Toyota Lexus Forum - Performance Parts Tuning

Toyota Lexus Forum - Performance Parts Tuning (http://www.toyotalexusforum.com/)
-   Toyota Trucks (http://www.toyotalexusforum.com/toyota-trucks/)
-   -   Speedo sensor issues??? (http://www.toyotalexusforum.com/toyota-trucks/19016-speedo-sensor-issues.html)

Joe Clark 25 Sep 2009 04:10 pm

Speedo sensor issues???
 
I have a 94' "plain Jane" toyota truck with a 22RE, 5 spd. The speedometer
recently stopped working. I need a test proceedure for the sensor.

Any help out there?

Thx,
Tom



Jeff 25 Sep 2009 08:00 pm

Re: Speedo sensor issues???
 
Joe Clark wrote:
> I have a 94' "plain Jane" toyota truck with a 22RE, 5 spd. The speedometer
> recently stopped working. I need a test proceedure for the sensor.
>
> Any help out there?
>
> Thx,
> Tom
>
>

"Swap with a known good unit."

Jeff 26 Sep 2009 05:08 pm

Re: Speedo sensor issues???
 
Jeff wrote:
> Joe Clark wrote:
>> I have a 94' "plain Jane" toyota truck with a 22RE, 5 spd. The
>> speedometer recently stopped working. I need a test proceedure for the
>> sensor.
>>
>> Any help out there?
>>
>> Thx,
>> Tom
>>

> "Swap with a known good unit."

....because, the problem's either the speedo head, or, the sending unit,
right? Either is very $pendy (and probably "nonreturnable electrical
parts").

You got u-pull-it type yards in your locale? Go get a sending unit off
the tranny. Or, swap with a "friend".

Tim Lamb 27 Sep 2009 04:31 am

Re: Speedo sensor issues???
 
In message <4abe81e9$0$11307$822641b3@news.adtechcomputers.co m>, Jeff
<Not@dot.net> writes
>Jeff wrote:
>> Joe Clark wrote:
>>> I have a 94' "plain Jane" toyota truck with a 22RE, 5 spd. The
>>>speedometer recently stopped working. I need a test proceedure for
>>>the sensor.
>>>
>>> Any help out there?
>>>
>>> Thx,
>>> Tom
>>>

>> "Swap with a known good unit."

>...because, the problem's either the speedo head, or, the sending unit,
>right? Either is very $pendy (and probably "nonreturnable electrical
>parts").
>
>You got u-pull-it type yards in your locale? Go get a sending unit off
>the tranny. Or, swap with a "friend".


I am not familiar with Toyota names for the American market but my UK
'94 Hilux truck can be affected by salt laden road dirt. The symptom is
intermittent speedo operation with the needle swinging between zero and
actual road speed. With the number of speed cameras operating here, this
can be quite a worry.

A clean round the sender area appears to have cured the problem.

regards

--
Tim Lamb


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54