AM/FM CD player unit offers MP3/WMA playback
> capability with six speakers, a USB port for iPod connectivity,
> auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth hands-free phone capability and audio
> streaming. The display also provides vehicle information and allows
> the driver to customize vehicle settings.
>
> I don't get it. *Both my cell phone and iPod Touch connect simultaneously to
> the audio system in my 2010. *Moreover, both can be controlled with button
> on the steering wheel. *The USB jack was added mid-2010 but the Bluetooth
> connection works so well with the iPod as to make that unnecessary. *There
> is nothing "new" about this.


The "6.1 inch screen" is the new, standard feature. We bought one of
the first 2010s in May 2009 and there is no screen. When backup
cameras become standard, Toyota will already have the display in the
car and no doubt there is a video interface. But thanks for the tip
about using Bluetooth control of an iPod.

My iPod was replaced with an iPad but I've not tried to Bluetooth
connect in my wife's car. I've been using the AUX audio port and a
Griffin plug which provided power for the battery limited iPod. It
works OK with the iPad but sometimes you want to skip or pause a
podcast. I'll give it a try.

Bob Wilson
  Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 12:20 am   #4 (permalink)
Al Falfa
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota 2012 Description

"bwilson4web" wrote in message
news:b37bdbc2-f639-4274-b4ad-8cbe6e3cbe72@d18g2000yql.googlegroups.com...

On Sep 30, 12:47 am, "Al Falfa" <c...@eastforty.fld> wrote:
> "bwilson4web" wrote in message
>
> news:d3159dfe-6f6b-43c6-a54a-35b242d386af@j1g2000yqj.googlegroups.com...
>
> I wasn't sure when it would come out but here it is:
>
> http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...hybrid+styling...
>
> ". . .
> There s big news for the 2012 Prius in the audio/infotainment area,
> with new standard systems for Prius Two, Three and Four models. The
> Prius Two, features a new Display Audio touch-screen system with a 6.1-
> inch screen. The AM/FM CD player unit offers MP3/WMA playback
> capability with six speakers, a USB port for iPod connectivity,
> auxiliary input jack, Bluetooth hands-free phone capability and audio
> streaming. The display also provides vehicle information and allows
> the driver to customize vehicle settings.
>
> I don't get it. Both my cell phone and iPod Touch connect simultaneously
> to
> the audio system in my 2010. Moreover, both can be controlled with button
> on the steering wheel. The USB jack was added mid-2010 but the Bluetooth
> connection works so well with the iPod as to make that unnecessary. There
> is nothing "new" about this.


The "6.1 inch screen" is the new, standard feature. We bought one of
the first 2010s in May 2009 and there is no screen. When backup
cameras become standard, Toyota will already have the display in the
car and no doubt there is a video interface. But thanks for the tip
about using Bluetooth control of an iPod.

My iPod was replaced with an iPad but I've not tried to Bluetooth
connect in my wife's car. I've been using the AUX audio port and a
Griffin plug which provided power for the battery limited iPod. It
works OK with the iPad but sometimes you want to skip or pause a
podcast. I'll give it a try.

Bob Wilson

The screen in my 2010 is a little over 6" and screens *were* standard in my
2005. The Bluetooth connection is superb. A few weeks ago I backed my card
out of the garage and did a double take when my iPod playlist started up.
At first I thought I'd left the iPod in my center console, checked, and it
wasn't there. The car had engaged my iPod where it sat in a little stand
near my desktop PC about 50' away and through two walls. I lost the
connection as I pulled out of my driveway.

I have no idea how one configures the Bluetooth interface without a screen.
Mine is configured to work with two iPods, one at a time. After being
configured you simply go into the iPod's music app, select a playlist, and
close the app. The Bluetooth interface will open the app and pick up on the
last song played. If you get a call, it pauses the music and starts it back
when the call is finished. The button on the wheel than otherwise control a
CD can be used to skip backward or forward in the playlist. The audio
screen has pause, skip back and skip forward buttons. The first time you go
to the audio screen the BT choice will be gray (not selectable) and won't be
available until you first pair the device to the car. That is done on
another screen. I found the instructions on the 'net.



  Reply With Quote
Old 01 Oct 2011, 12:35 am   #5 (permalink)
bwilson4web
Guest
  • Posts: n/a
  • User Status:


Default Re: Toyota 2012 Description

On Oct 1, 12:20*am, "Al Falfa" <c...@eastforty.fld> wrote:
> "bwilson4web" *wrote in message
>

.. . .
> My iPod was replaced with an iPad but I've not tried to Bluetooth
> connect in my wife's car. I've been using the AUX audio port and a
> Griffin plug which provided power for the battery limited iPod. It
> works OK with the iPad but sometimes you want to skip or pause a
> podcast. I'll give it a try.
>
> Bob Wilson
>
> The screen in my 2010 is a little over 6" and screens *were* standard in my
> 2005. *The Bluetooth connection is superb. *A few weeks ago I backed my card
> out of the garage and did a double take when my iPod playlist started up.
> At first I thought I'd left the iPod in my center console, checked, and it
> wasn't there. *The car had engaged my iPod where it sat in a little stand
> near my desktop PC about 50' away and through two walls. *I lost the
> connection as I pulled out of my driveway.
>
> I have no idea how one configures the Bluetooth interface without a screen.
> Mine is configured to work with two iPods, one at a time. * After being
> configured you simply go into the iPod's music app, select a playlist, and
> close the app. *The Bluetooth interface will open the app and pick up on the
> last song played. *If you get a call, it pauses the music and starts itback
> when the call is finished. *The button on the wheel than otherwise control a
> CD can be used to skip backward or forward in the playlist. *The audio
> screen has pause, skip back and skip forward buttons. *The first time you go
> to the audio screen the BT choice will be gray (not selectable) and won'tbe
> available until you first pair the device to the car. *That is done on
> another screen. *I found the instructions on the 'net.


Sad to say, my wife's 2010, a Prius 2 with upgraded radio but no
screen, won't pair with the iPad. What you are describing is exactly
what I'd like to have. Meanwhile, I can use the Griffin, AUX port
solution in my wife's car and a cassette adapter in the 2003.These are
not optimum so I keep trying to figure out better solutions.

Bob Wilson
  Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 pm.

Attribution:
Autoblog
Powered by Yahoo Answers



ToyotaLexusForum.com is an unofficial community for car enthusiasts. ToyotaLexusForum.com is not affiliated with Toyota Motor Corporation in any way.
Toyota Motor Corporation does not sponsor, support, or endorse ToyotaLexusForum.com in any way.
Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended or implied.